• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) 2nd Run Makes No Sense?

Turo602

The King of Kings
The fact is: they never promoted this game as a remake so why would anyone assume it would replace the original? And even if they said that, what does that even mean? The original is still out there, still beloved and there are people who still play it.

Words are just that: words. They can say it replaces the original all they want but there is still an original. I'm sure the Remake was supposed to replace the original Resident Evil but do I care? No. I still own the original and, if I'm so inclined, I will break it out and play it. Them saying it replaces the original doesn't magically poof any and all copies of the original out of existence.

I'm confused as to this mini uproar about wording. Wording that, to my knowledge, was never even put out there by the company itself, for that matter.

We're talking about canon. And they have yet to confirm anything about the canon as far as I know, which is why I asked for a source. Regardless, as I have stated before, I don't think it really matters at this point as has been stated in this thread already because the stories are still largely the same.

And as Jonipoon said, this is most definitely a remake. Whatever Capcom has said is just marketing bullsh*t to sell this game so they can rise above the stigma associated with remakes and remasters. Even the IGN article you shared says it, it's more than just a remake but a remake nonetheless.

But they're not wrong in calling it a brand new entry in the franchise because it is indeed a completely separate game from the original. But then again, so is the first REmake, but we at least know that game is canon.

Top Bottom