• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Can RE6 bring the franchise back from the dead?

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Having been away for a while, i'm only now catching up with a few threads. This is the only one i will be commenting on however, as i know its been sleeping for a while, i would like to put my opinion in beside this, for what it's worth.

It's threads like this, that have turned me away from Leon, as i find the blinkered fans of Leon to be a tad.... well....'' insecure ''

after looking at the conduct of some who will remain nameless, and if this is where the Leon fan base is headed, then all i can say is,

342-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.png

I just hope someone had the decency to put all the sand back in the sand pit.

BranBran

So can we get off our favorite character's ball sack for a second and be happy that Capcom is trying to please us all with the different game styles in this game? You have fans who enjoyed the older RE ways and you have fans who enjoy the new ways of RE4 and RE5, nothing wrong with that. I have enjoyed all the RE games! I have really enjoyed RE5's co-op so much. Sure it wasn't as scary as the older ones but i had a blast running from the monsters and wondering if my partner was ok. Also, from what I have seen of Ada's campaign, Capcom is giving us a story line where your by yourself like the good ol days! ;)

JMG29

To Let The World Be
@VP-70: Just because a character has an obnoxious fanbase doesn't make him less cool. :D

The demo (and the Ada campaign) raised my hopes for the game, but I still wish it had difficulty options, because the enemies were pathetic. I barely fought any zombies in the last part of Leon's campaign, and the Javo in Chris' were terribly boring to fight. Considering that you can now walk and shoot at the same time, they need to make the enemies more challenging to make up for it.
Jake is my favorite because he had actual/fun gameplay.
Also, I'm a tad annoyed that Chris now represents the tough-guy shooter side of Resident Evil while Leon represents the more traditional survival-horror side.

Revelations was surprisingly very good (I had problems for the demo for that game too), so I hope RE6 kicks ass. I still have my pre-order, and it's half paid for already (fully paid for if you count the $30 I have in "The Bank of Dad.")

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
-
Ada had a very good chance of being relevant, especially considering that little name-drop in RE...until she was sucked into Leon's web of irrelevancy. Now it's hard for her to even try and stand alone in the series as a character without him. (Which I suspect they're trying to rectify with her playing a bigger part in RE6 and what not...or maybe they're just trying to spread the heinous irrelevance to the other characters! :eek:)

*sighs*

Leon is irrelevant because he never really fit into the storyline - not the canon storyline for RE2 anyway, and RE4 just kind of went off the map altogether. Birkin is after Claire and Sherry because he's looking for someone to implant an embryo in and Sherry's the most logical choice and he's not that far gone yet; but as seen in both scenarios, his survival instincts will make him try to make an embryo work in anyone. Mr. X is after Claire and Sherry because of the G-virus sample Sherry carries in her locket.

What I want someone to explain to me is why Mr. X is after Leon and Ada - because that is how the gods of canon say the story went. Neither one of them have a G-virus sample as Ada is simply looking for one but is not in possession of one. Birkin's scenario, as strange as it would be for him to not try and plant an embryo in the most logical candidate, could be interchangeable, but Mr. X is programmed with one purpose and that is to acquire a G-virus sample.

Claire and Sherry fit very easily into either scenario. Leon and Ada? Not so much. The end result left me, even as a little girl, wondering just why Leon's even there...?
I have to say Leon is the greatest antagonist of the whole series !!! -He was a regular guy just trying make a honest living his family was in the mob , but he wanted to make a honest good man of his name.Umbrella destroyed his whole town and he made it his goal in life to learn all he could and strive to make himself a force to wreckoned with againsts Umbrellas tyranny !!!! he went from a rookie beat cop to a secret service member all in the name of stopping Umbrella and not letting what happened in Raccoon city happen ever again. The rest of the characters it was all their jobs to stop Umbrella, Leon did it cause hes a true hero and cares for the rights of the little people...

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
-

I have to say Leon is the greatest antagonist of the whole series !!! -He was a regular guy just trying make a honest living his family was in the mob , but he wanted to make a honest good man of his name.Umbrella destroyed his whole town and he made it his goal in life to learn all he could and strive to make himself a force to wreckoned with againsts Umbrellas tyranny !!!! he went from a rookie beat cop to a secret service member all in the name of stopping Umbrella and not letting what happened in Raccoon city happen ever again. The rest of the characters it was all their jobs to stop Umbrella, Leon did it cause hes a true hero and cares for the rights of the little people...

Leon wasn't the only one affected on a personal level by Umbrella's doings.So was it their jobs when S.T.A.R.S. was disbanded and replaced with a SWAT TEAM? They (Chris and Jill) investigated and volunteered to take down Umbrella at all cost even after S.T.A.R.S. and raccoon city were no longer.

HELLBOY1980

- Leon was a regular guy that became a hero cause he rose to the occasion . -Just like in real life sometimes a regular guy comes out and just does whats right and is a hero... thats all I have to say about Leon in the series. I love Chris but he was trained in the military and was fighting all the time Leon stood up to the bully in a way. I still believe though in the end of this game Chris will pull a batman and make the ultimate sacrafice to save everyone!

tharsheblows

- Leon was a regular guy that became a hero cause he rose to the occasion.

Leon wasn't a regular guy, he was a trained police officer with the skills of a trained police officer who did what a police officer does, putting their lives on the line at risk everyday for the safety of others. He was doing his job like any police officer should do. I'm pretty sure after he was forced (I think) to join the secret service his skills/abilities improved significantly.

I love Chris but he was trained in the military and was fighting all the time.

Chris was in the Air force branch in the military so we don't know how much fighting he had done but since he was praised on his skills/abilities so I'm guessing he did ground combat as well. Also, he was in the military lol, isn't it kind of expected depending on your role/position?

Leon stood up to the bully in a way.

Stood up to what bully? Who bullied him? LOL.

I still believe though in the end of this game Chris will pull a batman and make the ultimate sacrifice to save everyone!

It's entirely possible

HELLBOY1980

Leon wasn't a regular guy, he was a trained police officer with the skills of a trained police officer who did what a police officer does, putting their lives on the line at risk everyday for the safety of others. He was doing his job like any police officer should do. I'm pretty sure after he was forced (I think) to join the secret service his skills/abilities improved significantly.

Chris was in the Air force branch in the military so we don't know how much fighting he had done but since he was praised on his skills/abilities so I'm guessing he did ground combat as well. Also, he was in the military lol, isn't it kind of expected depending on your role/position?

Stood up to what bully? Who bullied him? LOL.

It's entirely possible
you dont get what i was saying......hes the little guy that stood up for whats right , he stood up to the bully meaning Umbrella. your just making excuses trying to put down the logic behind Leons character to bring association to the every man.

tharsheblows

you dont get what i was saying......hes the little guy that stood up for whats right , he stood up to the bully meaning Umbrella.

How would I know what he stood up to if it wasn't in your previous post? You clearly didn't say who/what it was and I responded with "who was he bullied by?" because I didn't know what you were talking about or what you were referring to because Umbrella clearly isn't in your previous post at all. Also, he wasn't the only one who stood up to Umbrella (the bully lol) as I stated earlier. You are making it as if he was the only one who wanted to stop Umbrella at all cost despite what there occupation was when clearly he wasn't the only one to rise up to the occasion as you said earlier also. Chris, Berry,Rebecca, and Jill all planned to take down Umbrella after the events of RE1. Hell, Chris began investigating Umbrella alone, not even telling Jill until later. All of that was after S.T.A.R.S.were dismembered, and before the events of RE2.

your just making excuses trying to put down the logic behind Leon's character to bring association to the every man.

How am I trying to put down Leon, please show me where I did. I like Leon and I'm not a fanboy, he was just a regular police officer during the events of RE2, everyone knows this. After RE2 he had the experience and the government had interest in him and wanted to recruit him, and they did and over the years he became the super agent that we know today. You're the one who said and I quote: "The rest of the characters it was all their jobs to stop Umbrella, Leon did it cause hes a true hero and cares for the rights of the little people..." and I only responded because that simply isn't true.I never put Leon down at all, even though you may have interpreted as such.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't think Leon is irrelevant, but after playing RE2 for the first couple of times, I also wondered why it would make sense for Mister X to go after him rather than Sherry. First I thought: Well, since ClaireA/LeonB is not the canon story anyway, they probably didn't bother putting too much effort in it. Then I found out that ClaireA/LeonB actually is the canon story... and now I think the solution to the problem is the difference between gameplay and story "reality".

An example: Being bitten by zombies and other creatures is a gameplay mechanic necessary to provide a source of danger. You can get bitten a hundred times during a playthrough; as long as you keep healing yourself with herbs and sprays, you will still see a happy ending. However, in "reality", no one is ever bitten because if they were, they would turn into zombies sooner or later.

Another example: It is said that Chris, Jill, Barry and Rebecca all survived the mansion incident. Playing the game, however, it's impossible to get an ending showing the escape of all of them together because Rebecca is completely absent from Jill's scenario and Barry doesn't appear in Chris's. The Remake was an opportunity to set things right, but Capcom didn't use it. So the difference between gameplay and "reality" still exists here as well.

It's the same with RE2, where much is happening behind the curtain anyway. We have four playable characters of which we only see two most of the time, yet the other two must still exist somehow. Who knows what Ada is doing while she's not with Leon, and perhaps Sherry is running from various monsters all the time while she's not with Claire. It's basically the same with Mister X: Just because we never see him go after Sherry, doesn't mean he doesn't do it while Leon is moving shelves in the library. After all, he has to be somewhere when he's not on screen.

slack

It's a crapshoot in my opinion. The gameplay looks like it'll be halfway decent and it seems like it'll be appealing, but it's the story that really concerns me. They better pull off no stops on this one.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I'm really looking forward to RE6, but...
It's a little tiring to hear that argument being used so many times. Especially on the Halo Waypoint forums.
I still stand by what I said. Its pointless to criticize something until you play the final product. It doesn't matter how many betas or demos a person played of it first because they still can build upon it and make it better. The ones doubting it now will be the hypocrites later saying how much they like it.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I'm really looking forward to RE6, but...
halo4o.jpg

It's a little tiring to hear that argument being used so many times. Especially on the Halo Waypoint forums.
^ This x 100

The point of a Demo is to demonstrate to potential consumers...if the demo is weak and doesn't get your appetite going, then you are entitled to make a judgement on game via said demo.

Especially when you have bills to pay and food to put on the table :rolleyes:

The gaming industry is surely reaching saturation point.

last figures i saw, the industry was bigger than hollywood. Kinda tells you all you need to know.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hellboy...I know this has NEVER happened before...But for once...I AGREE with you...I understood what you meant in EVERY post and you were correct...I'm not even saying this as a Leon fan...I'm saying this because what you said made SENSE...You used LOGICAL points...Despite the spealling/grammar inaccuracies...

Top Bottom