• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bring back Jake Muller

Where would you like to bring back Jake in?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Resident Evil Revelation 3

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

NextGRE

Jake is dead. He was totally smashed by the Napads. He's only human, so I don't know what they were trying to do with that ending. RIP my dude.

Cure Zombrex

Being the son of Wesker, I doubt we've seen the last of him, or his aunt, Alex. But if he did return, it may be possible to do it in a spin off game that could indeed be Revelations 3 someday, but there's so many other characters, so it is hard to say. Although as of right now, I think Capcom needs to explain more about the whole 'Umbrella is blue and good' scenario a bit more in detail.

slack

I want them to use the remakes as a launchpad to re-write the series' history. Change everything past Code Veronica. No RE8 or REV3. Just 2nd draft the whole series. Keep Wesker alive, no Jake.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Not that I don't like Jake, but I don't care to see his character again... Or rather more accurately, I'm indifferent. I feel like his story was more or less complete at the end of 6 and so there is no real need to bring him back.

I would love to see slacks idea - that way not only would we see Albert Wesker in the RE engine, which I think will be awesome, but also they could rewrite what I felt was one of the biggest missteps in RE lore which was killing Albert Wesker.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I would only want to see him as a way to close the project W storyline and the only games currently where that could happen is the Revelations games since Alex Wesker (now in Natalia) is the last piece of that project still roaming around and since Jake has his own connection to Project W due to his father then It would be interesting to see the storyline come to a head with Jake finally meeting a surviving "family" member who knew his dad verry well with Alex Wesker.

Awebb

We're indeed short a Revelation game filling the gap between RE6 and RE7, but it seems Capcom wants to get rid of RE's past and "reimagine" it into a lore hodge podge that allows them to write stories without actually knowing their own franchise.

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

We're indeed short a Revelation game filling the gap between RE6 and RE7, but it seems Capcom wants to get rid of RE's past and "reimagine" it into a lore hodge podge that allows them to write stories without actually knowing their own franchise.
There s vendetta between re 6 and re 7,and there also the heavenly Island manga also... Re 2 remake and 3 remake tell the same story as they re original counterparts, nothing is actually changed, jill Carlos leon claire Sherry and ada all escaped the city who is destroyed by a nuclear missile... Same exact story whit just minor detail changing or alteration

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I get why some fans want Capcom to move past RE6 but Jake at least had more potential than any new character featured in RE7, and now look who’s rumored to return in the next installment...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
If they do end up with a Chris/Ethan campaign for RE8, then sure, bring back Jake too. He doesn't need to be a playable character. He can fill a Krauser/Ada type role where he is opposed to the players, but also in it for himself. Of course, I'd prefer for him to stay a good boy - but you can't trust someone with Wesker blood, can you?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Am I one of the only few die hards that liked Jake? Why not give him a more action oriented spin off game? Or make him a side character that is involved with the player in the story. I feel he has far too many important lore impacts to just ignore him. After all he is the son of Albert Wesker, and has a lot of potential for future stories. That doesn't mean he needs to star front and center of a core RE title.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Am I one of the only few die hards that liked Jake? Why not give him a more action oriented spin off game? Or make him a side character that is involved with the player in the story. I feel he has far too many important lore impacts to just ignore him. After all he is the son of Albert Wesker, and has a lot of potential for future stories. That doesn't mean he needs to star front and center of a core RE title.

They tried something like that. It became Devil May Cry.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
They tried something like that. It became Devil May Cry.

You're not wrong, but I think it would be really different. Jake is no where near on Dante's level. He's more Captain America level and a lot of his segments felt more like Uncharted than anything.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I feel like his super powers (for lack of a better term) make him unexciting as a playable character in the main series. I like Jake and his story, but the fact that he had a fist fight with the Ustanak shows that he is more of an action star than a horror star. And that would make him an even better adversary in my opinion. But I like the idea that he wants to be a good boy compared to his naughty daddy.

Did that come out right?

mert20004

I agree. I would like to see him as well.

I wished re7 featured him instead of random nobodies and " I'm redfield. " .

I dont think it's a good idea to ignore him; he contains antibodies against many variants of progenitor based viruses.

If joe can exist in re engine; so can jake.

Top Bottom