• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Artwork/idea for a Dino Crisis reboot

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yeah, I know there's a separate forum for RE-related artwork, but since there's no forum for non-RE fan art, I thought I'd make a thread for it here.

I've been working hard on a conceptualization for a reboot of Dino Crisis as part of a fan project. For those of you not in the know (and I don't see how you possibly couldn't be in these parts), it's basically Resident Evil with dinosaurs. The first 2 games were incredible, especially the first. With Survival-Horror making a comeback, boasting such hits as The Last of Us, Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within and now Resident Evil 2 being remade from the ground-up and Jurassic World being the mega hit it was in theaters, now would be as good a time as any to reboot the franchise. Strike the iron while it's hot, baby.

I have a couple pieces of fan art for my DC fan reboot: the first is the game cover art I made in Paint.NET, and the second is a scan of my own fan-made redesign of Regina, the red-headed badass chick from the first 2 games. I gave her a nice makeover in XNA Lara for the sake of this fan reboot of mine similar to Lara's makeover for the 2013 TReboot.

Cover art:
DCReboot.jpg

Regina redesign:
DCRegina.jpg~original

(yes, I RE5'ed her)

Also a submission outlining my game concept idea. It's still a WIP, but I've got the basics of it down at least.
So whadd'ya think of my Regina redesign? How many of you men would "tap that"? :suggestive:

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'd been super into tapping that for years. ;)

I've got to be honest in that I prefer Regina's original design (esp in DC 2) - I think she's stunning enough as is but this is good work and I thank you for sharing. :)

mjk321

I support any idea for a dino crisis reboot, as long as it has the same atmosphere as the first 2 games.

that Regina redesign is good, but as @La Femme Fatale said, I prefer Regina's DC2(or 1)'s design :)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I had a chance to skim through your game idea submission, and just out of curiosity, why is this 'Dr. Izzo' character credited for creating the Third Energy and not Dr. Kirk?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Both full player campaigns are now up on my game idea page.

I like the idea of there being two separate campaigns, each with different levels and dinosaurs you encounter, it would really go a long way in keeping the game fresh/replayable IMO. I also had the clever idea of throwing in an unlockable VR mode (compatible with either the PSVR or XB1 Oculus headset), plus mini-games, including Dino Battle from DC2 and a DC-equivalent of Raid Mode and online modes on top of that. That would keep the game replayable for years to come IMO.

Seriously, a new Dino Crisis sounds like it was tailor-made for the PSVR and Oculus headsets. I could only imagine the sense of dread I'd feel being chased from behind by Velociraptors (or, God forbid, a T-Rex) in VR as I'm playing!

This DC reboot idea, the way I envision it, would be scary as **** in VR. It would basically be Alien: Isolation with dinosaurs.

I also threw in a new feature where, during dino boss battles, you can latch onto the back of their neck and pierce their skull with a knife with Regina or choke em out with a garrote wire with the other character (Matt, a new character I created), that would also look f'ing cool in VR (either console), especially with a motion controller. :happy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom