• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Would REmake2 have the features from other classic RE games?

What features should REmake2 have?

• Total voters

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
REmake has a completely re-designed mansion,new story parts and gameplay areas, it also introduces crimson heads,Pocket knives&tasers. So i was wondering if REmake2 would have the many features from other Classic RE games? like for ex:RE0's manual item dropping(which helps with the item box clutter),dynamic fixed camera(as in the camera system from CVX),gun powder mixing from RE3 and alternate paths etc etc

I think REmake could possibly be the best RE ever if it actually does take all the best innovations from RE0-3 in account while making this remake, and considering how REmake2 probably won't have pre-rendeted backgrounds i'm sure that dynamic fixed camera is going to be there at least.

Last edited:

plant99

V-ACT
In all honesty, REmake and RE2 remake are two differant games.

Firstly, REmake was intended; mikami wanted to fulfill his vision of RE1, as he felt the original was somewhat restricted. That is why new areas exist. Mikami was satisfied with the end result of RE2; admittedly, after changing it. Mikami dosent work for capcom anymore, so i really doubt they would change a lot.

Yes, I love both the original Resident Evil (96) and the remake (2002). The original is the one that started it all and was a breakthrough videogame which still holds up today. The remake is definatly probly the best Resident Evil. The crimson heads, needing to use the fuel and lighter to incinerate the bodies so they don't come back. Great game.

I hope Resident Evil 2 remake delivers with more gaming aspect similar to how 1 was increased. It obviously will be a longer campaign, and I hope its in the style of Resi 2, rather than being a 3rd person like 4-6.

The enemy boss that popped out of Ben in the cell, I think there should be a whole bunch of them. Like, if you kill a zombie, you should do something to finish him off before one of those things hatch from them. That's just one idea I was thinking.

And will it be 4 scenarios again? or 2 giant ones. And will there be a bigger Ada Wong or Sherry Birkin segment, or even a special Hunk campaign. So much potential. 2 is already a classic, and the remake wont take anything away from the original, just add a whole new experience for us.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
There was a rumor that RE2 Remake might end up having 3 different camera angles, first-person, third-person and of course the legendary fixed camera.

Last edited:
Top Bottom