• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Would you actually like it

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Would you actually like it if It was possible to choose with whom you want to start game with..something like choose between Ashley Graham or Leon S. Kennedy. I'd pretty like that idea. I wonder how would it be to play with Ashley being incarcerated and trying to escape whilst Leon is making a way to save you?

What do you think? I know Re4 is past now...But oh well, it's about "What if..."

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I hate Ashley probably more than any other RE character, but I think it would be a pretty cool idea to play from the very beginning from when Krauser kidnapped her, just to see what really happened.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I hate Ashley probably more than any other RE character, but I think it would be a pretty cool idea to play from the very beginning from when Krauser kidnapped her, just to see what really happened.
Yes, and to see what was happening to her meanwhile we had to play with Leon

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Not in Resident Evil 4, not really...However, if you read the Resident Evil novels by S.D. Perry I think it's an interesting idea. If you read the first one "The Umbrella Conspiracy," which is a novelization of the first game, what she does is switches throughout the whole book who you're reading through the point of view of. First Jill, then a couple chapters later, Chris, then a couple chapters later, Wesker, then back to Jill, then back to Wesker so on and so forth so you get the WHOLE scope of everyone involved, rather than just," Play as Jill, and Chris is Captured," or "Play as Chris and Jill is captured." I think a game made like that would be very cool.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Not in Resident Evil 4, not really...However, if you read the Resident Evil novels by S.D. Perry I think it's an interesting idea. If you read the first one "The Umbrella Conspiracy," which is a novelization of the first game, what she does is switches throughout the whole book who you're reading through the point of view of. First Jill, then a couple chapters later, Chris, then a couple chapters later, Wesker, then back to Jill, then back to Wesker so on and so forth so you get the WHOLE scope of everyone involved, rather than just," Play as Jill, and Chris is Captured," or "Play as Chris and Jill is captured." I think a game made like that would be very cool.
Did she ever make a novel based on RE4? Or was CVX her last one?

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
You got point there

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Playing as Ashley while Leon is playing hide and seek with Ada

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Nice idea, but... I can already imagine what would happen.

"Leon is the dumbest and crappiest character ever, why doesn't he protect me, such a stupid AI, I hate him, AAAARGH! Let's make a poll: Leon vs. *insert whoever else will share his fate* - who is the WORST bodyguard?"

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
In terms of gameplay, I think playing as Ashley up until Leon rescued her from the church would be a little boring, but in terms of story, I would mind seeing it. Like as a bonus movie in the Cutscene Viewer thing.

shadowman912

I always thought they missed out on a good mini campaign not doing this. Leons could have been the longest, then Adas, then Ashleys. Sadly though this story is probably only ever going to be told through fan fiction. I've started writing some of my own just to give life to loose ends in my own minds cannon.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
If I remember right, there was one AFTER CODE: Vernoica, however, it was an original not based on RE4. I coud be wrong though.

1 - The Umbrella Conspiracy
2 - Caliban Cove
3 - City of the Dead
4 - Underworld
5 - Nemesis
6 - Code Veronica
7 - Zero Hour

Closest thing to a Resident Evil 4 novel was Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition's digital archive, which contained a short story of the game's plot with lots of pictures, organized like a children's chapter book(?)
It's also worth noting the virus in Caliban Cove, which I believe inspired Las Plagas with how it behaves.

Top Bottom