• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Biohazard/Resident Evil Dash

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Has anyone else heard of this scrapped idea for a RE game?

Paragraph taken from another Forum

A semi-sequel to the original Resident Evil set months after the original game's storyline. Biohazard DASH would have placed Jill and Chris in the ruins of the Spencer mansion, as they set out to investigate a nearby zombie plant. Dash intended to use the same environment as the original but would feature new enemies, areas and weapons. Production of DASH was quickly cancelled in favor of Resident Evil 2, but it is believed that certain aspects of the game made it to Resident Evil: Director's Cut, as well as the Battle Mode featured in the Saturn version of Resident Evil.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I've never heard of it. From the description there I'm extremely pleased that they scrapped it. lol

kalani

Has anyone else heard of this scrapped idea for a RE game?

It was going to be the Sega Saturn sequel to resident evil. because the Saturn wasn't powerful enough to implement all the graphical features of re2 even with the 8mb ram cart. they decided to optimize the graphics of the first games and add new areas and enemies and weapons and elements from the resident evil 2 . I seen screen shots for it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah i've heard about that game in DYK gaming video and i gotta say out of all the cancelled RE games this is the one i'm glad was cancelled! we already had plant themed areas&monsters in RE 1&2.. we didn't need another rehashed RE 1 plant theme version.

Fenris

Wolf :)
In my opinion it would have been to soon to revisit the location. At that time Resident Evil needed to progress with the story so i'm glad they cancelled it. And I thought the whole "plant mutation" story was to bizarre for an RE game at that time.

However I like the idea of returning to the spencer mansion or the leftovers of Raccoon City. But by now Capcom did so many "mansion" levels in other RE games, that it probably wouldn't feel special anymore.

Top Bottom