• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You're addicted to RE when...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium

... you check on the little spider you just killed to see if it has left some gold for you.
... you refuse to take more than eight letters out of your postbox, claiming that your inventory is full.
... you order a Jill Sandwich at McDonald's.
... you see Justin Bieber on TV and think: "Wait! What's Steve doing there??"
... you don't want to play the Moonlight Sonata anymore, fearing the walls might move and cause a mess in your room.
... a chair in front of a door means you can't go through that door.
... you pick up every key and read every document you find.
... you keep saying "Let's go!", "Let's do it!", "What's going on?", "What is this?", "Are you alright?" and "STEVE!!" all the time.

Go on! ;)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I must not be super addicted to RE because:
  1. I haven't done that
  2. I have stated I cannot take something because I can't carry any more
  3. I almost did that at Subway
  4. I haven't done that, but now that you mention it, he does kind of resemble Steve
  5. I actually want to learn to play the Moonlight Sonata and I want to see if it is possible to implement that kind of security
  6. I only do that when I'm feeling extra lazy
  7. Yes
  8. Yes
Edit: But that doesn't mean that the RE series isn't my favorite video game series. I play them almost everyday.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sorry, perhaps I should have explained the rules: Actually you're supposed to continue that list, not to state whether or not it applies to you. ;) (Although you can do that too, of course. :D )

It's a rather old game, so I thought it would be obvious. My mistake.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Oh, in that case:
  • You feel anticipation whenever you hear the revving of a chainsaw
  • You regard everyone as "Stranger"
  • You ask the cashier at the grocery store, "What are ya sellin'?"
  • You develop a distrust of farmers
  • You constantly tell people "Wait" and "Follow me"
  • Your friends are named Luis, Mike, and Jack
That's all I can think of right now. I've actually never heard of the RE version of this game, only the redneck version.

Edit: I thought of some more things:
  • You believe that a tube top and a mini skirt are appropriate zombie survival clothing.
  • You know almost all the dialogue from one or more RE games.
  • You have a RE-related tattoo somewhere on your body.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium

... you interrupt your work and look for a typewriter every half an hour to save your progress.
... you see a group of nuns pass by and ask yourself which one of them is Jill in disguise.
... people you talk to on a regular basis already know everything about RE although they've never played it.
... you throw rotten eggs at the annoying neighbourhood kids, hoping they will drop dead.
... you once again hit your head on the monitor trying to go to Rebecca's rescue when she's attacked by a hunter.
... you accidentally say "Microsoft Excella" instead of "Excel".

The thought of a zombie apocalypse sounds appealing to you.

You want to wear the characters outfits on a regular basis. (I'm not kidding, if I could get a hold of Jill's RE3 outfit, or Claire's and Helena's I would SO wear that.)

You read lots of fanfics because you just can't get enough.

When your friends know not to DARE mention the movies in your presence without having a concerned look of fear on their face.

When you play as characters that you don't even like. (Well, that might also be for completionist reasons.)

When you make an account on a forum to discuss the game with other fans.

That's all I have for now. :D

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ha ha, 013, were you just trying to describe me? :D Especially this:

You want to wear the characters outfits on a regular basis. (I'm not kidding, if I could get a hold of Jill's RE3 outfit, or Claire's and Helena's I would SO wear that.)

I'm not the tube tops and skirts type, but I'd like Claire's RE2 outfit too, and if I ever find Chris's green STARS vest somewhere (it doesn't even have to be my size), I'll run around with it everywhere, claiming that Chris gave it to me as a present.

You are addicted to RE when...
... after being caught smoking weed, you say you just wanted to test the healing effect of green herbs.
... you didn't learn from your last experiment and add a few red herbs this time, wondering why you are getting high instead of healed.
... you tell your teacher at school you couldn't do homework because you were too concerned about your father's G-virus infection. (It did work in Sherry's case, didn't it?)
... you suspect your brilliant female biology teacher of actually being her own brother in disguise.
... you reach Level 99 in Operation Raccoon City.
... your wardrobe is empty because you didn't find blue emblems to shoot recently.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
The thought of a zombie apocalypse sounds appealing to you.

When your friends know not to DARE mention the movies in your presence without having a concerned look of fear on their face

I actually like the movies. I see them separate universes, where as in the Movieverse, Umbrella never collapsed, BSAA was never formed, Wesker never died, and the world ended. I like to think that in the Gameverse, Alice was just a guard at the mansion who died, whereas she lived in the movie.

To tell you the truth, I was kind of disappointed that there no zombie attacks on December 21, 2012.

Back to topic:

• You refuse to believe Wesker is dead
  • You wear sunglasses everywhere
  • You tried to create a Tyrant for the science fair
  • You try to kick every door open because it's faster
  • You're a ChrisxJill, ChrisxWesker, ChrisxPiers, LeonxAda, LeonxClaire, WeskerxAda, JakexSherry etc. shipper
  • You unlocked everything from all RE games
  • You have heated arguments over whether Peter Jessop, Richard Waugh or D.C. Douglas was the better Wesker

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
-when opening a door or peering around a corner you scan the room corner to corner for enemies, ready to attack

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
....when you hear The Moonlight Sonata, you associate it with Resident Evil.
(this is an automatic for me, when i hear said tune, Resident Evil comes into mind)

*also when ever in a RE game, and there is a piano and a character plays said musical instrument, i will always assume it will be The Moonlight Sonata, there is one case when it wasn't, that case is when in RE6, being Sherry.... at the part where i play the piano to get a chip piece, instead she plays the alphabet song (tune), took me by surprise it wasn't going to be The Moonlight Sonata.

....when Headshots are the only Legit and quick way to neutralize Infectees / B.O.W.s unless they have some other weak-point.

....when Magnums (class-type of weapon) are the Anti-B.O.W. weaponry.

....when RPGs (Rocket Powered Grenade) or anything like it are to be found in a lab or tanker (ship) as a final Resort to neutralize a extra "Large" B.O.W. (this was the case on RE5, when you go up against Uroboros (Excella) ) *also in RE6, Leon's campain, the RPG next to the Helicopter*

You know you're addicted when you get all giddy whenever you hear a name that belongs to one of the characters even if they're very common.

I remember when I worked at Macaroni Grill as a hostess, I was taking reservations on a Friday night and the list was full of names like Claire, Leon, Chris, William, Steve, ect. I was in total dork mode the whole night. :D

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
-When you go trick ' r ' treating, and cosplay as Wesker, with hopes SOMEBODY will know who you are. (Nobody did.)
- When you get into a two hour argument over Zombies being able to be real or not.
- When you wish you had 600$ to blow on Leon's jacket.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
you know you're addicted to Re when everytime you see a green plant, you think of a green herb, or anytime you see a spray can, you think of a first aid spray

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
... when you play until you develop repetitive strain injury (tendinitis) in both arms. I rounded RE4 almost three times in a couple of days or so, and I got tendinitis in both thumbs, and basically in everything in between my thumbs and my elbows. :sad: I hurt and I guess I shouldn't be typing lol.
... when you drive past a cathedral and think "hmmm, they could probably not fit a Salazar statue in there".
... when you think all cathedrals look small and cheap.
... when you see a man carry away a screaming girl, and you don't just shoot him one time in the head, you empty the entire magazine into his head.
... when you tell your girlfriend to hide in dumpsters until you have checked out the area.
... when you see a raven and thinks "wonders if it hides a grenade beneath the feathers?".

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
When this is a wall in your house

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
You are addicted when:

- you try to heal yourself by deodorant
- carry no more keys than 8 ;)
- hide your keys in weird places
- collect every piece of paper/document on your way
- writing secret memo, and after that you leave it on the table
- you can kill zombie by knife, but cannot open the door with shotgun
- you try to heal your wounds by green plant
- you found a grenade in your chicken
- bought red-white umbrella
- thought about make/order a pizza in Umbrella's logo shape and colors...
- password to your computer is MOLE, SAFSPRIN or VERONICA...
- ...and login is "JOHN"
- went to Antarctica only in t-shirt and shorts :)

Popo

You take little pauses when you are going through a turn on a corridor because you are waiting for the next scenario to load.

Top Bottom