• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Beat remake the other day and I believe I had a bad time.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
It was my first time beating it and I had a time of 10:26:59. Is that good for a first time through this version or no?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
for a first playthrough and not knowing the game i think it's okay.
i've speed run through the game and clocked it in about 1 hour 30, i can't remember the exact time's but there is a thread on it here somewhere.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
for a first playthrough and not knowing the game i think it's okay.
i've speed run through the game and clocked it in about 1 hour 30, i can't remember the exact time's but there is a thread on it here somewhere.

1 hour 30? WOW! I think my best time is about 7 hours lol (I like to pick up everything to make the whole map green)

aintnoscrub

Premium
1 hour 30? WOW! I think my best time is about 7 hours lol (I like to pick up everything to make the whole map green)
to be fair i mastered the game and the quickest routes, and had to get the bad ending to make that time possible and studies walkthroughs to get tips for the quickest times.
i think the best is about 1.26.
i did the same for resi 1,2 and 3.
i don't think the thread exists still, but wolfgirl used to set up challenges for speed runs.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
to be fair i mastered the game and the quickest routes, and had to get the bad ending to make that time possible and studies walkthroughs to get tips for the quickest times.
i think the best is about 1.26.
i did the same for resi 1,2 and 3.
i don't think the thread exists still, but wolfgirl used to set up challenges for speed runs.
I never could handle speed runs...I'm too much of a perfectionist...Plus, you have to skip cutscenes to do so...I can't do that...

aintnoscrub

Premium
I never could handle speed runs...I'm too much of a perfectionist...Plus, you have to skip cutscenes to do so...I can't do that...

you even skip the last tyrant fight if you play it out in the right way, literally no tyrant fight on the helipad, just grab the flare launcher, launch it and game over.
but it's no fun playing speed runs, i just did them to get a recorded time. and doing speed runs mean you get the crappest endings, for example, playing as jill, only she survives, because you have to avoid/skip all the major sequences to get everyone out alive.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
you even skip the last tyrant fight if you play it out in the right way, literally no tyrant fight on the helipad, just grab the flare launcher, launch it and game over.
but it's no fun playing speed runs, i just did them to get a recorded time. and doing speed runs mean you get the crappest endings, for example, playing as jill, only she survives, because you have to avoid/skip all the major sequences to get everyone out alive.
Ya, so I heard...And that would suck...Why can't Barry live? I mean...You can either shoot or save him...

aintnoscrub

Premium
Ya, so I heard...And that would suck...Why can't Barry live? I mean...You can either shoot or save him...
i may be wrong on this, because it has been about 4 years since i played remake. but i think saving barry results in the end tyrant fight. so i think you need to go to the worst possible ending to skip the tyrant fight, which means barry dies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i may be wrong on this, because it has been about 4 years since i played remake. but i think saving barry results in the end tyrant fight. so i think you need to go to the worst possible ending to skip the tyrant fight, which means barry dies.
That makes sense...I've never done it, but I watched my buddy Clay play through that way...So I bet you're right...

bruno

Chief Researcher
It was my first time beating it and I had a time of 10:26:59. Is that good for a first time through this version or no?
Whem I played first, I already knew most of the game from watching playthroughs, so I beat it in around 5-6 hours. However, for someone who didn't know everything already, I think that is not a bad time. I bet you spent hours and hours trying to figue out what to do next or something...

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
^Yea, like, near the end, after I got the second stone & Metal emblem thing, I didn't think I could go back and get the other one out, I had even forgot it was their for a while.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Sure, that's an ok time. Considering how challenging the REmake can be at times. Crimson Heads FTW!

Unlock all the extra costumes and stuff, they're nice. If you play on at least Normal, you'll get other stuff too. Invisible Enemy Mode, and a Real Survivial Mode...dare you to try those. Invisible Hunters. Not to mention having your item boxes not connected in Real Survival, as well as not being able to lock onto enemies. Good luck.

PhobosDiablo

10 hours isn't that bad if you don't know the game whatsoever.
I played through the remake like over a dozen times and was at one point able to speed-run it at about 01:30.00h ;)
If you do that, however, you miss out on a lot of game-features (doesn't matter for instance if you burn zombies or not, they'll be gone anyways by the time the hunters are all around the mansion).
So don't sweat it ;) as long as you enjoyed the game...

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Helll with speed runs... ALWAYS save Barry!!!:)

Top Bottom