• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

With what character you identify more? and why?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I'd say me and Chris relate. Because when he sets his mind on something he doesn't stop until its finished. Also he won't abandon his friends. Which is two things I do.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
****, I've been waiting for this thread. I thought about make it the other day, lol.

I'd like to write that I'm like Lupo, but I don't know her well-enough to know if I'm too much like her. I remember that the Outbreak characters changed drastically from how I perceived them before the game came out. Speaking of which, I'd also like to be like Alyssa but... not quite. I'm too polite sometimes. The best fit for me is probably, hmm... this is harder than I thought. Jill doesn't fit either. She might dress provocatively, but I wouldn't call her flirty at all. She's kind of cold and calculating, tactical. I'm not Leon, not Chris. Maybe Claire, but I think the BEST fit is Ada because of her mysteriousness behind her flirty facade.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Leon from 2 & 4

from 2 because he's got about as much luck as i have on my first day on the job.

We have the same taste in women also... dark, sexy...smart.. knows how to handle herself.

re4

Well, it just got better, because i also have matured, and changed alot.. a little tougher, a little smarter, got some new moves, a new jacket and still in love with that mysterious girl.

Also, the confidence from experience which brings a slight tongue in cheek comedy to tough situations in the form of one liners and quips.

not to mention, that just like Leon, you throw me into a river, i'll come out dry.

Like any real man, he isn't afraid to accept help from a good woman. <- this is what makes Leon, the smooth cat he is.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I had to think long and hard about this one...And as it turns out, it's not who I thought it would be...I think I identify most with Carlos...We're both kind of young and naive, and don't know what's TRULY going on, but we are still more than willing to do the right thing...We're also both physically fit and have great hair...I think our most important similarity is the ability to make light of our situation by always making jokes...Never really showing how worried we are and trying to build the spirit of the others...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I had to think long and hard about this one...And as it turns out, it's not who I thought it would be...I think I identify most with Carlos...We're both kind of young and naive, and don't know what's TRULY going on, but we are still more than willing to do the right thing...We're also both physically fit and have great hair...I think our most important similarity is the ability to make light of our situation by always making jokes...Never really showing how worried we are and trying to build the spirit of the others...
I agree with that one.

sadistic_greyfox

Leon from RE4, to me the rest are pretty damn serious characters, Leon's not afraid to be a smartass sometimes while maintaining a badass persona.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Leon from RE4, to me the rest are pretty damn serious characters, Leon's not afraid to be a smartass sometimes while maintaining a badass persona.
Attempt to do what Leon does in a real-world firefight, and see how long you last.

While I agree that the other characters can get too serious, I think they are usually justified. Leon's a mental-case in RE4, jumping out of windows, and spouting one-liners at people willing to skin your azz with a chainsaw.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Attempt to do what Leon does in a real-world firefight, and see how long you last.

While I agree that the other characters can get too serious, I think they are usually justified. Leon's a mental-case in RE4, jumping out of windows, and spouting one-liners at people willing to skin your azz with a chainsaw.
This is another reason to respect Leon.
His style is more desperado/lady luck than the rest.

In RE2, he gets the rub of the green when faced with overwhelming odds, by the time RE4 comes around his whole persona, is based on someone who has grown more confident and competent, whilst now of a sure as hell mindset that lady luck is deeply in love with him enough to pull him from the fire when needed..this i think explains his cockyness...

Chris is more of your Arnold schwarzenegger , whereas Leon.S.Kennedy is more your Bond type.

Leon is a cat with 9 lives.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Well it's defo not the Nazi Swastika (if that's what you're thinking :p) If you noticed it's actually facing the opposite direction. it's a common imagine In Hinduism and Buddhism, meaning various things from good fortune, The Sun, equality, eternity, abundance, etc.
Ahh, cool. It's great to realize you're not a Nazi, Greyfox. :)

I'm sorry for suspecting otherwise.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

Nobody does that in the real world but I love his personality. To me he is the most relateable while the rest are jsut pretty badass soldier like characters :p .
Now, I've never been chased by made villagers with chainsaws...But I've been in plenty of fights...And I do the smartass thing a lot...In fact that's how a couple of them have started...I don't fight like Leon lol...But the one liners thing isn't all that uncommon among cocky assholes with a superiority complex like myself IRL...It ****es people off and messes with their head...It's like a two for one deal...All the while you can pat yourself on the back because YOU know how clever you are...I won't claim I've won every fight I've ever been in...No one has...But I'll claim to ALWAYS being cocky when I'm in them...It kind of builds your own confidence if you think you're in over your head...

Felicia

Hard to say, considering I have never been in the same situation the characters of RE have been in. However I guess if I were, I'd relate to Claire more for the same reasons why she is my favorite character. She's not the typical over the top badass female, who shows no emotions. She's got a ton of will-power and strong headed, yet she's still scared. Like most of us would be, put into that situation. Her relationship with Chris, reflects mine and my brothers to the point it scares me. Also, we're both red heads... totally irrelevant.. but yeah ^^

Top Bottom