• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yesterday was the Memorial of Jesus Christ

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I apologize for posting this late, but yesterday, Nisan Thursday 5th, 2012, was the Memorial of Jesus Christ.

We at the Kingdom Hall celebrated the Memorial in rmembrance of Jesus, passing the red wine, which symbolized Christ's precious holy blood, and unleavened bread, which symbolized Christ's body, and we were to only eat/drink if we felt we were destined for Heaven.

1 Corinthian's 11: 24-25 - "And after giving thanks, he broke it and said, "this means my body, which is to be given on behalf of many. Keep doing this in remembrance of me". He did like-wise respecting the cup, also. After He had the evening meal, He said, "This cup means the new covenant, by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me".

Most of us believe we will have everlasting life in the next system of things - A paradise Earth, but none of us as of last night ate or drank of the offering as we didn't believe we are apart of the 144, 000 who go to Heaven to rule as joint heirs with Christ in God's Heavenly Government.

The Government that rules over the next system of things.

It was a wonderful night, the presence of God was felt in the entire building. Especially during prayer.

Anyway, I wish you all love, peace and happiness and hope people will give Christ a chance to step into your life.

Peace! :D

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I'll be at church this Sunday for the Easter service (WE'RE GETTING CHOCOLATE! W00T!) - missed today's service because there's no way Jake would let me attend without kicking off ;)

Plus they have no chocolate on Good Friday, only hot cross buns which I hate. They probably did communion, like we do quite often, but I got grape juice and bread at home so no worries there. Jake always steals my bread before I can finish it anyways...

Have to say, I've never heard of Nisan Thursday. When I first read it I honest to goodness got it mixed up with Nissan the car manufacturers for a second there. And I thought to myself, "Jesus had a Nissan Thursday? What?"

Yeah...it's been a long day...

L

Lurker
I'll be at church this Sunday for the Easter service (WE'RE GETTING CHOCOLATE! W00T!) - missed today's service because there's no way Jake would let me attend without kicking off ;)

Plus they have no chocolate on Good Friday, only hot cross buns which I hate. They probably did communion, like we do quite often, but I got grape juice and bread at home so no worries there. Jake always steals my bread before I can finish it anyways...

Have to say, I've never heard of Nisan Thursday. When I first read it I honest to goodness got it mixed up with Nissan the car manufacturers for a second there. And I thought to myself, "Jesus had a Nissan Thursday? What?"

Yeah...it's been a long day...
You go to church... for the chocolate?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Not just the chocolate. The biscuits, cakes and donuts are good too. Coffee is appalling but then you can't have everything, right?

Silverback

Moving Mountains
You go to church... for the chocolate?

lmao! My sentiments exactly.

You go to praise the Savior, not to eat all of His chocolates! :D

Even though chocolate is scrumdidilyumpsious. :D

Much love to you both. ^_^

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Hey, God made chocolate so Ima gonna eat shedloads :D

We had band practice for the Easter service and I can honestly say the chocolate bit will be the only redeeming feature come Sunday...actually, it'll be the first Easter living in this town where I've been able to get to church for it. Something has always come up before so it'll be nice to see the drama the kids have put together (even though it will suck massively because those kids can't act).

Oh, and it's not just the coffee that's terrible. The tea is just awful. Real typical church tea. Stewed with about a million other low-grade teabags in one massive metal urn for about an hour because no one can ever get the timing right and not even sugar by the bucketload can save it. I've not been to one church yet where the tea is drinkable. Maybe there's an 11th commandment I've not read yet that says:

Thou shalt make crappy tea every Sunday but no one shall ever complain out loud because no one wishes to be lumbered with the task of making decent tea.

Top Bottom