• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Why was Jill a blond?

Zacmac90

During one of the cutscenes prior to RE 5, she was still a brunette and yet when you meet her in RE 5, she is blonde...what's up with that?

Mr Sunshine

Probably a hidden message about blondes.. ummm I mean it's because of the virus that continually runs through her blood because of that device Wesker has placed on her chest.

Right Bruno?

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Yeah, I belive either it's the P30 Device or the fact she had T-Virus anti-bodies inside her. Or both.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
The reason why Jill's hair is blonde is because she was in cyro stasis which caused her pigments to turn her hair blonde and her skin pale. There is a document that you can find in the game which supports this, but I can't remeber which chapter, but I am highly sure that it is in the level after the U-8 battle and the document is found on one of the big computers.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Here:

After being placed in stasis, the virus within Jill's body reactivated and soon disappeared completely due to the presence of powerful anti-bodies in her body, forged for years. Seeing this as an opportunity to make the deadly poisonous Uroboros virus less potent, Wesker continued to extract the anti-bodies from Jill's body for a period of time. Side effects of her experimentation included a pigmentation abnormality, leading to Jill's hair turning a light blonde, as well as skin etiolation giving her an extremely pale complexion.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Jill-Valentine

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Here:

After being placed in stasis, the virus within Jill's body reactivated and soon disappeared completely due to the presence of powerful anti-bodies in her body, forged for years. Seeing this as an opportunity to make the deadly poisonous Uroboros virus less potent, Wesker continued to extract the anti-bodies from Jill's body for a period of time. Side effects of her experimentation included a pigmentation abnormality, leading to Jill's hair turning a light blonde, as well as skin etiolation giving her an extremely pale complexion.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Jill-Valentine

Was that in the Jill Valentine File in RE5?

Yeah, pretty much answered already, the testing done on her caused the pigmentations to go AWOL.

I definately preferred her as a brunnette.

sliced-bread-no2

I can only wonder what the developers were thinking when they did this? Blonde hair and purple battlesuit just doesn't suit Jill. Were they deliberately trying to make her look like Nina Williams?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Was that in the Jill Valentine File in RE5?

Yeah, pretty much answered already, the testing done on her caused the pigmentations to go AWOL.

I definately preferred her as a brunnette.

That's the Jill Valentine article in Project Umbrella, i'm sure they have written it based on official texts, like the file you mentioned (and probably the Kaitaichincho guides, Archives I and II, etc.)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
That's the Jill Valentine article in Project Umbrella, i'm sure they have written it based on official texts, like the file you mentioned (and probably the Kaitaichincho guides, Archives I and II, etc.)

Right, some of it sounded familar, I just wasn't sure, it's been awhile since I read those Files. Nothing to add to it though, that pretty much explained it all.:)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Y'know, even though the answer to this question has already been given, every time I see someone ask why a character has different coloured hair, man.... sometimes I just want to quip something along the lines of 'because there's a substance sold globally that men and women use to change the colour of their hair and it's called hair dye'.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Y'know, even though the answer to this question has already been given, every time I see someone ask why a character has different coloured hair, man.... sometimes I just want to quip something along the lines of 'because there's a substance sold globally that men and women use to change the colour of their hair and it's called hair dye'.

Lol...ah Femme i love you...

Top Bottom