• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Anyone else Bored of RE6?

Champloo

I beat Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaign, but I don't feel like playing this game anymore to play Ada's campaign. I will load up Ada's CH1 then just decide not to play it and I have done this like 4/5 times. I really don't know why I'm bored with this game, is anyone else bored with the game also?

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
the real question is, specifically to "you" (OP).....are you a Resident Evil fan? anyways, generally wise have you not tried online co-op Mercenaries? (is so much fun). As for me, i am not "bored" of this game, as Online co-op play via Mercenaries (like i have said) is so much fun :p

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Yeah it's boring, you feel like you've played it multiple times because you actually have played it multiple times on your first try lol All 3 main campaigns are all exactly the same, you're basically playing the same campaign 3 times, just with different characters and Ada's campaign is no different other than it being solo. Plus I see absolutely no reason to play this game a second time (unless you're an achievement/trophy hound) because the game is horribly linear and scripted that you will get nothing different on your 2nd playthrough and there is nothing to unlock that would make playing it through again worth it.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i know that there are similar game types to Mercenaries in other video games, but Mercenaries is the high-light (for me) of the post-RE 4 series, the reason why the Resident Evil series appeals to me..... it's not like the player vs player type of game play *cough*COD*cough* What. and i will admit that i have played one COD, that being black ops (with this being i am not interested in that BLOPS 2 fiasco), and to be quite honest i've lost intrest in it, nor will ever again play it again *cough*noob-tubers*cough* What. (the mere reason i've given up on the player vs player type of game play) COD you have Funked Up (Casual gamers my a**)

:cool:

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Yeah it's boring, you feel like you've played it multiple times because you actually have played it multiple times on your first try lol All 3 main campaigns are all exactly the same, you're basically playing the same campaign 3 times, just with different characters and Ada's campaign is no different other than it being solo. Plus I see absolutely no reason to play this game a second time (unless you're an achievement/trophy hound) because the game is horribly linear and scripted that you will get nothing different on your 2nd playthrough and there is nothing to unlock that would make playing it through again worth it.

Completed all 4 campaigns 3 times over and have no idea what you're talking about dude, each to their own :)

xMobilemux

Completed all 4 campaigns 3 times over and have no idea what you're talking about dude, each to their own :)
All 4 campaigns are the same Action oriented Micheal Bay movie crap with minor differences. But yeah each to their own, I like different things, other people like the same thing over and over again.

TheVacantThrone

All 4 campaigns are the same Action oriented Micheal Bay movie crap with minor differences. But yeah each to their own, I like different things, other people like the same thing over and over again.

I like different things aswell. Your posts are tainted with bias, but so are mine i guess. I haven't found it the same thing over and over at all, i played once through with the main characters, once through with the secondary characters. The first time was for story, which i loved. The second time i was using different characters/different weapons. The third time i was using unlimited ammo, on Professional, and trying to speed-run the levels. All been great fun.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
unless you are Professional, you won't find it difficult trying the other difficulties, so i guess.....the case of the not everyone is the same, applies (or something of this matter)

xMobilemux

I like different things aswell. Your posts are tainted with bias, but so are mine i guess. I haven't found it the same thing over and over at all, i played once through with the main characters, once through with the secondary characters. The first time was for story, which i loved. The second time i was using different characters/different weapons. The third time i was using unlimited ammo, on Professional, and trying to speed-run the levels. All been great fun.
That's just you, but if I'm gonna play through the game a 2nd time, I expect something that will make a 2nd playthrough worth it other than using different weapons and playing as the partner, you get nothing from this game that makes it worth playing through a 2nd time, no unlockable costumes, no unlockable weapons, no nothing. RE4 and even RE5 had me replaying the game constantly to unlock that unlimited rocket launcher, that Plaga laser gun and of course the costumes. RE6 has absolutely nothing to offer, those serpent files aren't worth a second of my time. The game is so damn linear and scripted (the story was boring and predictable for me) there is no reason for me to play it again.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
speaking of campain, i will "attempt" to continue my second play through on "Veteran" (currently on Leon's campain, being Helena, starting without the weapons i've gained on my first play-through. since it gives me a challenge) and this time, knowing what attack reaction means, i have it enabled :D

TheVacantThrone

That's just you, but if I'm gonna play through the game a 2nd time, I expect something that will make a 2nd playthrough worth it other than using different weapons and playing as the partner, you get nothing from this game that makes it worth playing through a 2nd time, no unlockable costumes, no unlockable weapons, no nothing. RE4 and even RE5 had me replaying the game constantly to unlock that unlimited rocket launcher, that Plaga laser gun and of course the costumes. RE6 has absolutely nothing to offer, those serpent files aren't worth a second of my time. The game is so damn linear and scripted (the story was boring and predictable for me) there is no reason for me to play it again.

Yeah i can't argue with that, each to their own. But unlocking unlimited ammo for all guns and being able to start the game with all the weapons from my previous game was enough for me to play through at least one more time to see how fast i could run through with an umlimited magun from the get go. I did the same thing in RE 2, 3, 4 and 5 aswell.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i don't like or will never ever use the unlimited ammunition skill, as it cheapens the experience of playing the game. but each to their own *heh* :p

xMobilemux

Yeah i can't argue with that, each to their own. But unlocking unlimited ammo for all guns and being able to start the game with all the weapons from my previous game was enough for me to play through at least one more time to see how fast i could run through with an umlimited magun from the get go. I did the same thing in RE 2, 3, 4 and 5 aswell.
If future games bring back the opportunity to unlock things like you could in RE4/5 then I'll prob end up keeping the game and being more positive, cause I love unlocking things to use in the main campaign, even stupid things like Big Head mode, custom game speed mode, Mirror mode and stuff like that, but it REs case, I want to unlock things like costumes and weapons that require constant replays and needing to clock the game on the hardest mode.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Well in RE6 u can unlock unlimited ammo for all guns, u just keept playing first to unlock the skills then to get the points, its pretty much the same, just instead of meeting 1 requirement like beating the game in a set ammount of time here u need to meet 2: get the needed ammount of kills and then the skill points. So yh the unlocking stuff is still in there.

xMobilemux

Well in RE6 u can unlock unlimited ammo for all guns, u just keept playing first to unlock the skills then to get the points, its pretty much the same, just instead of meeting 1 requirement like beating the game in a set ammount of time here u need to meet 2: get the needed ammount of kills and then the skill points. So yh the unlocking stuff is still in there.
Unlocking unlimited ammo with all weapons I've already used is nothing to me, plus it doesn't really change the game at all since you'll be carrying more ammo than you need for half the game anyway. I like unlocking new things, new weapons and stuff like that, in RE4, you could get that Plaga Laser, The Thompson, Unlimited Rocket Launcher, That Badass Magnum, new costumes and play through the game over and over with a very different experience. Just being able to unlock Unlimited Ammo for the same weapons every playthrough is nothing to me.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Mercenaries

Trophy Hunting

Playing as different Characters

Look for refrences in past games

Did i miss something?

No it's not boring

Side Note--Anyone notice how the Infected in the Catacombs have an Un-godly resemblence to those creatures from Killzone And Deadspace

Champloo

the real question is, specifically to "you" (OP).....are you a Resident Evil fan? anyways, generally wise have you not tried online co-op Mercenaries? (is so much fun). As for me, i am not "bored" of this game, as Online co-op play via Mercenaries (like i have said) is so much fun :p
I've been a RE fan since the first game. I'm not really a big Mercenaries player and its been like that since RE3. I always play through the games solo first then do online co-op, but again I'm just not feeling like playing the game.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
not bored at all but it would be great if they released the multiplayer DLC already. I would rather have that first than extra characters/maps.

My god you would think at least slayers and survivors would be on disc since it was a MP mode last year but no, Capcom must charge you again as if its a new mode to the series.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Yeah. The campaign is decent, but there really isn't any replay value in it. This is the most linear title in RE yet. There's nothing to unlock in a second play-through. I mean, there's the emblems, but they don't really do anything except unlock files I could read online... And, I can get skill points in Mercs. I'm just playing Mercs now in fact, but even that is losing its appeal after unlocking Carla. I wish I cared more about trophies and leaderboards.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
- i have to agree with your comment about resident evil 4 and 5, this game offers no unlockables... I still play 4 all the time! I play 5 the gold edition just for the extra levels and costumes. there were no unlockables in this game but crappy merc costumes. I play through 6 caus ei love resident evil and i am trying to unlock all unlimited ammo and perks.- also i am a die hard resident evil nut!

Top Bottom