• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Anyone else feeling a bit negative concerning RE7?

black 93

Ok, people may take this the wrong and think im talking about how RE7 will turn out when it does arrive but im not. Im just talking about the complete lack of anything concrete from capcom. Maybe this is a mixture of a complete lack of RE7 at e3 (again) and the fact that capcom seem more interested in remasters and re-releases now (which they have said themselves and not just RE, but mega man and devil may cry) combined with the fact that they has said absoloutly NOTHING about an RE7. Im just seriously starting to think that capcom havent even started RE7 yet. Before anybody freaks out lets look at the facts. Last year capcom were pretty damn broke, their JUST starting to recover from that, hence the remasters. They made us revelations 2 which while it was a good game was clearly made with a budget, so realistically, could they make Rev 2, RE7 AND remaster 2 games all at the same time? Il admit iv been swept up in all the hype especially with e3 thinking maybe they'll hint at it, but now thats over and im thinking a bit more realistically, im starting to think capcom arent showing anything because theres nothing to show. I mean think about it, RE5 was announced in 2005, and didnt come out till 2009, RE6 was announced a good while before it hit. REV 2 was announced a good chunk of a year before it. Capcom have said absoloutly nothing concerning this game, EVERYTHING we know about it is pure speculation. This is just my opinion and im not saying RE7 isnt coming, i just think we all should find something else to play for a while and not get our hopes up at the minute.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
MRX_TESTS_600x800_0002_LOVE.png

Sincerely,
Capcom's Marketing Department

black 93

Im talking details, like what characters it will feature, what the story will be about, what the tone of the games gunna be, (they said horror, but they've been saying that since 5), when to expect it etc. They said we'd all love 6, and it became the most polarizing numbered title they've ever made. I just wish capcom would say something about it, even if its a while away yet (which im perfectly fine with). These remasters and revelations are all good, but it would be nice to know where the main series is actually headed from capcom themselves and not some website spreading rumours. I know RE6 was only 3 years ago but it seems way more than that to me

Airaku

Stray Jedi
They definitely started on the series. From what I have heard the game started it's development before the release of RE6 and has been in development ever since. Much like RE4 they kept going back to the drawing board and changing things up and redesigning the game. Project Kitchen may have been an offshoot from this. I've said it a few times but I think it's going to be a soft reboot and I have some good theories about what the setting will be like and who the protagonist will be. I posted it on other sites and I think I may post it on here sometime in the next couple days. It was my speculation for an E3 reveal but I'm such a fool to think it would be revealed at E3. A Resident Evil game making it's debut reveal at E3?! HAAA That's a funny joke, absolutely hilarious. That just DOESN'T happen. I'm willing to bet that we will probably see the game at TGS and Resident Evil games are always revealed at TGS!

I think RE7 is going to be a real treat and that we will love it! I think it's going to blow some minds away and it's going to be DRASTICALLY different and something no one will expect. Also NO I do NOT think that this will be the last game in the series. Resident Evil Revelations 3 has already been confirmed by the devs and they are looking into what fans want. It sounds like Rebecca Chambers may be one of the main characters in it. As for RE7, if my theory is correct it'll be a more focused story on a single character and which would make it highly unlikely that it would end the series. I will dig more into this at a later date. I promise :) That being said there may be some parts where you play as other characters and witness consequences. Over all I think it might be a solo adventure.... but at the same time with the expectations of co-op play.... I don't know. I'm actually stumped at the last part and I cannot offer anything concrete in terms of speculation.

If it is NOT getting the rumored October 25th release date. Then I hope they tease us with some crazy mind****! Kind of like how MGS: The Phantom Pain was revealed. Make us think it's something else that it's not. It'll be pretty funny imo considering the game may be so different many fans may not recognize it. I think that gives for some pretty epic trolling and will prove the game will offer a breath of fresh air! Not to mention it would be very fitting given which direction the series may go. =)

black 93

I think revelations is where their gunna show the classic characters the most attention, dont get me wrong the main series will of course feature jill, chris, leon etc, but characters that havent had an appereance for years like claire barry rebecca etc will be shown more love in revelations. Not saying they'll never appear in the main series but capcom have said many times that the main series is gunna be experimenting, and revs gunna have the "classic" feel. Plus capcom are gunna need new people whether we want it or not, cause at this rate before long chris and leon are gunna be on zimmerframes lol

Airaku

Stray Jedi
"Not saying they'll never appear in the main series but capcom have said many times that the main series is gunna be experimenting, and revs gunna have the "classic" feel"

What you said right there is absolutely 100% correct. They want to innovate with main series and the Revelation games are directed to the hard-core fans. They don't hold your hands or waste anytime explaining things to the player and are filled with jokes that you won't get if you haven't played the other games. It's been so long that a lot of them even went over my head and then in my second play through I was like haaaa.

A lot of fans demand to know what happened to Billy Coen and what Rebecca is up to. Capcom said they are paying attention to what fans want so we got to be vocal about it and they will notice :p Or they can hire me because I have a brilliant idea regarding those characters! XD It would totally fit in to the lore and cause a people say WTF at least a dozen or so times XD

As far as RE7 goes. Yes I am very optimistic and yes I have faith. I just hope Capcom doesn't kill some of the moments with ****ty dialogue because I feel we are at a point in the lore where a dark, gritty, and serious story needs to be told. It needs to be more focus, not simpler, just focused. There also needs to be consequences and potentially a death of a major character to break the hearts of the hard-core fans. Dark times are coming and the aftermath of RE6 isn't pretty at all. I think we are going to see more focus on the younger generation of characters and the older generation of characters are going to be helping or supporting. That doesn't mean Leon, Chris, or Jill are putting down their guns either. We may even see a potential pair ups like Chris/Jake, Leon/Sherry, Jill/Moira. The last one doesn't make sense but the first one would be intense and the middle one makes perfect sense. Though I still have reason to believe RE7 will be more focused on a single protagonist and I am confidante that we won't be playing as too many characters that contain separate campaigns that cross over. Capcom already said that they will NOT repeat RE6.

Out of curiosity, who do you think will be the main protagonist if it's a solo act? Or just in general. I'll reveal mine when I post my speculation from E3 2015.... *facepalm* Now it's more like TGS XD I think it's something that they have been setting up big time, but that's just my opinion. XD

black 93

"Not saying they'll never appear in the main series but capcom have said many times that the main series is gunna be experimenting, and revs gunna have the "classic" feel"

What you said right there is absolutely 100% correct. They want to innovate with main series and the Revelation games are directed to the hard-core fans. They don't hold your hands or waste anytime explaining things to the player and are filled with jokes that you won't get if you haven't played the other games. It's been so long that a lot of them even went over my head and then in my second play through I was like haaaa.

A lot of fans demand to know what happened to Billy Coen and what Rebecca is up to. Capcom said they are paying attention to what fans want so we got to be vocal about it and they will notice :p Or they can hire me because I have a brilliant idea regarding those characters! XD It would totally fit in to the lore and cause a people say WTF at least a dozen or so times XD

As far as RE7 goes. Yes I am very optimistic and yes I have faith. I just hope Capcom doesn't kill some of the moments with ****ty dialogue because I feel we are at a point in the lore where a dark, gritty, and serious story needs to be told. It needs to be more focus, not simpler, just focused. There also needs to be consequences and potentially a death of a major character to break the hearts of the hard-core fans. Dark times are coming and the aftermath of RE6 isn't pretty at all. I think we are going to see more focus on the younger generation of characters and the older generation of characters are going to be helping or supporting. That doesn't mean Leon, Chris, or Jill are putting down their guns either. We may even see a potential pair ups like Chris/Jake, Leon/Sherry, Jill/Moira. The last one doesn't make sense but the first one would be intense and the middle one makes perfect sense. Though I still have reason to believe RE7 will be more focused on a single protagonist and I am confidante that we won't be playing as too many characters that contain separate campaigns that cross over. Capcom already said that they will NOT repeat RE6.

Out of curiosity, who do you think will be the main protagonist if it's a solo act? Or just in general. I'll reveal mine when I post my speculation from E3 2015.... *facepalm* Now it's more like TGS XD I think it's something that they have been setting up big time, but that's just my opinion. XD
yea i think its time for a darker story and HELL YES iv been saying a main character should die for a while now. Personally i think their gunna do something with jill for 7. Fans were saying the main ones they wanted back were claire barry and jill. Especially with what happened with jill in 5. Plus shes the only one that hasnt had a cononical appereance since 2005 with revelations 1( where the player controls her i mean)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Airaku, where did you hear that Revelations 3 was confirmed? :)

I really doubt that it'll be an October 25th release. I think that they'd want more time to advertise the game than that and run some kind of advertising campaign like they did with 5 and 6. Though that's just my thoughts. There could very well be a TGS reveal but it's not forced to be revealed there - 6 wasn't.

As for the thread topic - I am a little concerned that we've barely heard anything about 7 apart from general stuff like 'it'll be great' and 'it'll blow our minds'. The lack of anything concrete makes me wonder how far along it is. They surely they must have something by now, though, but we literally know nothing about it. I'm hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised. All I know is that I personally don't want another game like 6, though I fully understand that some people really liked 6 and wouldn't mind if it was like that again.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
yea i think its time for a darker story and HELL YES iv been saying a main character should die for a while now. Personally i think their gunna do something with jill for 7. Fans were saying the main ones they wanted back were claire barry and jill. Especially with what happened with jill in 5. Plus shes the only one that hasnt had a cononical appereance since 2005 with revelations 1( where the player controls her i mean)

I fully agree with you that a main character needs to die. There are a few that makes sense, and unfortunately Chris Redfield makes the most sense. He is loyal and noble to a fault. He believes in justice and protection of others. Everyone he cares about is either dies or gets screwed over hard. He doesn't like having partners for a reason and he went from a field agent to a squad leader to teach and help others. He always puts himself in the line of danger FIRST just like he did in RE6 as he took rear position with Piers to make sure everyone was safe from the B.O.W's who were chasing his squad. Then the most unfortunate thing happened and his squad was ambushed and he only lived because he wanted to take the fall if worse came to worse and make sure no one died under his command. This is why he became broken mentally and became a drunk. Then lets top it off with him trying to let his best friend and closet person to him, Piers take the escape pod and live. Piers of course threw him in and pod to save Chris's life and honoring his promise to Claire. (I know that last bit was added later, but it doesn't change any of the facts) At this point Chris most likely feels like a complete failure and he is probably broken inside beyond belief. I can see him mentoring Jake if they ever come to terms. Though in the end I see him as the most likely to die.

Hmmm as for Jill.... She's definitely one, if not my favorite but I'm not convinced it'll be her. Maybe in RE8 along with Leon. That would be an interesting pair and Leon will definitely most likely have a major role in 8. Every even numbered title has stared Leon. RE 2, 4, and 6 had Leon taking a forefront role. The odd numbers are often shared and in many cases part of the Wesker saga (CVX (technically it was originally meant to be 4 but it wasn't XD) rather than 3). I hope we see Jill soon but I have a feeling it won't be 7.

I've heard a few rumors regarding RE7. Most which are bull**** and fan dreams, but there are two that makes sense. The Albert Wesker returning to fight Jake and enact revenge on Chris is probably BS as cool as it sounds. NO ALICE NOR THE MOVIES WILL BE PART OF THE GAMES... **** that rumor, I ****ing hate those movies with a passion. Lastly the whole "The War Ends Now" rumored tag line and logo is most likely fake (really a 7 based on the RE6 logo and made of Uroboros? Get original XD). I think it'll either be the more focused, yet portray new concepts and be more or less a soft reboot that will allow Capcom to create an acid trip of horror and potentially the scariest RE to date.

One of the rumors is the cast returning to Racoon City. This one has Jill, Chris, Leon, and Claire all returning to the roots of the series. It's supposedly going to start out with each character being in a different starting area. After about 20 minutes or so the game is the same for all the characters and they work together and it has co-op. You probably heard of it but heres a link: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=237363 There are a few reasons why I think it's BS.

The other rumor, the one I think is the most likely and Capcom has thrown hints that only make it more credible, with the addition that the information can't be found anywhere and it was published by a gaming news outlet in 2013. They stated some rumors such as no co-op, a new (not really) single protagonist (female), a much more focused in story and characters, survival horror is back, Capcom is playing with the idea of no guns but other means to survive and fight monsters (big one), more paranormal in the vain of silent hill (this is possible for a few reasons) It might be like an earlier build of RE4 with the dolls and hookman who comes out of the paintings. Hallucinations are definitely a possibility. Unfortunately I can't find a link as it's gone and I apologise if these "claims" seem like to much or out of this world. I just get a feeling it might have some legitimately based on quotes and concepts Capcom has said or presented.

I do have my own theories that applies to some of the above and why I think Capcom may very well be going in this direction and why the series desperately needs a game that sticks out while remaining canonical. I said I will post my prediction and theory as soon as I can. Hopefully tomorrow night or Wednesday night. If not then be the end of the week :) I promise I'm not trying to build it up or make you wait. I do hope you enjoy the read though ^.^

It also has my theory of who the protagonist will be. You can defiantly rule out Leon (its not an even number), Chris, and Jill from my theory. Would be nice to see Sherry and Jake get a few moments. Feel free to **** talk that idea but personally I think Sherry will have a major role because of her "condition" (maybe not in 7) and we will see a huge shift to the newer generation of heroes, while the older heroes we all know and love will still have a major role and prominent and important influence and still be playable :) That's my two cents ;)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Airaku, where did you hear that Revelations 3 was confirmed? :)

I really doubt that it'll be an October 25th release. I think that they'd want more time to advertise the game than that and run some kind of advertising campaign like they did with 5 and 6. Though that's just my thoughts. There could very well be a TGS reveal but it's not forced to be revealed there - 6 wasn't.

As for the thread topic - I am a little concerned that we've barely heard anything about 7 apart from general stuff like 'it'll be great' and 'it'll blow our minds'. The lack of anything concrete makes me wonder how far along it is. They surely they must have something by now, though, but we literally know nothing about it. I'm hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised. All I know is that I personally don't want another game like 6, though I fully understand that some people really liked 6 and wouldn't mind if it was like that again.

I spent a good while trying to find that interview. Unfortunately I have read so many recent developer interviews that I lost track of what is what and who said what. I should have probably used the words "basically confirmed" and now I feel like a complete tool and a jackass who can't back my **** up because I can't remember where I found it and I can't find it on Google XD Basically he made it sound like there will be a Revelations 3 at some point and Capcom is paying attention to what fans want. The Revelation games are directed towards the hardcore fans and he mentioned that there is an interest by fans regarding what is up with Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen these days. So putting 2 and 2 together it would sound like Capcom is playing with the idea of revisiting at least one of those characters in Revelations 3. Perhaps both of them and they cross paths again some how.

To be honest a few years ago and again recently I actually designed a story with those characters. Also a setting and game play mechanics. I ironically the story seems to fit more and more as the series went on. I fantasied about this shortly after RE5 and thought hey! This would be cool for a future game. Oh and yes I had a few major plot twists and at least one of those characters (if not both) would die :'( The two of them are separated and think the other is dead and they both legally changed their names in order to escape Umbrella and live happy lives off the radar. This makes sense especially for Billy. The characters would visit many of the same areas and the players would never know that until way later in the game. Also there is a huge twist regarding a B.O.W. that is fully conscious and controlled by a human who have no idea that he/she is a B.O.W. Rather he/she thinks they are a hero who is fighting off B.OW.'s in the service to protect others who are in need of defense. Someone who has suffered a great loss to bioterrorism and the loss of his/her home and family.
I don't know, but I think it's a really interesting concept and I would love to work on an RE game once I get my game development diploma :)

Didn't RE6 have it's first teaser trailer at TGS or online? TGS has been dead as **** for the last 5 or so years and this year marks it's first big comeback from my understanding. I know RE6's first major reveal was at Microsoft's 2012 E3 press conference.

I'm not worried at all for 7. I just got his gut feeling saying it's going to be awesome. I'm pretty sure it was stated that the game started development before the release (not creation) of RE6. Capcom had 3 RE games realised that year and wanted to make the game an annual franchise like Assassin's Creed or CoD. This, thankfully never happened and the negative reception of RE6 by many fans have caused Capcom to go back the drawing board and rethink their priorities. I am so glad that they are taking their real fans seriously and want to appeal to their long time and hardcore (new or old) fans alike. I think RE7 is going through the development hell of multiple irritations like RE4 did. I think they will show off the game once they feel it's ready. If it does come out this year it is possible that Capcom want's to keep a tight lid on the new style, story, characters, setting, and prevent any leaks. As for coming out this fall anything is possible with Capcom. This was posted by superdata a while ago http://segmentnext.com/2015/03/26/superdata-thinks-theres-a-new-resident-evil-game-coming-this-year/ but of course take it with a grain of salt. It is possible that it is true or I am just being too hopeful. We didn't see it at E3 but we still have Gamescom, Paris show, and TGS. Capcom may even already have a huge marketing plan that is ready to be steamrolled out on the day of its announcement. There are plenty of opportunities to show the game. On a separate note it's possible that the game may be a console exclusive. That last bit should be taken with a major grain of salt. However I won't deny that most of the exclusive RE games tend to the best and takes advantage of the console it's on. Even if it gets a port to a another platform in the future. I want an amazing experience, great story and cast, and fantastic gameplay. I would easily buy another platform for an RE game if it takes advantage of the console in a good way to enhance the game itself! That may just be my opinion though. =)

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Personally i think their gunna do something with jill for 7. Fans were saying the main ones they wanted back were claire barry and jill. Especially with what happened with jill in 5. Plus shes the only one that hasnt had a cononical appereance since 2005 with revelations 1( where the player controls her i mean)
I hope to see Jill in RE7 again. I'm dying to get some answers on her :) We haven't seen her since 2009 actually (RE5). Remember? she's a blonde now xD So far we have seen Chris, Leon, Ada in RE6 and yes even Claire (Good ending Revelations 2), but Jill? Nope. No sign of her. We only know that Jill is rehab now, but nothing else. I want to know how she copes her traumatic experience with being Wesker's slave for 3 years. I also want to know what happened between her and Chris. You know, he put a lot of effort to save her in RE5, but then in RE6... There was nothing on her. No mention of her, no file, absolutely nothing, like she never even existed...

I think they should tie up some loose ends with her. Plus Jill usually appears in odd numbered titles (RE1,RE3,RE5 and maybe RE7?) thats what I noticed at least.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
My only concern about resi 7 is that the game will have co-op again. Just please make it single player game Capcom.

It'll be pretty funny imo considering the game may be so different many fans may not recognize it. I think that gives for some pretty epic trolling and will prove the game will offer a breath of fresh air! Not to mention it would be very fitting given which direction the series may go. =)
Silent Hills was exactly like that.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Everyone under the sun is "feeling a bit negative" about RE7. Besides the hardcore fanboys who refuse to accept any faults in the Resident Evil series.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
My only concern about resi 7 is that the game will have co-op again. Just please make it single player game Capcom.

Silent Hills was exactly like that.

Yes but I am just referring to the trailer. It'll probably say what it is at the end. I don't see Capcom doing a playable trailer. Then again Silent Hills was so successful that they just might. I don't see it though.

In one of my later replies I elaborated on why I think RE7 might have a Silent Hill feel to it. I plan to go into this in the future. It could just be a pipe dream based on a few rumors that has my head spinning because of a few things Capcom has said or recently done. It's definitely got me going "hmmm this might be a leak". It actually makes sense unlike every other BS RE7 rumor and ironically I can't find a single trace of it on the internet anymore...... Something that is actually ****ing me off because I want to post it and I wanted to use it in my article I did pre-E3 to further my RE7 prediction article. I'm think I might post it on here in the near future. My goal is to do so this weekend.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm a hardcore fangirl that knows the series is perfect. I don't just refuse. xD

I couldn't have said it better! I was about to say something like this but I am so glad someone else beat me to it! :3

I will admit there are some parts where characters say the dumbest things and it could have been worded much better. Or certain events could have unfolded in a far more epic way. This might just be my imagination and the plot writer in me. The series is getting darker these days and it may be time for a character we all know and love to meet a very tragic fate. I'm sure this will **** many fans including myself off. However it would add a much needed tragic effect to the series. Plus Capcom has been adding a younger generation of protagonist to this series with the last couple entries. Heh, I know just the perfect person to kill off someone.... Yeah someone's dead alright. XD Oh and I don't think Leon is going to die because there is absolutely no reason or emotional shock factor for this to happen at this time. Unless Ada back stabs him and I don't see Capcom going that route XD Plus that would be a dick move more than anything, seriously screw that idea! I could see Ada dying or at the very least her dirty crimes catch up to her and Leon cuts her down and stops her from continuing her black market crap. I'm just Saiyan!

I will admit that I am very impressed to have found myself a Ricardo Irving fan girl :3 Rachel's choice of clothing and Alfred Ashford's incest love for his sister are some might flawless concepts! XD Yeah, I'm just pulling your leg here and having some fun! XD My love for the Resident Evil franchise is something that would be considered "unhealthy and obsessive" -_-

Matroska

I think this way of doing it is the best way. It's a problem when a game gets announced too early, like Final Fantasy Versus XIII which ended up turning into FFXV and still isn't out. The problem with the series is that Capcom have actually listened to fans too much; not only is that giving too much voice to a small hardcore niche, it's not like fans all agree on everything anyway, so by doing what "the fans" want, "the fans" actually get ****ed off. Two (or more) parts of the same group. Developing it more privately like this is for the better, I believe. Capcom did it that way for RE1 and RE2, and they're masterpieces.

From 4 onwards, the series has tried to change based on fan feedback. REmake didn't sell all that well (to be fair, that was down to the Gamecube flopping, not REmake itself) so it was taken that fans really were sick of the old formula. Enter RE4: you were no longer scavenging ammo and trying to dodge zombies in an eerie mansion or police station, you were suplexing Spanish villagers, leaping head first out of 2nd storey windows through the god damn glass, dodging laser beams in one of many QTE sequences (people love those, right?), collecting Pesetas (several years after Spain had adopted the Euro) dropped by enemies to upgrade your sweet guns... And at the end you didn't sit exhausted in a helicopter as you escaped, possibly alone as the others were now dead, rather you rode off into the sunset on a jet-ski, the President of America's daughter making a move on you.

Given that many fans liked that, it seemed they wanted a more Hollywood action movie feel, so they made RE5. People moaned about that; "I liked it when Leon did pro-wrestling moves, I liked it when he backflipped over a laser beam, but this RE5 is just too action-y" they said. Capcom naturally weren't sure what to do. So then you get the schizophrenic RE6, trying to please everyone at once. And apparently it pleased no one (although it sold, what 5 million or more?)

Top Bottom