• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Absence of Mayor Warren

Ikawaru

One of the least known characters in the series but played a vital role in the outbreak, yet all we get out of him is a statue and a few files.

Why did Capcom not include him as a vital character in beginning of Nemesis like Chief Irons in RE2? Was it budget/time constraints? I think a whole City Hall section where he plays as an antagonist of some sort until he flees the city would have been pretty neato but alas, Capcom decided to sideline him from the game and I think it was a total missed opportunity.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I never really though of it, but you are right.

Maybe they wanted to focus more on the UBCS characters, so they made the Raccoon conspiracy less prevalent. But they really could explore Mayor Warren in a Outbreak File #3!

SpaceOwlHoot

They kind of already did the corrupt government offiical working with a large corporation in RE2 with Irons like you said so maybe yeah, they wanted to focus more on the UBCS.

Mr.R

Maybe Warren just was the kind of corrupt politician that "looked to the other side" as Umbrella commanded the city. Not everyone needs to be an evil mastermind with a complicated plan. He probably died at some point of the outbreak, like most people in Raccoon City.

Ikawaru

Maybe Warren just was the kind of corrupt politician that "looked to the other side" as Umbrella commanded the city. Not everyone needs to be an evil mastermind with a complicated plan. He probably died at some point of the outbreak, like most people in Raccoon City.

Official canon is that he's been in cahoots with Umbrella and their cooperation actually did help the city grow and modernize. After delivering his daughter to Chief Irons (Why didn't he bring her along??) he just fled the city and left its inhabitants to their fate w/o demonstrating any kind of leadership so I'm getting the impression that he wasn't the goodest or even grayest person and was in fact quite shady.

Ridley Lockhart

I never really though of it, but you are right.

Maybe they wanted to focus more on the UBCS characters, so they made the Raccoon conspiracy less prevalent. But they really could explore Mayor Warren in a Outbreak File #3!
Ditto, I never really gave the Mayor of Raccoon much thought. I like the idea of exploring Warren in a File#3, there's so much going on in Raccoon City before during and well...the fallout.

They could make it just a tinny tiny little spot. Kind of like on Outbreak on the "Hellfire" scenario, in one of the rooms at The Apple Inn you'll come across a File written by one 'Dario Losso'. Which id be willing to bet was some small typo, as in RE3 the man who locks himself inside one of the freight containers is named Dario Rosso.

Top Bottom