• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Why the Jake and Sherry story seems like a love story?

USS-Vector

I have to say I was touched at the end of Jake and Sherry. Especially when Sherry put her hand on Jake's hand and the song began. Very romantic

Aleck

Biohazard
I immediately got the same impression. He was very overprotective of her and she was always protecting him too, I know she was doing her job, but they seemed like a classic, good girl/bad boy pairing to me. I think its no accident and they are intentionally made to appeal as a young hot couple.

USS-Vector

I immediately got the same impression. He was very overprotective of her and she was always protecting him too, I know she was doing her job, but they seemed like a classic, good girl/bad boy pairing to me. I think its not accident and they are intentionally made to appeal as a young hot couple.
ya i agree. maybe capcom wants this couple to be the main characters in the next generations and the RE6 might be the beginning. Also, Leon and Ada have been old enough so now it's jake and sherry's turn.

Reactions: svp

svp

I thought they were cute. especially the part where sherry gets hit and Jake says come on super girl...that was sad

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Both of Virusus

Both have Pyschotic Parents

Both Saw a bloodstorm at young ages

Both End up helping a terrorist

Both End Up in the exact same position just

Male and Female

Seems more like a mirror to me

All in all they've been through the same hell

willowsby

maybe crapcom try to please some fans who begged for romance all this time :D

Jake & Sherry is nice pairing & have good chemistry, I agree is the combination of bad boy & good girl. It's typical of hollywood romance or classic teen romance, they also have clean slate as fresh characters although their relationship is kinda too light for my taste :p

USS-Vector

Both of Virusus

Both have Pyschotic Parents

Both Saw a bloodstorm at young ages

Both End up helping a terrorist

Both End Up in the exact same position just

Male and Female

Seems more like a mirror to me

All in all they've been through the same hell
Thank you, I can get what you mean. And I think of that Sherry told Jake "Leon and Claire who saved my life become the best friends i ever had." While at the end jake said "you saved me, you know that, don't you, thank you". Seems that Capcom really did their best to make a great story. I have to say RE6 is awesome

USS-Vector

maybe crapcom try to please some fans who begged for romance all this time :D

Jake & Sherry is nice pairing & have good chemistry, I agree is the combination of bad boy & good girl. It's typical of hollywood romance or classic teen romance, they also have clean slate as fresh characters although their relationship is kinda too light for my taste :p
:D so do you like the leon-ada style? It is a little bit torturing, every time leon met ada and they wanted to stick together but they just cannot be a couple. I will say come on Ada is 40 and leon is 36 now so what do you wanna do capcom?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
After all, Resident Evil is a dramatic teenage romance series at the core. Except they aren't teenagers, but they behave like teenagers when it comes to serious relationships. I hope Jake will take Sherry's last name when they get married, because "Sherry Wesker" and "Sherry Muller" both sound stupid. However, knowing Jake, that won't be the case.

Darkness

Infected
Before the plane crash fight with Ubistanak, when Leon aggressively steps toward Sherry asking where she will meet with Simmons, and Jake pushes Leon, I was like "wellwellwell- isn't this rather spicy! It seems young Jake has grown protective over little Sherry" :cool:

Reactions: svp

USS-Vector

After all, Resident Evil is a dramatic teenage romance series at the core. Except they aren't teenagers, but they behave like teenagers when it comes to serious relationships. I hope Jake will take Sherry's last name when they get married, because "Sherry Wesker" and "Sherry Muller" both sound stupid. However, knowing Jake, that won't be the case.
Haha, Jake Brikin, sounds interesting.

USS-Vector

Before the plane crash fight with Ubistanak, when Leon aggressively steps toward Sherry asking where she will meet with Simmons, and Jake pushes Leon, I was like "wellwellwell- isn't this rather spicy! It seems young Jake has grown protective over little Sherry" :cool:
ya,jake just saved her many times during their story

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I liked the part where Jake and Sherry were on the canal, and Jake said "You're worried about Simmons aren't you?" Sherry nods, and he said "Hey, you're gonna be fine. Okay?" I just got the feeling that he really cared for her in that scene, was straight away reassuring her. :3 So cute. :3

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
You know, while playing the other campaigns (I played Jake's last), I was hoping they'd explain why Jake was so protective of Sherry, but they never did. Did they? I'm totally pro for their romance, though. I think it's cute.

Darkness

Infected
You know, while playing the other campaigns (I played Jake's last), I was hoping they'd explain why Jake was so protective of Sherry, but they never did. Did they? I'm totally pro for their romance, though. I think it's cute.
I think a large part of it is that they are pretty much the only two people currently on the planet with special virus immunities, and therefore are the only ones that can understand each other's experiences. Two of a kind. Jake is also a bit taken back by her innocence. He is used to seeing people of the world only doing things for their own selfish desires, so her idealism is a thing of rarity in his eyes. That's why he gives Leon the nickname of "hero" and assumes Sherry is trying to hire him when they first meet.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
In the files from the emblems it says that Jake's only father figure (having grown up as a mercenary) turned on his entire team, and since then he hasn't been able to trust or get close to anyone other than himself. The only thing he trusts is the money he's being paid, it doesn't matter to him what side he's playing for. Sherry is the first person that he has ever had to rely on, and probably the first person in forever that he CAN actually rely on for sincere emotional support. Like he said, "they want my blood whether I'm dead or alive", but she wants him to get out alive. So they grow close. It's pretty cute =p He's never grown close to anyone, so feeling like someone actually wants him safe allows him to feel protective of her in return.

USS-Vector

I think a large part of it is that they are pretty much the only two people currently on the planet with special virus immunities, and therefore are the only ones that can understand each other's experiences. Two of a kind. Jake is also a bit taken back by her innocence. He is used to seeing people of the world only doing things for their own selfish desires, so her idealism is a thing of rarity in his eyes. That's why he gives Leon the nickname of "hero" and assumes Sherry is trying to hire him when they first meet.
oh, I first thought that he called Leon hero as he was jealous of him coz sherry seemed pretty adored Leon. So it was a kind of irony. and i noticed that he stopped Leon angrily when Leon wanted to approach Sherry to ask about Simmons. Very cyte

willowsby

:D so do you like the leon-ada style? It is a little bit torturing, every time leon met ada and they wanted to stick together but they just cannot be a couple. I will say come on Ada is 40 and leon is 36 now so what do you wanna do capcom?

because Capcom do not have any idea about Leon-Ada things, actually I wanna see an end too & same as most fans who's getting tired for same recycling scene for 15 years, I would like to see they're ended up like Bruce-Selina in TDKR ending or if Capcom want both memorable & epic scene just kill them together :cool:

Back to Jake-Sherry
Even though there are certain hint for future romance, I'm not sure about it, knowing Capcom. But Sherry & Jake have opposite characters which made them complete each others. And for video games story, it's better have light, heartwarming, understandable & classy style romance.

Top Bottom