• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Why the Jake and Sherry story seems like a love story?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Jake had to fight for his and his mother's well-being since he was a young teenager, and Sherry was held hostage by the government till very recently. They might be in their 20's, but I don't think either of them has any real experience when it comes to romance.

I guess that makes sense. Damn kids! Helena should teach Sherry a thing or two then. -is shot- Oh... woops the fandom didn't like that one too much. ;)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I wouldn't shoot anyone if that happened, but really... HelenaXSherry? I don't know... HelenaXHunnigan seems much more fitting to me. I just can't imagine Sherry with a woman. I find her much too sweet to be sexualised anyway, but that's just my opinion.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Well, I wouldn't shoot anyone if that happened, but really... HelenaXSherry? I don't know... HelenaXHunnigan seems much more fitting to me. I just can't imagine Sherry with a woman. I find her much too sweet to be sexualised anyway, but that's just my opinion.

Hahaha no I didn't mean that! If I meant that then all of the fandom would be banging on my door with torches and pitchforks! I meant moreso becoming BFF's and maybe get some advice from Helena about all things love. She could be Sherry's little guru or something. :p

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I may be alone here, but I don't really see much 'romance' in their campaign at all (other than, possibly, the end). I think people (not necessarily you people, but definitely the creators) are misreading/mislabeling slight sexual tension as romance. They aren't the same, Capcom! XD

HappyLeech

Queen of the tl;dr
idk, I like how Shake and Jerry's ( ;) ) interest in each other was portrayed in the game. I think they're cute and I like how they are the opposite of their parents. idk. (And then there was that stupid song at the end XD)
-
And really, they have only known each other for about 4 days, so I can see the reason behind them not having a smooch.
-
They had no contact in the 6 months in China, so really, they met on December 24th, 2012, I think they were captured on the 25th, 2012 (Merry Christmas! You get to be stuck in China and tortured/tested on!) then there is the 6 month break, Jake and Sherry reunite on June 30th, 2013, and then the game ends the next day.
-
I mean, even if I was attracted to a person, I'm not going to plant one on them after knowing them for only 4 days. Then again, I also wouldn't get naked and start changing with them in the room either. (And come on, I think Sherry totally know what she was doing there. ;D )
-
(Also **** yeah to Helena/Hunnigan. I started pairing them up in my head because I hate left over people, and then it was like, 'oh wait no I actually like this'. So now the DOS/FOS crew is all paired up UwU )
-
(Wow long reply sorry XD)(And the breaks are because I hate text walls XC)

Popo

Where did you guys see that Helena was gay?
Well Jake and Sherry.. it does seem a bit forced because of that Birkin/Wesker deal, but I'm ok with it, but it's just a bit weird for me all of a sudden Wesker had a son? I don't recall hearing about this in any other RE game I've played tbh, maybe something I didn't read idk.

HappyLeech

Queen of the tl;dr
Well, this is just sortta a headcanon/ fan theory. It's not fact. I ship her with Hunnigan because I think it's cute. idk
but it's just a bit weird for me all of a sudden Wesker had a son? I don't recall hearing about this in any other RE game I've played tbh, maybe something I didn't read idk.
Oh well Jake was just introduced in RE6, so there was nothing previously. He's just a new character...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

No one knows for sure, but it's kind of like Jodie Foster. We all know she's gay, she just doesn't tell anyone. ;) I don't care either way, she's awesome gay, straight, bi or asexual!

As for Wesker suddenly having a son, yeah... that threw me off too. I can't be the only one who would've never thought he'd spawn a child. I always thought if he did he'd have some sort of creepy family fortune dealio going on where the kid grows up like an Ashford. I thought wrong! Wesker, you b@stard! :p

Wesker having a son was definitely pulled out of the ass, but I think the Birkin/Wesker thing rocks anyway because if they had children (Which they both did) it would make sense that they share the respectful chemistry their parents did. And as already mentioned their similar circumstances because of who their parents were. So it doesn't feel forced to me. I mean if Chris and Leon had children and they went through the same thing, it would be a perfect friend/ally match.

Not to mention it is a smart and thoughtful move from a literary standpoint. The offspring of two beloved legends of the RE universe coming together. It would be much more easier to accept than just some random new characters. I think that is one of the reasons Jake and new Sherry were such a success for the most part.

There was someone that said that it was sexual tension, but I think there was definitely a emotional connection as well, as some others have already pointed out.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Though it definitely came out of nowhere, I don't think the idea of Wesker having a kid is too wrong; As a matter of fact, it would kind of make sense for him to 'sow his seeds' a bit. I just think the execution was poorer than it could/should have been.

[EDIT]
I was the one who made the sexual tension comment, and while I still stand by it, I must clarify that I don't deny that there was a real emotional connection by the end.

Though it definitely came out of nowhere, I don't think the idea of Wesker having a kid is too wrong; As a matter of fact, it would kind of make sense for him to 'sow his seeds' a bit. I just think the execution was poorer than it could/should have been.

[EDIT]
I was the one who made the sexual tension comment, and while I still stand by it, I must clarify that I don't deny that there was a real emotional connection by the end.
My bad, I was being lazy and didn't scroll back up to see your name when I posted.

Top Bottom