• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom asks Resident Evil fans what they want.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I tried to post this on the Resident Evil Facebook Page, but for some reason it kept disappearing seconds after posting it. Please have a read and tell me what you all think.

As a concerned consumer and Resident Evil fanatic, I would like to see the following come to pass:

1). HD optimized releases of RE Director’s Cut, RE2 Dual Shock (for Extreme Battle Mode), RE3, RE 0, and REmake for Xbox 360 and PS3.

2). HD optimized releases of Resident Evil Outbreak and Outbreak File #2 on Xbox 360 and PS3 with full online support. Let’s face it the PS2’s online was a joke. To be followed by Resident Evil Outbreak File #3.

3). HD optimized release of Resident Evil: Mercenaries on Xbox 360 and PS3 with more classic characters and weapons from the franchise as a whole. (Lord knows there are a few we haven’t seen in a while.

4). HD optimized release of RE: Revelations on Xbox 360 and PS3.

5). While I am of two minds about this I would like to see REmake 2 & 3. They would need to have same story, characters, and overall feel, but with better graphics, audio, and dialogue.

6). A cease and desist on the live action Resident Evil films that have anything to do with Milla Jovovich or Paul W.S. Anderson, and on Capcom’s questionable decisions that began during the development of RE4. I realize that the films, RE4 (though critically acclaimed.), and RE5 made quite a bit of money they feel nothing like Resident Evil nor do they deserve the right to be called so. I believe most Resident Evil fans (at least the ones worth their salt.) can agree with that. The rape and pillaging of the Resident Evil Franchise has gone on long enough.

7). Finally, I would like to see movies based (Read: ACCURATELY) on the Resident Evil Franchise. I would like the ones based on the games done in the same manner of RE Degeneration. This would ensure a good continuity considering all the characters will look and sound accurate (if you use the same voice actors.), and you won’t have to worry as much about poor casting choices (See # 6.). If you ever REboot the Resident Evil live action films, here is a word of advice: How about creating a new scenario with new characters in new settings that actually FIT in with the games’ canon universe.

This may be a case of “Hey I said that!” or “It’s been said before.”, but I did not read every one of the thousands of posts. It should at least show Capcom that Resident Evil Fans know what they want out of the Franchise’s future. If you find that you agree with any of the comments (not just mine.), Like them so we can show Capcom what direction Resident Evil REally needs to go.

-THL​

Rammlied

I'm with you about being a Resident Evil Fanatic. Yet i don't care how they make they game. I'm NEVER EVER disappointed with anything related to Resident Evil

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Generally I would agree with you, but I felt that RE4 and RE5 were missed opportunities as a whole.
As for the movies I would have preferred if this had been the case:
How about creating a new scenario with new characters in new settings that actually FIT in with the games’ canon universe

I still feel that the films shouldn't have strayed so far from the game universe. The RE films could have accomplished this, but as I said about RE4 & 5, so many missed oportunities.

Rammlied

Generally I would agree with you, but I felt that RE4 and RE5 were missed opportunities as a whole.
As for the movies I would have preferred if this had been the case:

I still feel that the films shouldn't have strayed so far from the game universe. The RE films could have accomplished this, but as I said about RE4 & 5, so many missed oportunities.

I love the movies cause i look at them as a different Resident Evil Universe. As for RE6 goes. Well the same answer i said before, the series never lets me down. RE4 and 5 were amazing games to me. In fact I wanna pick up RE5 again and play it.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
One thing I have noticed is that RE fans that got their first taste of Resident Evil either with the films or RE4 don't tend to be as bothered with them as fans whom have been with the franchise from the beginning. Then again some who have been here all along aren't bothered by them either, but the majority I talk to are.

Rammlied

One thing I have noticed is that RE fans that got their first taste of Resident Evil either with the films or RE4 don't tend to be as bothered with them as fans whom have been with the franchise from the beginning. Then again some who have been here all along aren't bothered by them either, but the majority I talk to are.

Don't worry bro, I've playing RE games since the beginning. Played them all and love them all, including side story ones.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Like I said there are exceptions both ways with that observation, but I see it more often than not. Got to go for now.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I would like to see a throwback to the original RE games as far as the creepy factor goes...but i would also love to see the over the shoulder camera angles from the 4th and 5th game...So itd be like combining the best of both worlds...
I would like it to star Leon and Jill...
I would like to see the return of zombies, however i'm not oposed to monsters infected by plagas as well...
Alex Wesker to be a female, and Albert Wesker to be DEAD...
And finaly, one we haven't seen in a while, alternate endings depending on how the games was played...Though only one cannon ending...

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I have actually given thought to alternate control schemes that could be included in Remakes or the new one and this is what I have come up with.

1). Classic RE
2). Classic RE exploration that switches to ots for shooting
3). Classic RE that allows you to aim the via the laser (Like when using the Camera easter egg in lost in nightmares.)​
4). RE5 control scheme that allows you to shoot from the hip while moving (like most 3rd person shooters), but when you aim you plant yourself in one spot for increased accuracy.​

Personally I like number 2, The best of both worlds.​

Top Bottom