• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Ada's necklace

svp

I know this may be a weird observation but does Ada's cross necklace have any significant meaning? maybe Capcom is hinting that she is a good natured person, or that she is just wearing it to hide her true evil. I always wondered...because video game programers/character designers usually do not add religion unless it is for some symbolic meaning/reasoning. do not be offended by my observation, I am just curious. :)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Maybe she was a member of that crazy church from RE4 lol jk. I'm not sure, that is an interesting observation though. Maybe she's not bad afterall and has become a born again Christian, trying to fight her evil clone Carla. ;) haha

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Very interesting...IDK if you have ever seen the show Supernatural, but for the first FIVE seasons, one of the main protagnoist, Dean, always wore a necklace, and fans ALWAYS questioned its signifigance...We FINALLY found out in season 6...I bet this is sort of the same...It's got SOME signifigance more so than just cosmetic...We probably won't find out until HER story mode though...

svp

Maybe she was a member of that crazy church from RE4 lol jk. I'm not sure, that is an interesting observation though. Maybe she's not bad afterall and has become a born again Christian, trying to fight her evil clone Carla. ;) haha
haha all the naughty ones are church goers... true fact, it is interesting because the other lady "Ada's look a like" doesn't have one so I assume she may be the evil one, who knows. also, it looks like a Celtic cross. she might of stole it from someone as well. remember in res 2 she found Sherry's pendent and kept it with her not noticing until later that it had the G virus hidden inside.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
thank you, I try to investigate
Anytime. I'm surprised that I never noticed the blue dressed Ada wasn't wearing one. I wonder what things would be like if that list never got leaked, cause I know I sure as hell wouldn't think that they were (possibly) two separate people lolz.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
carla radames also looks an awful lot like annette Birkin too !!! my shttp://www.tumblr.com/tagged/carla-radames?before=1339466236ource info
» Ada and Carla

tumblr_m5kgf80yXD1qa99aj.jpg

I’ve seen quite a number of posts concerning Ada’s role in Resident Evil 6, and how a certain “Carla Radames” figures into the equation.
And since I have many, I guess you could say, in Tumblrspeak. “feels” when it comes to Ada Wong, I’ve written down my thoughts on the matter along with other information I’ve managed to gather.
(Spoilers Abound)

Photo Evidences
In the Captivate 2012 trailer, Leon and Helena play a footage of a test subject breaking out of a chrysalis. The screen flashes quickly, but there’s this:
carla_radame_confirmed_____by_beauxbatonssweet-d4wbz01.jpg

Important details on the top image were blocked out, but someone tried to make out the letters, and the result is the image at the bottom. The test subject’s name: Carla Radames.
Someone was also able to capture the breaking out in slow-mo, too and managed to get this:
VJ7fp.jpg

This is the image of the creature breaking out of the chrysalis. See the silhouette? The features are that of a woman’s: Ada’s. That’s her side-view profile.
Then in the E3 trailer, Ada (wearing red and black), is shown holding a folder containing files on one Carla Radames:
tumblr_m5kc8kbB8b1qa99aj.jpg

The blonde in the picture is the real Carla Radames. She’s associated with Simmons, although the exact nature of their relationship is unknown. If you look closely, at the top-right corner of the folder, you’ll find the same image from the footage: Carla breaking out of the chrysalis.
So if Carla’s really blonde, then how can she “be” Ada? And how could she have been a clone if she’s already a living, breathing person before the C-virus experiment?

C-virus?
The answer lies in what the C-virus is. Details are still sketchy at best, but the basic idea is that it allows transformation of the subject to a different form while inside the cocoon.
So when it was said that Carla Radames is a “clone” of Ada Wong, it didn’t mean a genetic clone. She’s merely a doppelganger. The C-virus allowed her to “copy” Ada’s looks and possibly mannerisms, but they are nowhere related by DNA.

Simmons’ Dialogue
If the images aren’t enough proof, I think Simmons’ background dialogue in Captivate, and his exchange with Ada in E3 also help clear things out.
In the Captivate trailer, as Leon and Helena are entering the lab where the found the tape, a voice-over was playing:
Simmons: How are you feeling?​
Woman: More games?​
Simmons: Not quite. But I’ve something that you might benefit from knowing.​
The woman’s voice is clearly, Ada’s. There was definitely something off here, because for one, Ada doesn’t sound very pleased. And Simmons doesn’t sound very kind or sincere either.
Then in the E3 trailer, where Ada and Simmons were talking:
Simmons: Find anything interesting?​
Ada: A recording from six months ago.​
Simmons: You still haven’t figured it out. Allow me to clarify: tomorrow the US government will suffer a bio-terrorist attack. After that, China. And then major cities all around the world will suffer the same fate… at the hands of Neo-Umbrella’s very own Ada Wong.​
The way Simmons said this is like he’s taunting Ada. He finds the fact that she hasn’t pieced it altogether yet amusing, and supplies her with the information.
It is also interesting to note that at the time Simmons said the last part, there are flashes of a body coming out of the chrysalis.

Ada’s Profile
To add to all that, Ada was never really a villain. While a mysterious and vague, she’s still on the side of good (confirmed by herself, Leon, and the writers themselves). She’s manipulative and cunning, but that comes with being a spy, and even more so since she’s a double-agent. However, she’s never shown any leaning towards evil that it doesn’t make that much sense for her to murder thousands of people out of the blue.
re4cap015.jpg

Also, if green is to Chris, as light blue is to Jill, and dark blue is to Leon, red (and black) is to Ada.
The other woman, Carla, doesn’t only have the colors wrong, she’s also wearing hoop earrings whereas Ada’s never worn earrings during missions, and, as a reliable source pointed out, does not have piercings at all. (She did wear earrings in the epilogue of her Umbrella Chronicles scenario, Death’s Door, but they could have easily been clip-ons because game renders don’t show her having piercings.)

But… Why?
I think that’s the big question. Why clone Ada? When Captivate came out and I found out about the clone rumor, my theory was that it was to frame her for the outbreak. Judging from the latest trailer, that seems to very well be the case.
One reason to frame Ada is because she already knows a lot about the inner workings of the whole bio-terrorism business. She’s worked/pretended to work for Umbrella’s rival company and Wesker, and is a part of a different organization altogether. Conflict of interest, maybe. Or perhaps they needed someone to infiltrate the Organization and at the same time ruin her reputation. Or she’s simply become too much of a nuisance as far as Simmons is concerned and he wanted to flush her out.
The plot twist involving Ada and Carla’s already been pretty much ruined by the January cast leak, but much of the reasons behind it is still unknown.
… and that is my take on the Ada/Carla issue. Some stuff here I’ve already posted before, but I figured I’d put them altogether in one updated entry with the E3 information. Heh. Didn’t intend for it to be this long, but I guess I got carried away.

- also what did ada do soooo bad to **** off simmons ??? then theres this too- I also noticed something since the third trailer came out. The Ada Wong wearing a blue shirt/red scarf was with Chris&Leon in China but in the third trailer they show Ada wearing a red shirt following Jake&Sherry also in China. Unless she changes her clothes ? i dont agree thats a woman coming out though...its an arm and the creature or person is crouched down ripping their arm up!

svp

Im not saying ur stealing it from me but I guess great minds think a like! I just posted a threat on the same theory an hour ago... good work! seems like u have done ur research. I just figured it all out too. Ada's being scammed by Simmons into the whole mess. look at my post in the Res 6 category and see if it matches. good work

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
I was having the very same thoughts about 2 Adas!!!
And I also think the colors are key to identify them... I believe the one wearing blue in an impostor of some sort... And I've had that feeling since we first saw "Ada" in blue in the trailers...

As for the cross, well... I guess we may find out in-game...

Reactions: svp

bruno

Chief Researcher
That cross doesn't look religious. It might be a symbol related to The Organization or Neo Umbrella, or just a random piece of jewelry.
I bet all of these pieces of jewelry that everyone has been mentioning lately (Simmons' ring, Chris' pendant and Ada's necklace) won't be mentioned at all in the game.

svp

I know jewelry is just for show on most characters but I think it is in fact a Celtic cross of some type. Even if it is not brought up in the game, I think it is Capcom's version of symbolism that signifies Ada as being Good.

DeweySshi

I think she just has a good fashion sense and the necklace is an accessory. She is always well dressed and have you guys seen her gloves??...they're so pretty. plus, I am so crazy about her hair style.

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
I think the cross necklace simply means goodness, like meaning she's the good, real Ada. We'll find out.

Reactions: svp

svp

yes because there are obvious differences between the two of them. I do think that the Ada in red is good and Simmons is using her alter ego ada 2 as a stunt to show the world ada caused the mess, in reality she is innocent. I also think Debra is possibly the twin of Helena and she is being used for the same thing. Debra is Clara in my opinion, they just died her hair. remember jill's hair was died because of the bio-hazard type blood in her body?

Top Bottom