• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Cameos from other games.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I was playing ORC this morning, and I was replaying the scenario Corruption - which takes place in City Hall. Well there's that part where you're trying to get to the next checkpoint and a zombie - singular - breaks through one of the nearby doors and attacks you and after you kill it, there's a little office that you can enter. There's really nothing in this office, no security cameras or data to collect, no anti-viral sprays or first aid sprays or anything cool like that but I just noticed that, behind the desk, there's a painting from Code Veronica. (The red haired man with the plate from the puzzle in the first mansion.)

This got me thinking and I was just wondering: has anyone else noticed little nods to other Resident Evil games in ORC?

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
In the level where you fight nikolai in the clocktower there is the piano and it plays moonlight sonata rebbeca plays it in resident evil 1

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Yeah, I have. In the mission Expendable during the cutscene where you see Leon, Clair, and the zombie in the back attacking. If you look closely at the guy driving the truck about to ram them it looks like the agitator majini from RE5. Google agitator majini then look at that cutscene

Redfield Fan 93

I Always come prepared.
Yeah, I have. In the mission Expendable during the cutscene where you see Leon, Clair, and the zombie in the back attacking. If you look closely at the guy driving the truck about to ram them it looks like the agitator majini from RE5. Google agitator majini then look at that cutscene

I was annoyed at that secen because i thought they didnt research it that well because it was a fat white bloke in the RE2 scene.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So they show Jill, Chris, and I'm guessing that other person was Barry since he was rumored to be included in this cameo...? I'm assuming Brad is already dead by this point and Rebecca is either dead as well or no longer in Raccoon City. (But if she wasn't in Raccoon City, wouldn't Nemesis still look for her as it has no way of knowing she's gone...? I mean Chris and Barry are gone as well, so I'm guessing this is a little hint that she died in Raccoon...?)

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
So they show Jill, Chris, and I'm guessing that other person was Barry since he was rumored to be included in this cameo...? I'm assuming Brad is already dead by this point and Rebecca is either dead as well or no longer in Raccoon City. (But if she wasn't in Raccoon City, wouldn't Nemesis still look for her as it has no way of knowing she's gone...? I mean Chris and Barry are gone as well, so I'm guessing this is a little hint that she died in Raccoon...?)
If i recall corectly i dont think she was involved in the raccon city incident

KKAAIIG

I heard a rumor that she was going to be in Resident Evil Damnation, maybe we'll find out where she has been all these years? :p

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
If i recall corectly i dont think she was involved in the raccon city incident
But Nemesis is set out to destroy the remaining S.T.A.R.S. members, correct? (Not S.T.A.R.S. in Raccoon specifically but living S.T.A.R.S. members.) Barry and Chris weren't involved either but they're included in that little intro now, aren't they? Now if Rebecca were alive, even if she weren't in Raccoon City - remember Chris was in Europe at the time - she'd be programmed into Nemesis' search now, wouldn't she? (As it would continue to search for her until it's programming was assured she was deceased.)

But she's not.

Only Chris, Barry and Jill are seen at the beginning of Gone Rogue. Since this game takes place before and during Resident Evil 2 and 3, I'm assuming that, by this time, Brad has already been killed - which is the reason he's not included in Nemesis' search. That fact alone would lead one to believe that Rebecca is deceased as well now, wouldn't it?

Nemesis' programming doesn't care who is involved in the incident, it's only concern is destroying the members of S.T.A.R.S. so, what with Chris and Barry not being involved as well, the only reason to omit her would be because she's no longer among the living.

Now I'm not saying she's dead for sure, she could very well be alive and they could have simply forgotten to include her in the game, but this look at Nemesis' programming makes it seem otherwise.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
But Nemesis is set out to destroy the remaining S.T.A.R.S. members, correct? (Not S.T.A.R.S. in Raccoon specifically but living S.T.A.R.S. members.) Barry and Chris weren't involved either but they're included in that little intro now, aren't they? Now if Rebecca were alive, even if she weren't in Raccoon City - remember Chris was in Europe at the time - she'd be programmed into Nemesis' search now, wouldn't she? (As it would continue to search for her until it's programming was assured she was deceased.)

But she's not.

Only Chris, Barry and Jill are seen at the beginning of Gone Rogue. Since this game takes place before and during Resident Evil 2 and 3, I'm assuming that, by this time, Brad has already been killed - which is the reason he's not included in Nemesis' search. That fact alone would lead one to believe that Rebecca is deceased as well now, wouldn't it?

Nemesis' programming doesn't care who is involved in the incident, it's only concern is destroying the members of S.T.A.R.S. so, what with Chris and Barry not being involved as well, the only reason to omit her would be because she's no longer among the living.

Now I'm not saying she's dead for sure, she could very well be alive and they could have simply forgotten to include her in the game, but this look at Nemesis' programming makes it seem otherwise.
Maybe she was the newest recruit and they didnt add her into the program because she wasent a threat for umbrella

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Maybe she was the newest recruit and they didnt add her into the program because she wasent a threat for umbrella
She blew up one of their facilities and aided in the destruction of another and she wasn't a threat? It seems highly unlikely that they would leave her out - especially since Birkin and Wesker were watching every move she and Billy made during Zero.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
She blew up one of their facilities and aided in the destruction of another and she wasn't a threat? It seems highly unlikely that they would leave her out - especially since Birkin and Wesker were watching every move she and Billy made during Zero.
Well i at least know she survived the incident because in re5 she is listed as one of the four stars members who is still alive

Top Bottom