• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else having trouble logging in to the forum the last 2 days (2/7/23-2/8/23)?

Frag Maniac

I can't login anymore using Chrome, no matter which login tab I use or whether my VPN is disabled or not. I was only able to login via Epic Privacy Browser, which is Chrome based but with Google's data tracking removed. I have no malware problems either, as I've done scans with CCleaner, Glary Utilities, Malwarebytes, and TDSSKiller. I also tried updating Chrome and clearing cookies, and the problem persists. Sometimes the problem happens even using the middle login tab in Epic Privacy Browser, and I have to refresh the page to make it work.

I get this error message...

VhHikRr.jpg

OK, tried the refresh trick with Chrome, which didn't work at first, but after doing it twice this time, it worked, even with my VPN enabled. This has never happened before though, so I have to wonder if something's up.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've had issues in the past with logging in and, a lot of times, it's asking me to accept cookies again for whatever reason. Won't allow me to log in until cookies have been accepted.

Not sure if it's related but this was around the same time that the forum started telling me I was using an out of date browser. I have the most updated version of Chrome available in the play store but it still says that.

Glad you were able to get back on though.

Ikawaru

I did have some issues but I just assumed that it was because they are updating the website again because I did see Steve logged in when it was happening.

I'm a Firefox user with tons of security extensions and a VPN but I'm not having problems logging in now but I think their might be some lingering bugs because I still can't use a few features. Hopefully Steve or another website architect can clear this up.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Haven't had trouble logging in but I was trying to make a thread the other day and it wouldn't let me for sh*t either.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Turo602 Yesterday I couldn't post at all or create a new thread. I was able to update my status though, which is weird.

Had the same issue earlier but then finally tried on the desktop. Seems to only happen on mobile.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Even though I'm able to login by now, I'm still getting recurring "security error" messages while trying to post replies. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it's quite annoying.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Apologies all, this whole thing has been due to a database migration. I didn't realise it was misbehaving to this extent as during my testing there were only a few hiccups.

I've performed some database tweaks over the past few days and it seems to have fixed most (all?) issues but typically a hard page refresh will fix the remaining issues (I hope!).

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

Apologies all, this whole thing has been due to a database migration. I didn't realise it was misbehaving to this extent as during my testing there were only a few hiccups.

I've performed some database tweaks over the past few days and it seems to have AVE fixed most (all?) issues but typically a hard page refresh will fix the remaining issues (I hope!).

Thanks for clarifying Steve, and all your hard work. (y)

EvanCopeland

I've had issues in the past with logging in and, a lot of times, it's asking me to accept cookies again for whatever reason. Won't allow me to log in until cookies have been accepted.

Not sure if it's related but this was around the same time that the forum started telling me I was using an out of date browser. I have the most updated version of Chrome available in the play store but it still says that.

Glad you were able to get back on though.
It sounds like you might be experiencing some technical difficulties with the website's login process and cookie acceptance. Sometimes clearing your browser's cache and cookies can help resolve login issues. As for the outdated browser message, it's possible that the website is not recognizing the latest version of Chrome on your device, or there could be an issue with the website itself. You may want to try accessing the website from a different browser or device to see if the issue persists. If the problem continues, you can contact the website's support team for further assistance.

Top Bottom