• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Aesthetic Gamer at it AGAIN

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
"Capcom's fiscal 2020 year is very impressive, there's four big titles they're releasing, including two RE games (one is RE3). There's also a fifth medium game but not on the same scale as the other four releases. You'll see this in their fiscal report next month, they've got some big hitters coming and they're expecting big earnings. Now back to me talking normal things."
-Aesthetic Gamer AKA Dusk Golem

FOUR major Capcom games this year? I don't even know what they could be. According to this, there is a second RE game coming out this year. But what other series could Capcom be working on (possibly for next gen?)

Monster Hunter? Megaman? Street Fighter?

I doubt it will be a DMC game, but you never know!

What series do you want to see released in 2020? And what is the other RE game?

D

Deleted member 21244

"Capcom's fiscal 2020 year is very impressive, there's four big titles they're releasing, including two RE games (one is RE3). There's also a fifth medium game but not on the same scale as the other four releases. You'll see this in their fiscal report next month, they've got some big hitters coming and they're expecting big earnings. Now back to me talking normal things."
-Aesthetic Gamer AKA Dusk Golem

FOUR major Capcom games this year? I don't even know what they could be. According to this, there is a second RE game coming out this year. But what other series could Capcom be working on (possibly for next gen?)

Monster Hunter? Megaman? Street Fighter?

I doubt it will be a DMC game, but you never know!

What series do you want to see released in 2020? And what is the other RE game?
The second resident evil is probably resident evil 8, since he wasn't talking about this years but about this capcom fiscal years who if i remember correctly will end up in March or april 2021, so it is probably re 8

I would really like to have a new dino crisis game or a remake, and i really hope one of them it's dink
Probably one of that game is a new monster hunter

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Revelations 3 would be SO good. They just have a story line dangling there. Finish it out already!

It is confirmed that they were working on a new Dino Crisis, but that was eventually cancelled - but I could stay in high hopes that they have ressurected it already!

D

Deleted member 21244

Revelations 3 would be SO good. They just have a story line dangling there. Finish it out already!

It is confirmed that they were working on a new Dino Crisis, but that was eventually cancelled - but I could stay in high hopes that they have ressurected it already!
I hope so, Capcom itself confirmed that some other IP could have received the same tratement resident evil 2 remake received, so probably dini crisis remake is possible

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
So if every rumor out there is to be trusted, it means that another Resident Evil game which isn't RE8 is set to be released later this year or at the start of 2021. And it won't be a Code Veronica remake, so what is it then?

Revelations 3 seems to be the lowest odds checker ATM. Good lord I hope this happens!

D

Deleted member 21244

So if every rumor out there is to be trusted, it means that another Resident Evil game which isn't RE8 is set to be released later this year or at the start of 2021. And it won't be a Code Veronica remake, so what is it then?

Revelations 3 seems to be the lowest odds checker ATM. Good lord I hope this happens!
He actually say that there are two resident evil releasing this fiscal year, one is re 3 the other is probably re 8

At least that's what he say in that tweet UniqTeas posted above, he say two re game

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In the tweet, he goes on to say that Project Resistance is considered PART of THREEmake and not it's own game in his consideration. Otherwise, that would make sense. haha. He is saying there will be another major announcement for the next gen that is not Resistance or RE8 or another remake.

My guess would be something like RE Online? Or a new Outbreak game??? Who knows!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Revelations 3 sounds the most likely, especially since Capcom seems to be on a roll with its return to survival horror and the Revelations series was the first time they dipped their toe back into that genre after going full action, the time is right if you ask me.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Why didn't I think of Rev 3?

They have a lovely cliffhanger for Rev 2 that is just dangling there ready for us to enjoy. I'd be super grateful for it. And the cool thing about the Rev series is that you can just use anybody from the series as a protagonist. Barry and Claire worked. Why not Jake and Rebecca. lol.

PS - I do not condone a Jake/Rebecca teamup.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If they are going to make a Revelations 3, then they better have an even better reveal, the last two were lacking

The last two where "lacking" due to the fact that Capcom made them only to be side games and thus did not have the faith to advertise or promote them how they should have been and even then they still where a critical success with most reviews being very positive, but you have to keep in mind that Capcom was only experimenting and trying to see if Resident Evil still had a future by going back to survival horror, after the success of RE7 and RE2 remake however I think Capcom has more confidence in the survival horror genre again and I think they would definitely give it better care than they did before.

By the way I LOVED those games far more than main series games that where out around that time, I would hold REV2>>>>>>>>>>>>RE6 anyday of the week and Raid Mode is still to this day Resident Evil's greatest extra mode IMO with the best replay value.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Honestly, I think REV 2 is in the top 10 of Resident Evil games. Revelations 1 was fun, but it felt a little bit cheesy and like I was playing House of The Dead or something. I understand it was a 3DS game first and had to take placate to that hardware, but I still think some of the writing and director choices were reallllly wacky. IE - Quint/Keith moments, Terragrigia hunter attack, etc.

But these are both really solid games in my opinion!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Here is the most recent update although he promised Capcom he wouldn't say much until after RE3 was released:

"Ah what the Hell, I'll tease a bit more about this 2021 RE game & then not talk deeper about it until a bit after RE3 is out. The 2021 RE game started development in late 2016, by the time it releases it'll have been in development for 4-4.5 years (been in dev at the moment for about for about 3-3.5 years). It's development is very similar to the original Resident Evil 3, not the remake, but I won't expand on what I mean by that until later. The announcement for it will be really soon, and it's by far the biggest departure the series has ever taken, to the point I expect a lot of people will be ****ed off about it when it gets revealed, but they should be open minded. Internal testing and the like show it's high quality game, and I'm quite excited for it."

That is the most cryptic response you could get. What COULD IT BE???

D

Deleted member 21244

Here is the most recent update although he promised Capcom he wouldn't say much until after RE3 was released:

"Ah what the Hell, I'll tease a bit more about this 2021 RE game & then not talk deeper about it until a bit after RE3 is out. The 2021 RE game started development in late 2016, by the time it releases it'll have been in development for 4-4.5 years (been in dev at the moment for about for about 3-3.5 years). It's development is very similar to the original Resident Evil 3, not the remake, but I won't expand on what I mean by that until later. The announcement for it will be really soon, and it's by far the biggest departure the series has ever taken, to the point I expect a lot of people will be ****ed off about it when it gets revealed, but they should be open minded. Internal testing and the like show it's high quality game, and I'm quite excited for it."

That is the most cryptic response you could get. What COULD IT BE???
I was reading it right now

I don't have any idea om what it might been, but I'm excited XD

Jonipoon

"The biggest departure the series has ever taken"?

Yeah, that could basically mean anything, because people will get p***ed off at anything. But it sounds very intriguing and makes me wonder what sort of game it could be. If its a type of game that's never been done before in the series, this is what comes to mind:

- Open world
- Open world RPG
- Strategy game
- Side scroller

D

Deleted member 21244

"The biggest departure the series has ever taken"?

Yeah, that could basically mean anything, because people will get p***ed off at anything. But it sounds very intriguing and makes me wonder what sort of game it could be. If its a type of game that's never been done before in the series, this is what comes to mind:

- Open world
- Open world RPG
- Strategy game
- Side scroller
Fighting game? Or race game?

That would be fun

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonipoon

I think out of those I mentioned, an open world Resident Evil sounds most plausible since those games are popular in the modern day where game length is favored above quality. Personally I don't think open world blends well with horror, but I would still be willing to try such a Resident Evil if that's the route they're going with.

An open world Resident Evil could potentially take place in Raccoon City during the outbreak and have the whole city accessible and traversable in various ways. Think of it as a single player version of Outbreak File 1 and 2, but on steroids. Perhaps even parts of the Arklay Mountains could be explorable (although that creates continuity errors with the city being isolated). You'd either play as a new character or create your own, and unlock new gear, weapons and abilities along the way. The goal of the game (apart from escaping) could be to locate and save as many of your friends in the city as possible. Perhaps you're playing as a father who must locate his wife trapped in an office building, a daughter trapped in high school, a son trapped at a shopping mall, and lastly his old parents in a cabin in the forest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom