• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Will there be a Gold Edition?

predxeno

Just want to know if I should open the game now or whether I should wait for a newer version with extra features to come.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
RE5 had a Gold Edition one year of its Launch date, so RE6 might be awhile since it came out 6 months ago-ish.

Kratoz7

Well I'm sure it would release later this year. I kicked myself for not waiting to buy Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

jjnoctis

I think it is very very likely to happen. As much as the game was critiqued wrongly in North America, in Japan, Resident Evil 6 was a huge sucess. It topped sales charts and won Fitsmu game of the year. So I am sure we will see an extended edition of Resident Evil 6, They have an Anthology collection after all. I do hope to see one, I don't mind spending more money on this awesome

BeardedBushMan

I think it's almost certain that there will be a gold/ultimate edition. If you've waited this long without buying the game, a bit longer isn't going to do you any harm.

I, on the other hand, am a bit of a RE nut, so I bought the game release day and knew that I'd likely have to put out some more $$$ for dlc.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I dare say that the PC version is pretty much the Gold edition from today's point of view. But no one knows what will be tomorrow, I'm pretty sure there will be a complete RE6 edition for everyone sooner or later, perhaps even with some extras that aren't available on any platform yet.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I think the WiiU version is going to be considered the Gold Edition. I really hope they bring it to other consoles as well though. Claire's scenario alone is sure to net them some extra bucks.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
And I must ask you the second time: What is your source for that Claire scenario? You keep talking about it as if it was confirmed.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, that is not a reliable source. :( Rely on Horror consists of normal gamers just like us, none of them works for Capcom, and it openly says "Rumour" in the title.
Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right (and at the same time I hope not, because it would **** me off to know there's a new Claire game out there that I can't play because I have the wrong platform again), but I wouldn't bet on it. Fans are just desperate to see Claire again, that's why there's a rumour about her every few months, and the predictions of Jorge Bocanegra (the author of your article) are always interesting to read, but rarely come true. (For example, he thought Chris would die and Sherry would turn evil in RE6.)
When does the WiiU version come out anyway? Or is it already out?

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I might get an extra scenario if it were to come out, but otherwise, I think I'm done with RE6. I kind of get the feeling Capcom has given up on RE6 in NA, too, so I wouldn't expect to see anything worthwhile.

Top Bottom