• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yes we love Canada!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I already liked Canada very much before the Olympics, and even more now. Strange what a spectacular opening ceremony and closing ceremony (and all that in between) can do to you.
If Canada was a female I'd marry her nao. :wub: :p

While far from perfect, it was good games to behold. And the Canadians we got to see was a lovely people. :)

What do you think about the Olympics in Vancouver?

tequila

Bottle Lover
They have such pride to have the olympics. I haven't really watch much that was going on, but Canada did really benefit from it. And Canada is a nice country, I've been to southeast side of Canada, which was nice.

Mr Sunshine

Romero;67290 said:
If Canada was a female I'd marry her nao. :wub: :p

I don't know if Canada is a female. What I do know is that LFF is from Canada..and female too :lol:

*Has a better look of his surroundings*

YEAH WE LOVE CANADA!!!!!!!!!!

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I love Canada! They're my neighbours from the north. :lol:

So how did everyone do in the Olympics? I haven't been paying much attention. :blink:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Wow - I'm surprised that there are Americans here expressing love for Canada... my American friends at school are only now starting to begrudgingly talk to the rest of us since last Sunday's game... :lol:

I have to say though, I don't think I've ever been more proud of my country than the moment after Sidney Crosby scored the game-winning goal in over-time. That was the best moment for me and surely for most Canadians - I would bet the 90% of Canadians would trade its 13 other gold medals for just the one in men's hockey - that's how crazy we are with our hockey.

Team Canada had a rough road up 'til then and the US were undefeated (not to mention they beat Canada once before) - so everyone was terrified and nervous all day long. The moment America tied it up with only 25 seconds left in the game gave me a heart attack, but I think that only made the winning goal that much more special.

I already liked Canada very much before the Olympics, and even more now. Strange what a spectacular opening ceremony and closing ceremony (and all that in between) can do to you.
If Canada was a female I'd marry her nao.

While far from perfect, it was good games to behold. And the Canadians we got to see was a lovely people.
I don't know if Canada is a female. What I do know is that LFF is from Canada..and female too

*Has a better look of his surroundings*

YEAH WE LOVE CANADA!!!!!!!!!!
Why do I have a feeling you guys have been doing something you weren't supposed to and are now kissing up? :p :lol: ;)

dark_zero

tremor;67308 said:
I love Canada! They're my neighbours from the north. :lol:

So how did everyone do in the Olympics? I haven't been paying much attention. :blink:

we got 14 gold medals so i think thats pretty awesome plus we are the first nation to win that many gold medals at the winter olympics

Mr Sunshine

Hmmmm..... let me check... How many medals did we get...? We got like....

NONE?!?

Oh, I see! We don't bother much with the winter sports since they weren't included in the Ancient Olympic Games! :lol:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;67304 said:
I don't know if Canada is a female. What I do know is that LFF is from Canada..and female too :lol:
And Dark_Zero and probably some more.

La Femme Fatale;67326 said:

I have to say though, I don't think I've ever been more proud of my country than the moment after Sidney Crosby scored the game-winning goal in over-time.

Team Canada had a rough road up 'til then and the US were undefeated (not to mention they beat Canada once before) - so everyone was terrified and nervous all day long. The moment America tied it up with only 25 seconds left in the game gave me a heart attack, but I think that only made the winning goal that much more special.
That was a bit nerve-wrecking. Luckily Canada was better at over-time than Leon Kennedy.

Why do I have a feeling you guys have been doing something you weren't supposed to and are now kissing up? :p :lol: ;)
Darling don't you know that it's a routine to kiss up, I have not done something wrong. :lol:
This time I killed two birds with one stone, as I kissed up Dark Zero too. :p

Fallen91;67334 said:
Hmmmm..... let me check... How many medals did we get...? We got like....

NONE?!?

Oh, I see! We don't bother much with the winter sports since they weren't included in the Ancient Olympic Games! :lol:
Was handball, volleyball and football in the Ancient Olympics? Rifle target shooting? Bicycling? :p

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
That was a bit nerve-wrecking. Luckily Canada was better at over-time than Leon Kennedy.
Canada has always preformed well under pressure. I think it really came down to who 'wanted it more'. I think the guys knew very well they couldn't lose it, least of all on their own soil.

Mr Sunshine

Romero;67354 said:

Was handball, volleyball and football in the Ancient Olympics? Rifle target shooting? Bicycling? :p

No! But we haven't done anything great in these sports too! :p Don't say Euro 2004 because anyone can win in football!

To say the truth the only sport that we have a solid base is basketball. Obviously, you can't expect much from a small ten-million country

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;67383 said:
Canada has always preformed well under pressure. I think it really came down to who 'wanted it more'. I think the guys knew very well they couldn't lose it, least of all on their own soil.
Who are you quoting??? ;)

Perhaps the Canadadian team wanted it more, but the US team wanted it desperately too. Canada fought a little bit harder perhaps, but you could easily have lost on golden goal.

But what I don't get is why Canada arranged the Olympics in Vancouver and not in a colder city. Many outdoor events was at some place called Whistler (spelling?), that was a bit in the inland but still not far from Vancouver. You could almost had the summer Olympics in Vancouver now! =]

But yeah we love Canada!

You won the men's curling, sweet revenge from the former Olympics eh? It's funny that the Norwegian team won gold last time (over Canada) and silver this time - and they are the only amateur team. When I see it this way I can accept silver lol.

But yeah we love canucks!

Fallen91;67410 said:
No! But we haven't done anything great in these sports too! :p Don't say Euro 2004 because anyone can win in football!

To say the truth the only sport that we have a solid base is basketball. Obviously, you can't expect much from a small ten-million country
You are famous for mathematics, philosophing, science, writing and basketball, and now you're good at riots too? :p
I thought Hellas had some twenty million citizens! So there's only some 10 millions. Good work rallying 5 millions for the riots then!

Mr Sunshine

Romero;67485 said:
You are famous for mathematics, philosophing, science, writing and basketball, and now you're good at riots too? :p
I thought Hellas had some twenty million citizens! So there's only some 10 millions. Good work rallying 5 millions for the riots then!

Hellas! That would be the correct name! I'm surprised you know it! I'm going to edit my location as soon as possible! :D :D

Were they 5 million? I don't know! I was on a seven-day trip to Italy with my school back then. What I do know is that a lot of people saw the protestations as an opportunity to vandalise everything. If I wanted to destroy something I would go for House of Representatives and the government buildings. Not the shops of innocent citizens.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;67519 said:
Hellas! That would be the correct name! I'm surprised you know it! I'm going to edit my location as soon as possible! :D :D
We say Hellas in Norway, I forgot I was writing in English, that's why I didn't write Greece. So you call your country Hellas?

Yesterday I actually thought about the name and I wondered why we say "Hellas" and call the people there "Greeks" in Norwegian. If we say Hellas we should call you Hellasians or something like that lol.

Were they 5 million?
Let's say it was 25 millions rioting. So I think you have bribed/imported alot of Frenchmen to help out.
26228619.gif

Nah I'm just kidding. But they were many enough to be on international news on several occasions.

But this thread is actually the place to worship Canuckland, so I sewed a flag:
canadasmilie.gif

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Romero;67485 said:

Who are you quoting??? ;)[
Perhaps the Canadadian team wanted it more, but the US team wanted it desperately too. Canada fought a little bit harder perhaps, but you could easily have lost on golden goal.

*gasp* Blasphemy! You could get banned for that sh!t, you know. :p

Losing, especially 'easily', is not an option. We have Sidney Crosby. 'Nuff said.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;67611 said:

*gasp* Blasphemy! You could get banned for that sh!t, you know. :p

Losing, especially 'easily', is not an option. We have Sidney Crosby. 'Nuff said.
Ban me? Impossible, I've got diplomatic immunity.
26228619.gif

I don't get what was blasphemy in my post, but I'd be safe even if I had no immunity. Because, who would you abuse if I was not here? I'm too much fun for you. :p

Top Bottom