• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Will The Gameplay Disappoint?

Lil Nuggets

The guy who spins his pencil thinking its cool
To me so far, the story seems VERY great and involving, with the addition of a new virus and characters such as Jake, but what about that important aspect a good game should have called gameplay. Me personally, im kinda going on and off about this, sometimes its good, sometimes its not so good. I've played both demos and heres my thoughts about gameplay:

Leon - The direction and base of fans Capcom is going for is clearly obvious. While the first demo proved to be a tad bit dull gameplay wise, the next demo REALLY showed what this campaign is about. Fast paced with a perfect atmosphere, not to mention the fact that you get ammo from random locations and opening drawers instead of breaking boxes, makes this feel amazing and great. I find the gameplay here to be excellent.

Chris - This is kind of funny, mainly because I loved the hell out of his first demo, but absolutely hated his second one. While some may enjoy it, I got that "fps without the fp" feeling while playing, and getting blindsided by snipers in a resident evil game isn't exactly my cup of tea. While the giant BOW fight was cool but easy, I easily see myself playing this last and probably sighing throughout the whole thing. While the story is interesting, the gameplay here seems to be a bit "too" much if that makes sense.

Jake - Lotsa people hating on this one, specifically the 2nd campaign. The most common complaint being the difficulty. I do see where people are coming from here, but if you take a 4 second look at your inventory, your'll realize your probably a good halfway or so through this campaign, AND given a **** load of ammo. A strange direction to take with a demo, but oh well. Jake's gameplay is fascinating as always, running headlong into enemies while dashing side to side. Grabbing their legs and throwing them into other enemies. This trully makes you feel like the son of Wesker. BUT one thing thats always bothered me, if your planning to play this online, and unless your a diehard Sherry fan, your probably gonna be playing rock paper sissors to see who gets Jake. Gameplay wise, he has the pure advantage, as a matter of fact, I got through BOTH demo's only using hand to hand, not shooting a single bullet. The gameplay here is nice but not perfect, and whoever gets Sherry kinda gets screwed, but some people would probably prefer her more character wise.

Sooooo what do you guys think, i'm kinda going back and forth on this one...

Jwells

Leon: 1 word amazing
Chris: Felt like i was playing a low budget TPS.
Jake: It's not bad, but it doesn't overly impress me either.

I have mixed feelings.

Even with all the negativity this game is getting from some people, this is still a first day buy for me.

Hopefully the retail version will be better

BranBran

I really have enjoyed all three campaigns so far. All three feel different from one another. About the whole ammo thing, every RE game I have played (besides the original) I have had too much ammo. It's funny cause everyone complains there is too much but if they took all that out and gave you like one gun, everyone would complain that there isn't enough. Anyways, the only problem i really had was the graphics. I think RE5 looks better than this demo. The whole police car scene in Leon's campaign is cool, but it looked kinda lame lol. I really hope they have fixed the graphics a bit more by the time this is out. Either way, my partner and I are ready! He'll be the main characters and I'll be the secondary characters! I'm so over Chris and Leon so it's good we get some fresh faces and a suppress character like Sherry all grown up! Who really thought she would be back as a playable character? Come on people. ;)

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
In my honest opinion, I'm going to say, no the game is not going to disappoint me by its gameplay. I play games for gameplay and if I can't enjoy the gameplay then I'm not going to like the game (Good story or not. In fact story really doesn't matter to me when I play a game unless I just really like it). I've played the demo and I went through all the campaigns and I enjoyed the each one. If I enjoyed the demo of the game then I'm most likely going to enjoy the full game (Unless it's short or has glitches that happen every 2 seconds.).

Lil Nuggets

I really have enjoyed all three campaigns so far. All three feel different from one another. About the whole ammo thing, every RE game I have played (besides the original) I have had too much ammo. It's funny cause everyone complains there is too much but if they took all that out and gave you like one gun, everyone would complain that there isn't enough. Anyways, the only problem i really had was the graphics. I think RE5 looks better than this demo. The whole police car scene in Leon's campaign is cool, but it looked kinda lame lol. I really hope they have fixed the graphics a bit more by the time this is out. Either way, my partner and I are ready! He'll be the main characters and I'll be the secondary characters! I'm so over Chris and Leon so it's good we get some fresh faces and a suppress character like Sherry all grown up! Who really thought she would be back as a playable character? Come on people. ;)

I see where your going with the ammo thing, I think I had about 300 handgun bullets left in RE3 >.< Also the graphics are more "real" in my opinion. Of course you don't really play zombie games for realism, but if you compare Chris's models from RE5 and RE6, he looks more like an actual person, and less like a video game character. I didn't really notice any bad graphics from the police car part, mabye I should check it out again.

Lil Nuggets

In my honest opinion, I'm going to say, no the game is not going to disappoint me by its gameplay. I play games for gameplay and if I can't enjoy the gameplay then I'm not going to like the game (Good story or not. In fact story really doesn't matter to me when I play a game unless I just really like it). I've played the demo and I went through all the campaigns and I enjoyed the each one. If I enjoyed the demo of the game then I'm most likely going to enjoy the full game (Unless it's short or has glitches that happen every 2 seconds.).

I hear ya, though i've issued my complaints about the demo, i've enjoyed them all to a degree.

Lil Nuggets

Leon: 1 word amazing
Chris: Felt like i was playing a low budget TPS.
Jake: It's not bad, but it doesn't overly impress me either.

I have mixed feelings.

Even with all the negativity this game is getting from some people, this is still a first day buy for me.

Hopefully the retail version will be better

I agree 100%

BranBran

Oh no, the character models look great. I love the way Chris looks in this vs RE5! On a side note, when what's-his-name asked Piers if Chris is always that awesome, I could see Piers saying, "Hell yea! This motherfu*ker punches boulders!" :p

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Chris - This is kind of funny, mainly because I loved the hell out of his first demo, but absolutely hated his second one. While some may enjoy it, I got that "fps without the fp" feeling while playing, and getting blindsided by snipers in a resident evil game isn't exactly my cup of tea. While the giant BOW fight was cool but easy, I easily see myself playing this last and probably sighing throughout the whole thing. While the story is interesting, the gameplay here seems to be a bit "too" much if that makes sense.
I agree with everything you said, but I agree with this particular statement 110%. The first demo of his was fun, but this one is just too over the top for me. I'm not gonna judge the whole campaign on this part alone, but it was just too much for me. The story is good though so I'll find a way to enjoy playing it. And with Jake/Sherry, I pretty much have only played Sherry so far, gotta give Jake and his hand to hand a chance.

Arachnid

Oh no, the character models look great. I love the way Chris looks in this vs RE5! On a side note, when what's-his-name asked Piers if Chris is always that awesome, I could see Piers saying, "Hell yea! This motherfu*ker punches boulders!" :p
Eh, I thought Chris looked better in RE5 honestly.

RE5
733410-367304_176796_chris_redfield_super.jpg

RE6
Chris_redfield_re6_by_ninaxleon-d4x5oic.jpg

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
How do you do the dash thing with Jake? i seen it on Mercenaries demo and tried it on the campaign demo but couldnt figure it out

Lil Nuggets

How do you do the dash thing with Jake? i seen it on Mercenaries demo and tried it on the campaign demo but couldnt figure it out

Hold down the aim button with hand to hand equipped, then hold down the shoot button. Once you see the red dot come together on their head, realease the shoot button. You can also dash side to side while running to avoid bullets.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
You can do a continuous punch sequence with jake by repeatedly pressing the attack button.
Helena can also do 3 succession hydra quick shot sequences by pressing the quick shot combo button at the end of each shot.
Sherry Birkin also has a charge attack with her stun rod, which I use to destroy javo crystillids before they hatch.

zeroskaterz92

well, every games has its own up's and down's. so i wouldn't really mind about it, as long as i enjoy the game, with the story, it's enough for me. even though certain part is irritating and i hate it, i'm still gonna get through it. honestly in any kind of games, you never hate certain segment from that particular game? don't lie to yourself.
like people used to say - games aren't perfect. nowadays, people don't usually use this term anymore, they're more likely getting butthurt over something and end up bitching about it.

i'm sure most people will gonna enjoy RE6 just as much as i do, so cheers~ :)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Thanks for the run mechanic. I already knew about the 3 punch succession Spikey i think every character does that...
I really HATE the quickshot- it was something I already did in RE5 without the need for a special 'move' to show im doing it, now i cant quickly shoot without loosing stamina AND MORE AUTO AIM. Quick Shot locks on (cringe)
Sorry i realy dislike sticky auto aim which there is far too much here- cross hairs moving around to stick on enemies
And can't repeat enough my dislike of the camera, its horrible. I dont care if it is zoomed in this close, just raise it so it looks like RE5 again. I made an image to show what im on about. I hope Capcom fix it but its pretty much guaranteed they won't, they already said they were working on the camera since the first demo and i see No progress

TomVinPrice

Mercenary
I love the new demo, Leon's was by far the best but I still like the other 2 as well.

I think the gunplay is not so good as in RE5 in ways, it lacks a certain feel to RE5 and RE4 but duel wield with Leon and quick shots with a shotgun are awesome. The melee is improved a lot! I love meleeing in RE5 and now I will do it a hell of a lot more. Few weeks left, can't wait!

Lil Nuggets

You can do a continuous punch sequence with jake by repeatedly pressing the attack button.
Helena can also do 3 succession hydra quick shot sequences by pressing the quick shot combo button at the end of each shot.
Sherry Birkin also has a charge attack with her stun rod, which I use to destroy javo crystillids before they hatch.

Chris also has a very useful 2 swipe attack with his knife by pressing the quick shot combination.

Top Bottom