• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Afterlive - Cinema vs Blu-ray Version

afterlive-fan

When I saw Resident Evil: Afterlife in the cinema, I loved it. The use of The Outsider by A Perfect Circle made the movie awesome. But has anyone noticed that on the Blu-Ray version, the soundtrack in the movie is different?

I was really disappointed with the BD version. Shame really, with it was the same as the cinema version.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I actually preferred Afterlife on 2D Blu-ray than I did 3D at the cinema... I enjoyed my home screening a lot more!!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I didn't notice the soundtrack being any different. I think the volume and bass setups were better equipped for the theater experience as opposed to blu-ray, as music was much louder than dialog and you can't hear half the scoring above the bass boost (I've got the soundtrack and the tracks sound a lot different with a normal bass setting.). As far as changes or things missing, I hadn't noticed anything lol.

And I much preferred the 3D version. The opening scene was gorgeous on the (3D) big screen and the blu-ray pretty much paled in comparison. It's odd having seen it in all its 3D glory and then having to watch it in 2D. I wish 3D televisions were affordable lol.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I think at E3 Sony announced a budget price 3D TV package? PS3s play 3D Blu-rays, as long as you have the right TV to go with it. The price they announced was something like $500, which is very good considering!! Dunno when it's out, though.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/305558/sony-reveals-cheap-3d-tv-bundle/

Interesting... If only it wasn't a bundle. All I want is the TV since I have a PS3, HDMI cable and RE Afterlife 3D/2D blu-ray. I've no interest in the game, and as others commented on the article, $400 is a bit much for a 24 inch screen. When I play Black Ops I want it to be on a muuuuuch bigger screen, even if I have to sacrifice the 3D for a screen twice the size. Still, I hope this means that even large screened 3D TVs become more affordable.

Top Bottom