• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Been a Casual Fan since RE4

Resident Evil 7 or Resident Evil 5

• RE7

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • RE5

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

JakeTM

i’ve been a casual fan since resident evil 4 but have been blasting thru the games with repeated runs since January.Oddly enough the game that really got me was RE7. I do really enjoy re2 remake and have already beaten re3remake on nightmare (kinda disappointed but still a blast) Finally got around to REmake and just finished Jills Easy(that’s how i found this forum) While i get that it was easy with health/ammo it didn’t feel easy from a gameplay perspective since i’ve never used tank controls/fixed camera angles. Was a lot of fun though and already launched up Chris :)

messing around with a poll

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Welcome.

I prefer RE7 to RE5. I liked the 1st person perspective, it was more horror than action unlike RE5, the monsters and environment seemed more threatening. The story was better (although it wasn't great) and I loved all the Evil Dead references, being a huge Bruce Campbell fan. Basically everything about RE7 was better in my opinion except for the extras. I'll take Mercs over a birthday party any day.

D

Deleted member 21244

i’ve been a casual fan since resident evil 4 but have been blasting thru the games with repeated runs since January.Oddly enough the game that really got me was RE7. I do really enjoy re2 remake and have already beaten re3remake on nightmare (kinda disappointed but still a blast) Finally got around to REmake and just finished Jills Easy(that’s how i found this forum) While i get that it was easy with health/ammo it didn’t feel easy from a gameplay perspective since i’ve never used tank controls/fixed camera angles. Was a lot of fun though and already launched up Chris :)

messing around with a poll
I like both game, both of them are good whit some flaws, re 7 is probably better, but i prefer re 5 because it was the game i was waiting for years, the sequel to code veronica story and Chris and wesker final showdown , i remember watching the trailers for hour sometime XD

Too bad the game didn't live to the hype, it was still a good game nonetheless

Last edited by a moderator:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Welcome!

I can't speak for which game is better because I haven't played RE7 due to the first person camera angle. (I have really bad headaches and first person kinda messes with my head a bit. I have to be careful what games I play and how long I play.)

I did like RE5 more than I thought I would, though it's definitely a departure from the core series gameplay wise. I've seen some videos of RE7 and it looks scary but I'm not sure how much I like them moving away from the characters and story we've had for years.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Mr.R

Welcome!

I do like both games (I do like 99% of the games in the RE world anyway, in a sense) but they're both far from my preferred ones.

I do prefer RE5 though. I never had anything against the actionized RE's and even though on my opinion, 5 is leagues away from 4 and even 6 on the "fun" department, but I still find 5 more fun to play than 7, especially if you're playing with another human player.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Welcome Stranger! What are you buying? Aside from in to some Chris action in REmake.

Feel free to share your thoughts on all the games. Love to hear new perspectives.

I picked RE7 for this poll even though they are probably about equal for me. RE7 was just so fresh and scary compared to the other games in the series. Sure, I didn't love being in first person, but I thought that the first two acts of RE7 were so good that it made up for the perspective. The final act of the game is not too great, but still solid.

Top Bottom