• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

440hz vs 432hz music

Popo

So, I was lurking the web, and stumbled upon this:

“This unnatural standard tuning frequency (440 Hz), removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones, has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man.” -L. C. Vincent

Most music worldwide has been tuned to 440 hertz since the International Standards Organization (ISO) endorsed it in 1953. The recent rediscoveries of the vibratory / oscillatory nature of the universe indicate that this contemporary international concert pitch standard may generate an unhealthy effect or anti-social behavior in the consciousness of human beings.

A=432 Hz, known as Verdi’s ‘A’ is an alternative tuning that is mathematically consistent with the universe. Music based on 432 Hz transmits beneficial healing energy, because it is a pure tone of math fundamental to nature.

There is a theory that the change from 432 Hz to 440 Hz was dictated by Nazi propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels. He used it to make people think and feel a certain manner, and to make them a prisoner of a certain consciousness. Then around 1940 the United States introduced 440 Hz worldwide, and finally in 1953 it became the ISO 16-standard.

What is 440 Hz?
440 Hz is the unnatural standard tuning frequency, removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones that has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man.

In a paper entitled ‘Musical Cult Control’, Dr. Leonard Horowitz writes: “The music industry features this imposed frequency that is ‘herding’ populations into greater aggression, psycho social agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illness.”

You just have to go out in the street and take a look around. What do you see? School kids, young adults on their way to work, a woman pushing her baby in a pram, a man walking his dog – and what do they all have in common? iPods or MP3 Players! Ingenious, isn’t it?

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla

The powers that be are successfully lowering the vibrations of not only the young generation but the rest of us as well. These destructive frequencies entrain the thoughts towards disruption, disharmony and disunity. Additionally, they also stimulate the controlling organ of the body – the brain – into disharmonious resonance, which ultimately creates disease and war.

Source: http://www.zengardner.com/440hz-music-conspiracy-to-detune-us-from-natural-432hz-harmonics/

I used my Audacity and put some songs on 432hz, and it might be just me but they sounded more beautiful, more natural, and now I am seriously considering doing all my guitar covers in this pitch xD

So what do you think, is this true or just internet bulls**t? Try changing the pitch yourself, it might be life changing for you.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
440Hz - this is the frequency of what? It's not the sound waves, I get that.

Popo

the instruments are tuned to 440hz.

if the sound is 432 hz, you tune the A note of your instrument, and the rest according to that tuning.
most music is in 440hz, the instruments are tuned to 440hz which is an unnatural tuning, the sound waves from song in that tuning are "‘herding’ populations into greater aggression, psycho social agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illness.”

As I said, idk if this is true, but I do think music sounds better in 432hz

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Wait. Is that why I can't get the right Irish Folk sound out of my guitar that I'm so desperately trying to get!? I mean, Irish Folk is LONG before 1953, so the tuning would be at 432h, rather than what I'm using as my standard 440, correct?

And that being said, would I still have my guitar tuned at

E
B
G
D
A
E

But set my auto tuner to tune these notes at 432h? That's give me the more classical sound I'm trying to achieve. Am I correct in assuming this?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Very interesting, you can also use 48hz.
Video uses 44.1Khz because audio used to be embedded in the television carrier signal parsed with scan-lines:

NTSC had 490 active scanlines for each frame which meant 245 active scanlines per field at 60hz they could embed 3 audio samples per line:

245 x 60hz x 3 = 44,100hz

PAL is higher resolution but a lower refresh rate with 588 active scanlines for each frame giving it 294 active lines per field at 50 fields per second with 3 audio samples per line:

298 x 50hz x 3 = 44,100hz

But with digital video, it's not really an issue now.

48khz is nice for a lot of divisible reasons:

48,000 hz / 30 fps = 1600 samples per frame
48,000 hz / 25 fps = 1920 samples per frame
48,000 hz / 24 fps = 2000 samples per frame
48,000 hz / 29.97 fps = 1601.6 (awkward) samples per frame

Top Bottom