• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Your favourtite RE4 moment?

bruno

Chief Researcher
RE5.;32954 said:
yeah the knife fight was awesome, when I first got the game on gamecube I found it hard but now its all easy as pie lol. but yeah i can imagine it on pc, it must be weird lol what buttons you gotta push an whats the controls for pc anyway haha :S

I shoul get Resi4 on my laptop lol

The controls for PC are really weired:

W A S D - move (walk/run/aim)
arrow keys - camera
(1)Ctrl(R) - Run/Cancel
(2)F - command ashley/Move selection in inventory
(3)Enter - Action/Confirm/Shoot
(4)M - View Map
(5)Shift(L) - ready knife
(6)Shift(R) - Ready weapon
I - Status(inventory)

When you have to press the buttons during cutscenes/emergency, you have to press Shift(L)+Shift(R) or Enter+Ctrl(R). The problem is that, in the screen, it pops as [5]+[6] or (1)+(3), you have to think quickly.
The worse is that you have to figure out what keys correspond to the numbers by yourself. I figured it by comparing the key's effect with the playin manuals' instructions.

gimpoidtastic

Im a sucker for the QTE in the cutscenes but i do mess am up evry now and again -
how is it posssible on PC??!
surely u hav to memorise them i cnt multi task like that:
watch the awesomeness
eat
stretch if iv been playing for ages
shout encouragement like a retard
react to the prompts
AND
work out the equivalent buttons????

o and my fav bit is (as im a sucker for them) the QTE with Krauser vs Leon with knives near the end
and i seriously bumm the mercenaries
xx

Aus.Zombie

yea lol PC is hard,
For instance it says to press "3" like on a Gamecube controller yet 3 = enter on the computer... resulting in me dying many times on these parts..
yet it was great on PC :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
bruno;32993 said:
The controls for PC are really weired:

W A S D - move (walk/run/aim)
arrow keys - camera
(1)Ctrl(R) - Run/Cancel
(2)F - command ashley/Move selection in inventory
(3)Enter - Action/Confirm/Shoot
(4)M - View Map
(5)Shift(L) - ready knife
(6)Shift(R) - Ready weapon
I - Status(inventory)

When you have to press the buttons during cutscenes/emergency, you have to press Shift(L)+Shift(R) or Enter+Ctrl(R). The problem is that, in the screen, it pops as [5]+[6] or (1)+(3), you have to think quickly.
The worse is that you have to figure out what keys correspond to the numbers by yourself. I figured it by comparing the key's effect with the playin manuals' instructions.
Thanks for the info dude : )
It sounds tricky I thought you would be able to use a mouse to aim or something....

Aus.Zombie

RE5.;33081 said:
Thanks for the info dude : )
It sounds tricky I thought you would be able to use a mouse to aim or something....

No way :O

mouse aim makes it too easy like getting headshots etc the controls to shoot etc are easy enough anyways.

Lazer part is sweet :D

gimpoidtastic

Meftah;33088 said:
Wake up people!
Most EPIC scene was the introduction of Mike.
You know you are BAMF if you take out a whole platoon of zombies o.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUtynY6dJLU&feature=player_embedded

Also holds the saddest moment, when he dies *cries*

i forgot bowt that bit that is most definitely the coolest cut scene sometimes i spend days rewatching good ole mike just goin "awww yeah" the whole time.
someone eventually talks me out of it tho
>HOW CUD I FKN FORGET THAT<
xx

Ada Wong™

The part where Luis was checking out Ashley's breasts, and how she PMSed over it. And when Leon threw her in the dresser, in the house when all the zombies raided the house. She's sooo useless.... I would have handed her a gun and told her to help instead of taking up Gamecube megabites and space.

ResidentZelda

When ashley and Len were close to the dumpster and then Leon tough about jumping and then Ashley says "No way Leon" and then Leon said "way", Awesomeness! :D roflmao!

Hoady

All the cut scene button reactions and the dog maze.Those dogs were so intense lol i remember me and my mate laughing & panicking so hard the first time.Also after those dogs,after the Ada cutscene theres the next room and you have to shoot the bottle to open the door?I always liked that room gave an awesome atmosphere and figuring out the puzzle at the time was fun.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I can't pick just one favorite moment, there are so many. :)

La Femme Fatale;30860 said:
I think it's fun to throw eggs at Ashley, haha. I also like the bit in the cabin when Leon and Luis are fighting off all the ganados.
Haha, eggs+Ashley, that is so fun! (I didn't know you were that naughty? No manners eh?)
And the cabin fight was awesome. I did it multiple times just for thrills.

Another nice place was the farm at daytime. It's so peaceful after the Ganados are killed. And the hens are hilarious. One time I got two of them inside a small shack, they almost razed it to the ground. :lol: :blush:

RE5.;31028 said:
Leons Suplex is my favorite part.... When there heads exploded from hitting the floor haha awesome
Seeing the suplex for the first time was a 'wow' surprise, then I asked myself who the heck teached it to Leon?

Hoady

Romero;37944 said:
Seeing the suplex for the first time was a 'wow' surprise, then I asked myself who the heck teached it to Leon?

This man.
hulk-hogan-interview-20050701022156947.jpg

But seriously i never thought of that haha.

I just remembered one of my funniest moments.You know the room where you fight the garador and burn out the fire from the hallway with a switch?Right after that fire is a little room and theres just a dude standing on the left if you get close enough he just turns around like the biggest dope with the funniest look like he doesn't have a clue whats going on.You then shoot him in the mouth.

I don't know you really have to do it, that one bit never gets old.

Top Bottom