• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

anybody use emulators

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Yup! I use the "Gens" emulator - I believe it's called; the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis emulator. I only use it to play the games that I already own, though, so it's all legal. In fact, the only games I play on my Gens emulator is Shining Force and Shining Force II.

Hooking up a Mega Drive to a HDTV just makes my TV want to weep.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i have used several emu's in the last few years,
i used psx for resi evil 1/2/3, silent hill and FF7/8/9.
i used to use the gens one, for mega bomberman lol.
i once had a craving to play it again.
at one point was using the gba one, for golden sun etc.
and had a dreamcast one called "chankast" i think, for COde veronica and a couple others.

3d-agent

i've used epsxe for my ps1 games.
epsxe2 for ps2 games although i only play SVR 2k8 on it. 8)
i also have gen emu, and GC emu for re-remake and its not completely working. :(

aintnoscrub

Premium
i have yet to find a GC emu that works 100%, theres alot of bugs to work out atm i think.
its not my comp i know that.
plus i still have my ps2 and GC so if i did want any games i'd get them cheap on ebay.
when it comes to ps2/xbox/GC i'd rather buy it, whereas older stuff, (which i listed before hand) i'd rather get on emu.

3d-agent

Dolphin is quite good GC emu out there...it runs a lot GC titles...but only title i am interested in is RE-remake and it don't fully support that game yet. and that sucks. >:(

aintnoscrub

Premium
tbh i havent tried dolphin in a while, so it may have been upgraded abit since i last tried it.
so i may try it again.
although im not into that many GC games, i would only try dolphin again for MGS twin snakes, as that is so expensive on ebay for some reason..its a minimun of £40, which is stupid, as most GC games on ebay are £5-15 :S
its not even rare, theres like hundreds of copies.

aintnoscrub

Premium
omg i love that game so much.
i've been a massive fan of MGS since the beginning, and twin snakes is by far my fav.
i want it on GC so bad, but paying what i stated before is outrageous.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i have to disagree, £40 for a GC game is abit much.
i would pay tops of £20 i think.
no matter how much i love it.

L

Lurker
hey guys sorry to burst your bubble but emulators are almost illegal. if you get caught with one they will just confiscate your pc at the most or remove the file and ban the site you got it from.

aintnoscrub

Premium
guess what...nearly everything on my laptop is illegal..it doesnt borther me, im not scared of getting caught.
i download hundreds of movies, whether there just coming out into the cinema, or been out for ages..i download ALOT of music, ALOT of games etc.
i bet you download some things..i.e use limewire/torrents..etc

Top Bottom