• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox or Playstation 3

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I won't lie...I perfer the Wii to ALL of them...PC is better than them all, but I'm just not a fan of PC gaming...It is the best bet though...For me, Wii is best because I personally hate online play in most aspects...And the Wii has the most welcome feel to it...It has lots of classic titles that make you feel right at home, even if you've been out of the game for a while...Pun intended...It get's a bad rep because people for some reason are very anti nintendo...Idk why...But VP, if I remember right you told me you weren't a fan of online gaming...If you're not a fan of online gaming and want just sheer FUN then I really would consider a Wii right up there with the other three...It's the cheapest and in my opinion, most Wii games have more replay value than the PS3 or 360...Sure, the graphics aren't quite as great, but good graphics aren't what makes a game...And they're still better than the last gen, so we're good...

But at the end of the day, if your heart is still set on one of the others, go with a PS3...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Nice thread, many good points!

you can build a computer for pretty cheap, but it doesn't really have much support from gaming companies
PC lacks support from gaming companies - how? Almost all games are released for the PC platform... isn't that supporting it?

L

Lurker
PC lacks support from gaming companies - how? Almost all games are released for the PC platform... isn't that supporting it?
Everything. They're all like HURP DURP PIRACY meanwhile they are unaware you can pirate for consoles to. Next to me is a hacked PSP that can support homebrew and pirated games. It takes 5 minutes to hack it. Xbox has the most complicated method I know of. PS3 involves buying a 10 dollar flash drive. Microsoft actually has the best copy protection, though it's still breakable. You can even get free app store games on an iPhone. They're all just oblivious that PC doesn't have the only piracy scene.

Hoady

They're all just oblivious that PC doesn't have the only piracy scene.

Well lets hope they keep it that way because they already ruin PC games enough with that i hear. ANNO 2070? That only made people pirate the game more.

My vote is with the Xbox. PS3 imo loses because the controller is pretty much the same from PS1, i would fancy it an upgrade. Its just overall more suited to entertainment where i feel xbox is solely gaming(do people really buy movies off xbl and all? I don't see the point). I haven't played PS3 online yet but apparently it sucks, although it is free and i will be finding out soon.

Wii conquers PS3 in its tremendously amazing games it has. It is not many, but the exclusives like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and Smash Bros are just of such incredible quality . I see the machine for $150 AU brand new, thrown with other goods sometimes as well.

And computer well, it is always gonna be there and you know what you are gonna get. Obviously Technically its always going to bomb everything else.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well lets hope they keep it that way because they already ruin PC games enough with that i hear. ANNO 2070? That only made people pirate the game more.

My vote is with the Xbox. PS3 imo loses because the controller is pretty much the same from PS1, i would fancy it an upgrade.
Isn't the XBox 360 controller the same me as the XBox controller minus two buttons were moves to a different position...And PS1-PS3 being the same has familiarity for the die hard fans...And Nintendo, while NEVER having the same control scheme, always keeps the same names for their buttons...

L

Lurker
Isn't the XBox 360 controller the same me as the XBox controller minus two buttons were moves to a different position...And PS1-PS3 being the same has familiarity for the die hard fans...And Nintendo, while NEVER having the same control scheme, always keeps the same names for their buttons...
There isn't an X and Y on a wiimote.

Hoady

That is somewhat true but the very first design of the xbox controller was ridiculous, you needed to have the hands of a god to hold it. I actually still have one under my bed to use as a weapon.

duke360_1.jpg

And even holding the newer xbox 1 design, to the now Xbox 360, feels a heap alot sleeker and smooth.

Now PS3 i don't feel much difference. Now it is a simple, easy to understand design which does win favour if you are more just keeping the thing the way it is and just tweeking it here and there. But besides the levers and the obviously better smooth grip i don't get that edge the xbox controllers feel. I love all the consoles but i dunno.. xbox one engages me more.
psx_a.jpg
PS3Controller2_270x253.bmp

And that crazy Nintendo. I like all there controllers, the N64 was a wacky thing and even though someway or another they are always broken in a different way i liked it. Gamecube was another weird one..maybe its just a brainwashing thing but for some reason controllers make a huge difference as to how i feel the game..even the look of it alone. Maybe it includes the impact of the game as well. I adored PS1 but never got the same impact from 2 and 3(exception of Heavy Rain) and something turns me off from the controller now.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i actually liked the original xbox controller, used to use it to beast halo 2. although i do have quite large hands so it probably fits me quite nicely. the last one they released before the 360 came out was so nice, and felt really good in your hands.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
That is somewhat true but the very first design of the xbox controller was ridiculous, you needed to have the hands of a god to hold it. I actually still have one under my bed to use as a weapon.

duke360_1.jpg

And even holding the newer xbox 1 design, to the now Xbox 360, feels a heap alot sleeker and smooth.
That Xbox controller reminds me about some spaceship toy lol. It's too cheezy for my taste, but maybe its size and shape makes it comfortable. I like the layout of buttons and joysticks on the Sony controllers, my only complaint is that Dualshock is too small for adult hands.

Do Xbox/Xbox 360 controllers have pressure-sensitive buttons?

Hoady

Well all the buttons can jam up.I've jammed my A button and the guide button, its half clicked and feels awkward, but miraculously it can just pop out lol. I've seen that a few times. They are sensitive, so long as you don't have to mash it too much then generally they last.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Well all the buttons can jam up.I've jammed my A button and the guide button, its half clicked and feels awkward, but miraculously it can just pop out lol. I've seen that a few times. They are sensitive, so long as you don't have to mash it too much then generally they last.
I don't think we speak of the same thing. What I meant when I said pressure-sensitive, is that you push a button and the game responds accordingly. And if you press the button a little harder, the effect will increase. It is useful in games where you control a car, you can fine-tune for example acceleration/braking with the pressure applied on the button. It is not simply on/off.

Hoady

right, what noscrub said. ^^

After playing multiplayer on PS3 i have to say Xbox thrashes it. PS3 is free which is awesome but xbox is a much better online experience. Easy Navigation,Good Layouts,More options and more people have mics. Its odd to get around on the PS3, its not as smooth as the xbox, there are so many settings. But to gaming itself, its exactly the same game and i don't notice any difference from graphics,servers,lags etc. I'd pay for the xbox live over ps3 online but it still does the job. Although PS3 doesn't have ads on dashboard which is a bonus.

Jgraeme1979

Playstation as it's all we've ever owned and seems a bit silly buying another console and then using one and letting the other gather dust.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
*Wild PS3 appeared!*

"I choose you! Xbox 360!"

"Use you console exclusives!"
*Xbox 360 used console exclusives.*
*It's not very effective...*

*PS3 used console exclusives!*
*Xbox 360 took 27 points of damage.*

"Use your online support!"
*Xbox 360 used online support!*
*It's super effective!*

*PS3 used RRoD*
*Xbox 360s customer service is too strong!*

*Xbox 360 used PSN hack!*
*PS3 is confused*

*PS3 is confused*
*It hurt its self in confusion*
*You felled wild PS3!*

I won't lie...I perfer the Wii to ALL of them...PC is better than them all, but I'm just not a fan of PC gaming...It is the best bet though...For me, Wii is best because I personally hate online play in most aspects...And the Wii has the most welcome feel to it...It has lots of classic titles that make you feel right at home, even if you've been out of the game for a while...Pun intended...It get's a bad rep because people for some reason are very anti nintendo...Idk why...But VP, if I remember right you told me you weren't a fan of online gaming...If you're not a fan of online gaming and want just sheer FUN then I really would consider a Wii right up there with the other three...It's the cheapest and in my opinion, most Wii games have more replay value than the PS3 or 360...Sure, the graphics aren't quite as great, but good graphics aren't what makes a game...And they're still better than the last gen, so we're good...
Not to mention this.
  • No hardware modding
  • $110 investment for the system and an SD card
  • Can play burned or ISO files for backup gamecube and wii games so your originals aren't in danger
  • Can play modded content
  • Can emulate N64, PSX, SNES, NES, GameBoy, GBC, GBA, DS, Atari, Sega Saturn, NeoGeo+Pocket, MAME, and old school PC.
  • Can play DVDs
  • Can play video files from a USB device

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
*Wild PS3 appeared!*

"I choose you! Xbox 360!"

"Use you console exclusives!"
*Xbox 360 used console exclusives.*
*It's not very effective...*

*PS3 used console exclusives!*
*Xbox 360 took 27 points of damage.*

"Use your online support!"
*Xbox 360 used online support!*
*It's super effective!*

*PS3 used RRoD*
*Xbox 360s customer service is too strong!*