• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Beginning sequence RE Village

RMDoine

Why oh why do they make you go through that boring trip from Ethan's house to the village every time you start another playthrough? It adds nothing to subsequent plays.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I mean, I agree. But I am not sure it is all that much of an issue. If you speed through it, it adds maybe 2 mins to your total run time and when you have trophies based on speed runs, every playthrough SHOULD have the same amount of content.

I do not mind being in Ethans house as much as that long, boring walk in the dark snow once you first get to the village portion. After 5 times through, that really annoyed me. haha

RMDoine

When I'm trying to beat the challenge of killing Uris (Spelling? ) during the first big enemy encounter or the challenge of killing 30 enemies during that encounter, it's annoying to have to go through the entire beginning sequence just to get to the challenge. I do recognize the validity of trying to beat your best times on the entire game. For any of the specific challenges, it would be nice to be able to start close to the event. For instance, you can get CP for completing a boss battle under a certain time. Playing a whole chapter just to get to the battle becomes tiring. Maybe it's just me, oh well.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I actually like exploring the homes of characters as it gives a little more backstory to who they are as individuals. It worked for Uncharted and I really liked getting to explore Jill’s apartment in REmake 3. But I get how this bit of the game would become annoying to some- especially for speed runs.

Frag Maniac

Because as said, if you speed through it by skipping cutscenes, it's only a couple minutes, which also serves as a decent calm before the Lycan raid storm. It's also not unlike the intro in RE7 before Mia goes into her rage attack, so it's stays with the theme of new RE.

It's called building suspense before the chaos, many good horror stories follow that formula.

RMDoine

I certainly respect your perspective. Although after finishing the game multiple times at different levels of difficulty, the opening sequences are useless to me. At that point they provide no utility and they delay me getting to completing remaining challenges. Whether it is a few minutes or several, I'm annoyed at the wait. If there is ultimately no benefit, why can't there be a way to skip the entire intro. I know to some my gripe is a nitpick but for me I tend to just go to other saved points so I can just get to playing rather than watching Rose get kidnapped or plodding through the under brush. To each his own, I guess. It is still overall a great game. I will admit that as a 72 year old playing video games, time waiting seems more important to me. Lol

Ikawaru

I think they fixed being required to go through the "Sewer Gators" segment in RE7 because last time I played, I simply hit the 'Stop' on the tape and I was allowed to pull the lever. Perhaps the opening segment you're talking about should have been a cutscene and the game starting when you're about to approach the VILLAGE. But what the Hell do I know?

RMDoine

I think they fixed being required to go through the "Sewer Gators" segment in RE7 because last time I played, I simply hit the 'Stop' on the tape and I was allowed to pull the lever. Perhaps the opening segment you're talking about should have been a cutscene and the game starting when you're about to approach the VILLAGE. But what the Hell do I know?
I like your idea!

Frag Maniac

I get what you're saying RM, yet I've seen tons of speedruns, even narrated ones, that don't fuss about the prologue not being a whopping cutscene. I also can't think of any games worth playing that DO use a huge cutscene as a prologue.

For the most part, the game has skippable cutscenes, including those in the prologue. They also keep short ones un-skippable for immersion, like when the huge vent fan comes flying off and soars over Ethan's head in the Factory area. To me, that's understandable.

Top Bottom