• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst game/comics to movie adaptations?

Worst adaptation ever:

• Street Fighter (1994)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doom (2005)

• DOA: Dead Or Alive (2006)

• Alone in the Dark (2005)

• Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)

• Dragon Ball: Evolution (2009)

• Other (name it,please!)

• Total voters

sbr999

We all know that Hollywood love to re-imagine things. And usually it turns out really bad.
Especially when the end result barely resembles the source material: different genre, different setting, significantly changed story-line, new characters, etc.

There's not enough space in the poll to make a complete list (obviously xD), so I just included the very worst ones.

What's your top list of worst adaptions?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
The latest Street Fighter flick probably strikes me as being amongst the absolute worst; so dull, so little to care about, and Bison was Irish. Irish.

I bought Mortal Kombat on DVD recently - yikes. Great mickey-taking material when watched with an equally critical non-fan, but not one I'd race to watch again. The two Final Fantasy CGI films probably rank up there as being the most painful to watch for me, though.

Max Payne and Hitman mustn't be forgotten, either! I'll probably give those two another chance once I've exhausted my current reserve of 'to-watch' DVDs.

Silent Hill movie <3

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The latest Street Fighter flick probably strikes me as being amongst the absolute worst; so dull, so little to care about, and Bison was Irish. Irish.
Oh man...I'm a HUGE Street Fighter fan...Nearly as much as RE...And In all honesty...I think SF: Legend of Chun-Li actually turned out better than most lower budget video game films...I mean...Chun-Li was true to her character as far as attitude goes, even if not in looks...Balrog was PERFECT, Vega was...Iffy...Gen was too young, but even so, he was played really well...Bison I'll give you...Not only was he Irish, but he just wasn't bad enough...Charlie was done really well too...He wasn't in previous games as a playable character, but he's most noted for his role in the anime adaptations of Street Fighter II...

I voted House of the Dead...That had to be the WORST of all the video game movies out there...I mean...I really can't even describe it...

Dragon Ball: Evolution would have been my next choice...I'm a die hard DBZ fan..And I was cringing through that WHOLE movie...I'm really hoping for a GOOD Dragon Ball Z movie sometime in the future...

Super Mario Bros. was one of those that was MADE to suck lol...It was supposed to be funny and cooky and not taken seriously, so I really wouldn't have put it on this list...

Resident Evil has it's moments...I won't call it bad...I just won't call it good...I give it a fifty percent, because in my opinion the first one SUCKS, the second is the best of them all, the third is AWFUL, and the fourth RULES..I'm patiently waiting for RE: Retribution...

Fantastic Four wasn't AWFUL, but it was one of the worse comic adaptations to a movie I've seen...At least IT had good acting, which is FAR more than I can say for most of the others on here...

Top Bottom