• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Why RE 7 is next after Zero HD (90% Certain)

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Got a little prediction after visiting: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/salesdata.html
So there are currently 98 released RE tittles with Revelations 2 being the 98th.

Untitled.png

We know that Zero HD is next so it's gonna be the 99th game, now it makes perfect sense don't you think if resi 7 is the 100th tittle?

Meg

So bin ich eben
Wait, there's been 99 RE games? I know that include remakes, but 99? That's insane!

Also, I was thinking RE7 wold be next because I figured remakes aren't as expensive as making full new games. So I figured Capcom is giving us a couple remakes (plus Revelations 2) in order to get some easier cash and hold us over until RE7.

black 93

I really hope so, but with all these rumours since 2012 and the fact that capcom has said absoloutly nothing concrete concering RE7 im starting to think capcom arent showing anything because maybe theres nothing to show. Im not saying RE7 isnt coming, i just think capcom are still trying to find that perfect balance and that these remasters and revelations 2 are them experimenting to see what to do with RE7. Maybe thats why they didnt throw a huge budget at revelations 2.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I'm thinking that they're trying to see how sales go on their older games to see what they want to do with 7. Remake ended up being the number 1 most bought digital game on the first day, so I'm hoping that after RE Zero is released, they'll continue to go in an older direction.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I think it has to be 7 next after 0 anyway, if you think about it logically. The 0 remaster isn't due out til 2016, and by then it'll be well over three years since 6. Apparently the development of 7 started as soon as 6 came out, and even if they did want to change things, they would still have the foundations to build upon, such as the characters and general story, and could still implement things that they've learned from the feedback and responses from the first remaster and Revelations 2. Another remake would also take a further year if it follows the same pattern as the first remake and 0 i.e. a year in between them. Plus, dragging out development for 7 increases the costs so they'll make less of a profit. For these reasons I think it would make sense for RE7 to be the next release after 0.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
just make it a journy we never forget....ps..sales crap gona drove me crazy! capcom jeez guys lol im going nut hearing this and i only expect worse you can call it sarcasm....

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I keep hearing of a remake of 2, I think that would make sense too since it's one of the most popular RE games, and one of the first obviously.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I keep hearing of a remake of 2, I think that would make sense too since it's one of the most popular RE games, and one of the first obviously.
Popularity means nothing in this world though. It would be far more expensive to remake 2 than it was to make RE0 or REmake, and it's also a bigger gamble. RE2 is not going to be remade in the foreseeable future...Not before 7 at least.

I really don't care when RE7 comes out. I don't mean that disrespectfully, it's just that, I'm so torn. I'm the fan that will buy a whole system, literally for ONE Resident Evil game...Hell, I've DONE that...But after playing some newer horror games, and going back and playing some of the older RE games, I don't know what to think anymore. I want our opinion to matter to Capcom, but at the end of the day, business is business, and they have to do what sells...I just wish Nintendo would buy them already..

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Popularity means nothing in this world though. It would be far more expensive to remake 2 than it was to make RE0 or REmake, and it's also a bigger gamble. RE2 is not going to be remade in the foreseeable future...Not before 7 at least.

Would the cost really be that different from making a whole new game? It could be another low-budget game like Revelations 2, maybe even that's why it was low-budget, because they were going to make another low cost game or were thinking about it. You could be right, but we don't know yet.

wayne

Would the cost really be that different from making a whole new game? It could be another low-budget game like Revelations 2, maybe even that's why it was low-budget, because they were going to make another low cost game or were thinking about it. You could be right, but we don't know yet.

Only thing resident evil 7 wouldnt be a low budget game since its the main series, i think the cost from making a new game would be more because they would have make it from scratch if its a new engine. Its easier to do a remaster because the game is already there they are improving it to todays standards. I think they are just doing all these remasters to get enough money to make resident evil 7 if they havent started making it yet. Im not against remasters like some people, i never played zero and the remake looked amazing. Cant wait for the nathan drake collection i wonder if it would look like uncharted 4.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Only thing resident evil 7 wouldnt be a low budget game since its the main series, i think the cost from making a new game would be more because they would have make it from scratch if its a new engine. Its easier to do a remaster because the game is already there they are improving it to todays standards. I think they are just doing all these remasters to get enough money to make resident evil 7 if they havent started making it yet. Im not against remasters like some people, i never played zero and the remake looked amazing. Cant wait for the nathan drake collection i wonder if it would look like uncharted 4.

I was talking about a remake of 2 being low-budget. There's really no reason for it to be so expensive.

wayne

I was talking about a remake of 2 being low-budget. There's really no reason for it to be so expensive.

Oh okay... still though i think theyd want to do it as a high budget game dont you think? Pretty sure 0 and 1 was when they remade it could be wrong though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It would be compared to just remastering 0 and REmake. Low budget or not, it's still far more expensive than just touching up existing games, because you have to build a brand new game from the ground up. And again, it's a gamble business wise...These are the type of things businesses think about. If they did every little things the fans wanted, then they'd go bankrupt real damn quick.

Mattyice26

I really don't care when RE7 comes out. I don't mean that disrespectfully, it's just that, I'm so torn. I'm the fan that will buy a whole system, literally for ONE Resident Evil game...Hell, I've DONE that...But after playing some newer horror games, and going back and playing some of the older RE games, I don't know what to think anymore. I want our opinion to matter to Capcom, but at the end of the day, business is business, and they have to do what sells...I just wish Nintendo would buy them already..
Agreed

RedPanda

4x the awesome
It would be compared to just remastering 0 and REmake. Low budget or not, it's still far more expensive than just touching up existing games, because you have to build a brand new game from the ground up. And again, it's a gamble business wise...These are the type of things businesses think about. If they did every little things the fans wanted, then they'd go bankrupt real damn quick.
It's a gamble to make any video game. You seem to think that it wouldn't be risky to make 7, but why not? It could be terrible, and given Capcom's recent trends, I'm sure plenty of people assume it will be. 7 would cost more to make than a remake of 2, I can guarantee that. Obviously a remake of 2 would cost more than the remasters, but that's why even more people would buy it. It would be a different game whereas the remaster was the same game with a new coat of paint. The remaster of 1 sold really well, and 2 has a very similar fan base, so it seems to me that a remake of 2 would be even less risky than making 7, which they'll undoubtedly do. Furthermore, Capcom's proven that they are capable of making business decisions based on user feedback. I'm pretty sure we owe the existence of Revelations 2 to that, considering the gameplay was more reminiscent of earlier works and they brought back fan favorite characters.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's a gamble to make any video game. You seem to think that it wouldn't be risky to make 7, but why not? It could be terrible, and given Capcom's recent trends, I'm sure plenty of people assume it will be. 7 would cost more to make than a remake of 2, I can guarantee that. Obviously a remake of 2 would cost more than the remasters, but that's why even more people would buy it. It would be a different game whereas the remaster was the same game with a new coat of paint. The remaster of 1 sold really well, and 2 has a very similar fan base, so it seems to me that a remake of 2 would be even less risky than making 7, which they'll undoubtedly do. Furthermore, Capcom's proven that they are capable of making business decisions based on user feedback. I'm pretty sure we owe the existence of Revelations 2 to that, considering the gameplay was more reminiscent of earlier works and they brought back fan favorite characters.
But that's not the point. The point is comparing a REmake of 2 to a touch up of existing remakes...Yes, every game is a gamble, but we aren't talking about every game...We are talking about one specific PSone game, vs, 2 Gamecube games. No other game is relevant to the conversation...

Top Bottom