• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ada Wong in REAL LIFE?

NinjaSparkle36

Hello, I woke up this morning with a question that keeps popping into my head. I don't really know how to answer this for myself so I'm looking for answers here. Without the whole virus and zombie thing, what do you think Ada Wong would be doing in real life? What would her job be? What kind of person would she work for? Because as far as I know, there's no real Umbrella Corporation for her to work for. Also, I don't think that the kind of spy she is in the games exist in real life.

That's all, I'm just very curious to know what you think!

meiwow

From what I remember she was some guy's girlfriend who worked at the hidden Arklay mountains lab. He would share some inside information with her. What they or she did with that information, who knows. But basically she was just some guy's girlfriend. No real job, she was just living off her scientist boyfriend. After he died she used the information she knew about umbrella for her gain and did different favors for different people for money. To call her a spy is like calling a random pretty girl on instagram a model...

Ag_Hunnigan

Ada's character is not that far fetched. Exeggerated, yes, but not completely made up. Industrial espionage does exist. I've met some guys who work in technical fields or for big western companies in China and they told me that it could be challenging to work with chinese colleagues or students, because they would copy everything they could get their hands on. Literally.

I would think that Ada does the same thing, only on a more professional level. She'd also get a decent amount of money if she sold company secrets, in this case Umbrella's.

Yes, she is researcher Jon's girlfriend in RE1, but that was only a cover for her to get info on what / where Umbrella was researching. In RE4 it is mentioned that she works for some sort of organisation, but after RE6 I think she is more of a freelancer, who works for whoever hires her. It would also explain why she worked for Wesker in RE4. He had already turned to another pharma company, maybe Tricell, and Ada got him what he needed.

So I think, in real life, Ada would be a professional industrial spy maybe.

Top Bottom