• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Would a No Kills run be possible for this game?

Greenapple968

I'm very much into unique challenges and I've seen a couple for this game such as speedruns and knife only runs. I myself love doing No Kills runs and have done so for various Tomb Raider games (say hi to me on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenApple968?feature=mhee.)
I wanted to do a No Kills run for this game but the problem I've encountered is that the kill satistics at the end of each chapter show the number of enemies that were killed and not the number that were killed by you. For example, if an enemy throws dynamite at you and it blows up five enemies, the satistics will say that five enemies were killed despite them not being killed by you. My question therefore is this: is there a way we can avoid killing them and stop them from accidentally killing each other while completing the game? Thus making a No Kills run possible?

Just so that we're clear, a No Kills run isn't a playthrough where you do 0 kills; it is a playthrough where you only do mandatory kills. So it's not an issue that there are some forced kills in this game.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Hmmm, I think this would be very hard to do. Try tricking the AI in throwing it in the wrong directions.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't know if it's possible, perhaps it is if you're incredibly lucky. But it will be a trial for your patience.

L

Lurker
Hmmm, I think this would be very hard to do. Try tricking the AI in throwing it in the wrong directions.
That would involve way too much effort. I don't believe it is possible, and even if it was it would take way too much effort.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The Cabin part would a be a real b***h to get through also Luis kills some people there too so that might add to the statistics, plus the enemies who carry keys, trigger cutscenes, kidnap Ashley and what not. I think it would be possible but considering the amount of non optional kills in the game, it would be likely that they would add to the statistics, plus if you're going to upload it to YT you'll get a lot of comments saying you did get kills lol. Just what I think.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
If it proves impossible or too difficult to get zero kills except the mandatory ones, it could be fun to compete and see who can get the lowest number.

Greenapple968

It may prove to difficult and frustrating but when it comes to videogames I'm usually committed enough to keep on trying until I succeed. I'm currently unable to try this but when I can I look forward to it.

AgentZero

It may prove to difficult and frustrating but when it comes to videogames I'm usually committed enough to keep on trying until I succeed. I'm currently unable to try this but when I can I look forward to it.
I just made a chellenge for this. If you wanna particapate, feel free to find the thread located in the RE4 part of the forums

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I might just take you up on that...
I tried the same in another game (Grand Theft Auto San Andreas), and I ended up killing more than 2000 people in less than two days. o_O

On my first RE4 play-through, I killed 2789 enemies. But I tried to kill as many as possible haha.

AgentZero

I tried the same in another game (Grand Theft Auto San Andreas), and I ended up killing more than 2000 people in less than two days. :confused:

On my first RE4 play-through, I killed 2789 enemies. But I tried to kill as many as possible haha.
I made a challenge, no one has competed yet though :(

Greenapple968

One big problem might be the bit with Mike. When he's in the helicopter he shoots a lot of enemies and that surely registers on the satistics. Best do that bit as fast as possible. If you unequip your guns so that you're just carrying the knife you will run faster, that might help.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
One big problem might be the bit with Mike. When he's in the helicopter he shoots a lot of enemies and that surely registers on the satistics. Best do that bit as fast as possible. If you unequip your guns so that you're just carrying the knife you will run faster, that might help.

I never noticed a difference in running speed, but if there is a difference it's faster to run empty handed, or with an egg or grenade in your hand. Equipping the knife isn't helping you run fast. The knife also means you have to keep another button pressed all the time.

Greenapple968

I never noticed a difference in running speed, but if there is a difference it's faster to run empty handed, or with an egg or grenade in your hand. Equipping the knife isn't helping you run fast. The knife also means you have to keep another button pressed all the time.

Sorry I got a bit muddled up. Yes, it's fastest to run empty handed or with a grenade. I don't know what made me think it was with the knife.

Top Bottom