• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

An Introductory

ToriJ

Resident Critic
Hello, Resident Evil Forum. I'm Tori, pleasure to meet you all.

A little bit about me: I'm from Kansas City, Kansas, 24, I've been playing video games since I was old enough to hold a controller, and writing since I was old enough to hold a pencil. For the past three years I've combined my two favorite hobbies into video game reviews I write every week.

I'm also a long time Resident Evil fan, having been introduced to the franchise back in 1996 when my brother bought that alongside Tekken 2 and Tomb Raider. I can still remember how scared the whole game made me (hey, it was 1996) and I was too afraid to just enter an unfamiliar room. The crows scared me most of all. FOREST!

Since then I played Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, Resident Evil Survivor, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil Outbreak Files 2, in that order. I own all of them except Survivor, recently purchased 5 and 6 dirt cheap at Game Stop, currently trying to get my hands on Revelations. The Remake is my favorite, but pretty much anything that came out before 4 is. My favorite characters are Jill, Rebecca, Barry, Wesker, Claire, and Sherry. Favorite tyrant is Nemesis. Not so much my favorite when he's chasing me around, but it is what it is.

Video game franchises I like outside of Resident Evil are, but not limited to: Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, F.E.A.R., Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Tomb Raider, Command & Conquer, Phoenix Wright, StarCraft, and Pokemon.

See you all around.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Welcome to the forum Tori! That's a nice list of games there. Glad to have ya here. It seems you and I started playing RE at the same time just about. I've been playing it ever since I was old enough to understand what a video game is. That zombie in the first cutscene gave me nightmares when I was little lol.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hi ToriJ, welcome to the forum :D

It seems we like a lot of the same games, I like a lot of those you listed, especially Zelda, Mario and Sonic. :D Would you recommend the Phoenix Wright games? I'm gonna buy the crossover with Professor Layton, but I wondered if it was worth trying out the series on it's own before I play the spin off. :)

ToriJ

Resident Critic
Thanks, guys.

Welcome to the forum Tori! That's a nice list of games there. Glad to have ya here. It seems you and I started playing RE at the same time just about. I've been playing it ever since I was old enough to understand what a video game is. That zombie in the first cutscene gave me nightmares when I was little lol.

The first zombie actually never bothered me that much. Would have been a different story if we got the unedited version though.

Would you recommend the Phoenix Wright games?

If you like visual novels, yes. Phoenix Wright is the reason I bought a DS. Ran into a Let's Play of it on YouTube and fell in love. I'm still in the process of getting all of the games in the series. Only ones I own are Ace Attorney, and Justice for All. I can't speak much about it replay value though, but that first time through the game is pretty great.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
If you like visual novels, yes. Phoenix Wright is the reason I bought a DS. Ran into a Let's Play of it on YouTube and fell in love. I'm still in the process of getting all of the games in the series. Only ones I own are Ace Attorney, and Justice for All. I can't speak much about it replay value though, but that first time through the game is pretty great.

Hmm, I might do the same as you and look at a playthrough of it before I decide. Just wondered if I should try it before I played the crossover. Thanks for the info! :)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Hello, Resident Evil Forum. I'm Tori, pleasure to meet you all.

A little bit about me: I'm from Kansas City, Kansas, 24, I've been playing video games since I was old enough to hold a controller, and writing since I was old enough to hold a pencil. For the past three years I've combined my two favorite hobbies into video game reviews I write every week.

I'm also a long time Resident Evil fan, having been introduced to the franchise back in 1996 when my brother bought that alongside Tekken 2 and Tomb Raider. I can still remember how scared the whole game made me (hey, it was 1996) and I was too afraid to just enter an unfamiliar room. The crows scared me most of all. FOREST!

Since then I played Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, Resident Evil Survivor, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil Outbreak Files 2, in that order. I own all of them except Survivor, recently purchased 5 and 6 dirt cheap at Game Stop, currently trying to get my hands on Revelations. The Remake is my favorite, but pretty much anything that came out before 4 is. My favorite characters are Jill, Rebecca, Barry, Wesker, Claire, and Sherry. Favorite tyrant is Nemesis. Not so much my favorite when he's chasing me around, but it is what it is.

Video game franchises I like outside of Resident Evil are, but not limited to: Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, F.E.A.R., Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Tomb Raider, Command & Conquer, Phoenix Wright, StarCraft, and Pokemon.

See you all around.
Oh my God . . . I love you.

Welcome to the forum.

And yes, definitely pick up REvelations. I have to say it's my second favorite in the series, with the first being RECVX.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Welcome to the forum! :D

I like a lot of those game series too, Tomb Raider is one of my favourites. It sucks that the Rise of the Tomb Raider is only coming out on the Xbox next year, but I'm still looking forward to the Temple of Osiris later this year.

Top Bottom