• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox One thread

Some Nights

No Shape
I'm not an Xbox fan by any means but I'd just like to say that the idea of charging a fee for used games is probably the most unfortunate gaming related thing I've ever heard. I'm not currently sold but that can change.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I'm not an Xbox fan by any means but I'd just like to say that the idea of charging a fee for used games is probably the most unfortunate gaming related thing I've ever heard. I'm not currently sold but that can change.
Its just like PC already has with Steam and just like EA already has with online passes. As crap as it is, you could still play games at your friends houses by signing in which seems to be peoples main complaint. As Gamestation closed down in my town, i've not traded games in for a couple years and usually buy games new so this doesnt effect me, however i grew up buying 2nd hand games and trading in old consoles (wish i hadnt now) so i can see the point
Anyway, i am looking forward to the new consoles, its been such a shame some of the games have been so inferior and designed around low tech for examples Skyrim and Battlefield 3 looked almost photorealistic on top end PCs but look very average on current xbox 360.
Im looking forward to the bigger online battles and persistant worlds. State of Decay will hopefully have an online massive multiplayer sequel next gen which would be a bit like Day Z. Ive never had the chance to play huge pc games or games with this much graphical detail and not only graphics but things like more going on in the worlds and huge open levels. So i would be looking forward to next gen consoles, probaly wont get it straight away though, I'll be waiting for Gears of War announcement from Epic games, or a big shooter from Epic, a new Fallout/Elder Scrolls and a new Resident evil / original new zombie game.

Onto the negative side- I dont think I'll get the new console until those sort of games are announced, i dont care for all the TV, i only watch the walking dead and occasional stand up comedy on you tube, i dont need Sky or any other crap they want to force onto me, Also kinnect is a load of over priced crap, i'd rather have a cheaper non kinnect version than all this. Also the controller looks bad, looks like a over sized heavy weight version of the current one, and i want wired not wireless Why would i want vibration IN THE ANALOG Stick. That is retarded . I will be disabling that why would i want the sticks to shake even slightly when im tryin to precision aim?
Also What is this modern obssession with making everything wireless introducing extra lag into games where split seconds count. When he was talking about a 'wireless lag free environment' i laughed!

also the actual console looks like a f**king brick! I dont know how its so big and ugly, probaly the Kinnect crap boxed up. If they can make a Apple I Book Laptop that contains more power than the xbox one about 17mm slim i dont see why we end up with a 1980's VHS machine lookalike!
Anyway all in all in looks quite good, I will only get xbox over ps if they have a new gears of war on it, or a huge new zombie game, it is the game developers and the games that will swing it either way for me, i was dissapointed i chose xbox over ps3 when they broke so much and i had to have it replaced about 4 times.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I watched the press conference and wasn't surprised at the outcome. Microsoft seems to have ditched their console being a gaming system even more now and are strictly leaning towards entertainment. Nothing about the new Xbox portrays the "future of gaming" as they claim so much. Its mostly just a bunch of software upgrades, apps, and voice commands. Are people really that lazy to get off the coach and get a remote to change a channel?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
for real i would rather have wires for ever, im not bothered about wireless or voice commands. All that means is lag, and more effort. No doubt the voice commands will fail half the time and im usually playing late when i dont want to wake people.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
I watched the press conference and wasn't surprised at the outcome. Microsoft seems to have ditched their console being a gaming system even more now and are strictly leaning towards entertainment. Nothing about the new Xbox portrays the "future of gaming" as they claim so much. Its mostly just a bunch of software upgrades, apps, and voice commands. Are people really that lazy to get off the coach and get a remote to change a channel?

yo, you'd probably understand this, the whole time they were talking about this used game fee, and the always online bull, i'm thinking, imagine what this will do for tournament play? xbox one will be completely useless for tourneys.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Bye, Bye Gamestop! I don't buy from there [often], so I don't really care. The used gaming thing is unfortunate, but I can see both sides of the argument. As for the ONE, my friends intend to stick with PlayStation, and so will I.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Tbh I don't really like the name "Xbox One". It looks cool and all, specs are basically the same as PS4 and I don't think the Kinect 2 is gonna be much better than the original.

I'll be going for the PS4 when it comes out.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
the system is a joke the names stupid the fact you have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours to play it even if you are playing a single player game the fact that theres an undisclosed fee for playing used games if the system releases the way it is without some kickass exclusives then the system will become a failure

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
the system is a joke the names stupid the fact you have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours to play it even if you are playing a single player game the fact that theres an undisclosed fee for playing used games if the system releases the way it is without some kickass exclusives then the system will become a failure
You're sig is the Legendary Otacon and Snake and shake...for that statement I want to shake your hand in that manner.
. Are people really that lazy to get off the coach and get a remote to change a channel?

Yes they actually are we live in such an age...pity..

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i am going with PS4, i am not too fond of the Kinekt technology, as i have a paranoia that the Kinekt technology is a Spy Camera :eek: but, in actuality if i had the Profit, i would definately no doubt get the PS4

looks like i will be still be on the Xbox 360 when these new next-gen consoles hit

:oops:

Jay

K.I.N.G.
yo, you'd probably understand this, the whole time they were talking about this used game fee, and the always online bull, i'm thinking, imagine what this will do for tournament play? xbox one will be completely useless for tourneys.

Exactly man. You have to pay a 40-60$ fee depending on the game to use it on another system. It looks like PS4's will be used at all tourneys now unless they come up with something else.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
And what are microsoft going to do with hours and hours of footage of gamers sat in their boxers smoking joints?
Because I really doubt the whole spy thing. Hours and hours of HD footage constantly uploading whilst silmuataneously gaming, yeah i doubt that. Maybe it reduce slightly the amount of spam, abuse and racist comments people send whilst playing online. I'm not scared of the kinnect- there will be away to play without it constantly recording. The xbox wont have the capacity to constantly record and upload video+audio. I m at this stage swaying to the ps4 camp because i like the instant rewind/upload gameplay feature that im not sure if the xbox one will have?
Im mostly an EPIC games/Gears of war player though, and also this State of Decay Massive online game will hopefully be next gen. so if they do announce Gears of war on xbox 1 i'll probaly go for that..Im planning to get the ps4 OR xbox one (not both) a few months after they launch when im sure of durability and let the cost drop a bit. I think xbox Live will is the better service with things like the chat, party and achievements but I will wait n see what the ps4 is saying with regards to that...

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
if i had my "go" buh bye Xbox and hello PS4 [even if i had not any look at the PS4's specs and all that good stuff!]

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
if i had my "go" buh bye Xbox and hello PS4 [even if i had not any look at the PS4's specs and all that good stuff!]
samesies. i'm probably really going to miss forza, and halo, and playing marvel without lag, but if it actually releases with all these b/s features mentioned itt, i can't go for it.

Top Bottom