• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Are "Fog" and "Hookman" completely different versions or part of the same game ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't get why people call it like that i thought it was just the same game in beta process only difference i noticed was that Leon's face looked very different in Fog trailer.

The "Fog" version was a cinematic trailer and "hookamn" was the gameplay trailer and they both had the same type of classic gameplay except you could switch to over the shoulder in hookman version.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
What are you going on about? different versions?

It was the Re4 Beta that had 'Fog' and Hookman but those were enemies.

Re4 was later revised and what got the current Re4.

UmbrellaFella

Master of Unlocking
From what I know the fog was 1 beta of RE4, and the Hookman was another that also included the fog but I could be wrong. Check out the resident evil wiki and go to Resident Evil 3.5 for more info.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Actually i think i've figured this out the final RE4 was already made and RE3.5 was just a last ditch effort on making it a horror game.. which they thought was "too paranormal"

I don't even think they "Scrapped" everything instead they re-used the mechanics and changed the tone of the game.

There was also another "Resident evil 3" which was never shown to public because it was scrapped due to PS2's release indicating that it may have been a conclusive game.

There was no "Resident evil 3" it was just supposed to be a small spin-off called "RE:nemesis" just like code veronica.... so we never even got a full fledged RE3 let alone RE4 >_>

YKYMrFalcon

Uncultured Swine
Slowpoke here, but I was always under the impression that the whole hookman scenario was supposed to be part of the infection on Leon. Like, making him trip real balls. But yeah, ultimately scrapped because it was too paranormal, or so sources claim. Oh well.

Top Bottom