• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All Time Favourite RE Locations

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
As the title suggests, what are your all time favourite RE locations? It can be a whole city, building, room, whatever you like, for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Roku

The Spencer Mansion!
I love everything about it (that's even why I'm not able to choose a single room); the atmosphere is palpable.
Everytime that I play the remake I cannot help myself, I just have to lose half an hour of my life to stare at the rooms, at how the fire of the candles dances a bit, at the elegance of the furniture and so on.
And the map is also brilliant.

BioLence

Everything from Zero to Code Veronica is wonderful to walk around and explore. As for my favorites, gotta be the Mansion and Raccoon City streets, there's nothing like it. Now the scariest place of all RE's is the Mansion Lab, eerieness as it best, i wish it was bigger.

I also loved the Village and its surroundings in RE4 as well as the Castle. I liked Kijuju quite a bit two.

Last edited:

HookerZombie

I like the Spencer Mansion in REmake because it's beautifully designed in a gothic Addams Family Mansion kind of way.

I also like the Raccoon City streets in RE2 and RE3 because they looked exactly like how a zombie outbreak in a big crowded city should look with the wrecked cars, burning buildings, trash and junk scattered everywhere, and dead bodies laying on the roads.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
While there are a lot of areas in RE that I really enjoyed, there are two that stand out to me the most.

The first one is the entire Castle area of RE4, partly because of the aesthetics and how opulent it is, but also because of the different areas that they incorporated into it and the enemies in there. The younger me was apprehensive in the hedge maze where dogs came running at you, making you scared to turn the next corner. Then there was the prison area where you first encounter a Garrador which was dingy and creepy, as were the sewers with the Novistadors. The atmosphere of the castle as a whole gave off a very medieval feel to me, which was further enhanced by the zealots carrying medieval weapons like flails and scythes.

The second is the autopsy room/freezer room section of RE4. Again, it's to do with the creepy atmosphere that's created because you automatically associate an autopsy room with the dead, and you also know after seeing the Regenerador on the autopsy table that it's probably going to get up and attack you at some point. It's the same in the freezer room where the Regeneradors are hanging from the ceiling and you go into that tiny side room to turn off the freezer to get the infrared scope, and you just know that one of those creatures is going to come and trap you in that room.

I don't know if the intention of this thread was purely to talk about the way certain locations look, but I sort of went for the atmosphere created by the places and the enemies in there.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't know if the intention of this thread was purely to talk about the way certain locations look, but I sort of went for the atmosphere created by the places and the enemies in there.
It can be for whatever reason, I'll edit my first post to say that now. :smile:

Zacmac90

I also like the Raccoon City streets in RE2 and RE3 because they looked exactly like how a zombie outbreak in a big crowded city should look with the wrecked cars, burning buildings, trash and junk scattered everywhere, and dead bodies laying on the roads.

I don't think the dead bodies in Raccoon stayed "dead" for long lol

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while, been playing Resident Evil since the very 1st. In 2016, the only video game I played was ALL of the Resident Evils, I really loved 7, cant wait for Redfield campaign, (if that's really Redfield coming out of an Umbrella helicopter, crazy twist ending)...Im actually knee deep in playing Super Mario Maker( I only played 2 games so far in 2017, Resident Evil 7, and Super Mario Maker, and my bro is still playing Umbrella Corps, lol)

Alright well, not to stray from topic. This forum could have endless possibilities! I mean, one of the biggest elements in Resident Evil to me IS location. To start -

Chapter 4 in Revelations 2, Barry and Natalias campaign. I love how far you go into the mine and end up in a MANSION! Really out there stuff! And Resi 7 had a mine! Really cool!

I love In Resi 5 , chapter 5-1, Chris and Sheva find I believe the origin location in which Spencer derived the original Mother Virus from deep underground with all those flowers, that is a special important location.

The wrecked ship in Resi 7 was a big surprise to explore. Really dark and creepy, like starting a whole new campaign as Mia with no weapons and such. A big highlight of the game for me.

Well, obviously this thread has much potential for anyone to share feelings and thoughts on areas of Resident Evil, theres so many places to visit!!!! Alright guys, it was fun to come back and revisit, if it wasn't for Super Mario Maker, I'd probly be playing all the Resident Evil games for the 20th time, peace out!!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I really like the guardhouse and laboratory in the original Resident Evil, because the two were such a surprise to see and fun to explore after thinking you would just be stuck in the mansion all game.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I liked the main hall of the police station. The atmosphere fills me with calmness. while the music of that room fills me with chills. it gives me the feeling of being safe and unsafe at the same time. I know that it doesn't make a lot of sense. but its kinda hard to explain.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Well, on the subject of save rooms, I love the ones in Resident Evil ZERO for the music alone.
Most of the ones in RE0 are candlelit too, washing the screen in a lush orange glow.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
The S.T.A.R.S. office in the RPD. For me, despite it not being a save room, it's the one room in the entire building that feels relatively safe, for some reason. Plus, as you were walking around the room and inspecting everything, it gave a little more depth to the characters from the first game.

And as for the *ahem* "sporty" photo of young Ms Chambers in Weskers desk, let's keep that on the DL, ok?

It's a bit small, though, considering there were 2 teams. I know the Alpha and Bravo squads would've shared desks, that's obvious, but you'd like to think that the RPD would've spent the cash to get them an office big enough for both squads to work in simultaneously.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
The S.T.A.R.S. office in the RPD. For me, despite it not being a save room, it's the one room in the entire building that feels relatively safe, for some reason. Plus, as you were walking around the room and inspecting everything, it gave a little more depth to the characters from the first game.

And as for the *ahem* "sporty" photo of young Ms Chambers in Weskers desk, let's keep that on the DL, ok?

It's a bit small, though, considering there were 2 teams. I know the Alpha and Bravo squads would've shared desks, that's obvious, but you'd like to think that the RPD would've spent the cash to get them an office big enough for both squads to work in simultaneously.

Speaking of that did you did you take a look at the picture hanging next to Rebecca's desk. its a cool pic.

I always thought that the main hall and the dining room of Spencer's mansion was a safe place till i played RE: Deadly Silence.

HookerZombie

I get what you're saying, I always feel the same way in the save rooms in 3.
I always thought the save rooms theme in RE3 had a kind of sad tone to them especially when you return to the game and read Jill's thoughts: "They have taken everything from me, everything... But I won't give up! I won't allow them to win! I will survive! They can't stop, my last escape." It's like you could really feel what Jill was feeling about what was happening to her town.

Now the save room theme in the Director's Cut of Resident Evil 1 for PSone sounds plain spooky.

Last edited:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I always liked the atmosphere of Raccoon City, a entire town that is chaos and there are terrible monsters everywhere.

HookerZombie

I think what makes Raccoon City so scary is that it isn't an odd location with zombies like the spencer mansion, rockfort island, or that primitive spanish village in re4. It was once just an ordinary American city with families and children and innocent people who were all horribly killed and turned into zombies and mutants by the T-virus all because of an evil corporation and their shady doings. Nobody in Raccoon City deserved to die the way they did especially when the US government launched a missile on the city in the end to keep the virus from spreading. It was a huge and shocking tragedy.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
The Spencer Mansion!
I love everything about it (that's even why I'm not able to choose a single room); the atmosphere is palpable.
Everytime that I play the remake I cannot help myself, I just have to lose half an hour of my life to stare at the rooms, at how the fire of the candles dances a bit, at the elegance of the furniture and so on.
And the map is also brilliant.
Everything from above ----^

I also like to stop and stare for few minutes at rooms in Spencer Mansion, I just imagine myself living in mansion like that one!

Top Bottom