• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Biohazard: The Beginning novella

Bran

Independent Film Director
Over the years I have been attempting to find out additional information regarding this rare novella. I've been the rough translations of it (mostly based on Resident Evil: The Book -- that pre-order bonus for the Saturn version) but to this day, no one has released an accurate translation.

Back in early 2000, I had printed out a translation that contained an additional scene where Chris goes to Rose (Billy's wife) and discovers that Rose's necklace was missing and Chris believes the necklace he found was planted by Umbrella to throw him off track. Rose then tells Chris that they have a cabin in Arklay Mountains.

I am not sure if this scene is officially in the Japanese version (and I lost my original copies from the internet containing the scene), but it would fill in a nice gap of logic to why Chris all of a sudden goes to a cabin in Chapter 6 not mentioned anywhere else in the book. I believe it was in Chapter 4 (which is also a short chapter).

The official artwork for the novella has an illustration of Chris holding Rose on her porch, which points to this scene existing.

Another inconsistency is that the official artwork for the novella shows what is clearly a Hunter standing over Chris, Jill, and an injured/dead Billy. But in the unofficial translations, there are only zombies that attack them at the cabin. What the heck is going on here?

Has anyone read the actual Japanese novel? I've been wanting for years to answer these questions, and find out what the real translation of the book is. Most of the newer translations are either in Spanish or Portuguese (neither I speak) and even then, I assume they are based on Resident Evil: The Book.

Top Bottom