• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BlackLagoonFan

Jill

well guys i have made a fansite to the popular anime & manga black lagoon heres the url
BlackLagoonFan_Banner.png

http://blacklagoonfan.proboards.com/index.cgi

Jill

Godammlover;34680 said:
Go away with your advertising pl0x.
what are you going on about i have seen others talk about other sites here is it allowed here if not delete this post please

Godammlover

Your a dirty advertising piece of crap. :)
You were commenting like everyone to join another forum board, now your advertising your site?

My my.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Jill has like over 100+ posts tho
so its not like the dudes come an gone, he's stll an active member, plus its not like he's advertising another resi site, all im saying is... angel said if you ask for permission it can be granted, to advertise something.

I dont think Jill should be punnished. :D
but your funny goddamlover xD hahaha give me so much jokes "my my" XD XD

Godammlover

nonono.
Pablo got banned for advertising his site.
&
Jill did exactly what he did, so why can't we get rid of this nub too?

I r not funny

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
coz pablo only had like 1-2 posts =P I joined his site yanno man,
i check this place everyday still though lol :p i liek em both. pablo smokes weed though haha cant be bailing on a brother.

I dunno though up to you guys, but Jill is liek the one an only, no one else on this site is called Jill =P

Jill

Godammlover;34718 said:
Your a dirty advertising piece of crap. :)
You were commenting like everyone to join another forum board, now your advertising your site?

My my.

no need to call me crap man just cuz i was saying bout my fansite jeez

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
its a alright site as well, ive tryed making something on proboards
its alot harder then i thought lol

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Id like to own my own forum like this one, this has some kickass programming/coding whatevers been done, its sick.
i like the today posts thing keeps everyone updated with whats being posted its pretty awesome.
plus the options part is awesome too, those codes there are tricky haha

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Forum templates are a wonderful thing ;)

If you find coding difficult/time-consuimg/just a pain in the backside, then go for something which is virtually readymade and just requires updates, a few add-ons and some maintenance every now and again. Steve hand codes a lot of his sites for the sheer pleasure of it but it's really not always necessary as your basic forum software will come ready to go straight out of the box, as it were. Customising it might require some work but again you can find a lot of free themes, designs and templates to choose from just to start with if need be.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
cool, making forums is just like a much harder version of pimping out your "myspace" page haha!!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
And you can make it prettier than MySpace too - if you're going to learn about anything, take the time to learn about optimizing any site/forum so that when you do launch one, it actually appears in search results. For example, type in Fable 2 into Google and our fansite Projectego.net comes up 9th - that's taken some doing, to be honest, and all thanks to Steve optimizing it as much as possible. Sure, we might have to reduce the number of add-ons we apply but that's part of what makes us stupidly popular compared to another fansite that plies its members with everything they ask for and ends up collapsing or having little to no attention.

On our Fable site alone we get over 5,000 unique visitors every single day - and that's just an average. Some days it's well over 20,000. Forums take some time to look after and whatever, but they are worth it when you start getting mentioned in the credits of games, as we did with Fable 2's release.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
yeah myspace aint exactly hard haha :p but when you say about having it all premade an stuff you still gotta know how to put it all togeather right?
i tryed playing around on some proboards thing an i thought it was pretty complicated lol. but thats a free thing yano.

an nice one. that must feel pretty rewarding being put in the credits of a game like that. Ive never got into fable but its a pretty good game.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
We're also about 6th for Devil May Cry ;) - with a bit of luck this place will get higher up too. It was cool seeing our name in the credits, even if you do have to wait until the end :lol:

Freeboards are ok up to a point but basically it also means they can advertise on your site for their profit, not yours and you are limited in what you can do with them. You also get a crap URL or worse it costs an arm and a leg to buy one from them that isn't forty words long or whatever.

It's not hard to put a basic forum together - I've managed it on me own before and I am about as computer literate as a plastic traffic cone. Or something. But there are always people around to help with the more complex things and to advise you on what the best thing to do is if you get stuck. Trial and error tends to be how most people manage it and then once you've got the hang of things it gets easier, like with anything. Start with a free forum just for the practice and then when you have the money and the inclination, go for proper software and a domain name.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Thanks for the advice, your right about trial an error though haha you need a fast computer to handle the loading tie as well haha >.<

what are all the forums steve has made Resi Fable an DMC?

Top Bottom