• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why hello fellow RE fans.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Hello to everyone, I new here. I visited as a guest now and again, but I decided to join since they are so many conversations I would love to "butt into" LOL. Enough joking (for now anyway). I hope to have some fun with you all. I know it won't always be pretty, but I hope we can get through it. So, again, hello

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here. This forum is full of awesome people. :)

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Thank you lady and gent. Looking forward to hearing more from the two of you. Say what are your favorite RE games and characters? I am a bit of a oddball in both departments as my absolute favorite Resident Evil is RE3 and I have a soft spot for Resident Evil Zero as it was the first game in the series I got into. As for characters, my favorites or the one's I like are Sheva, Rebecca, Claire, Billy, Chris, Leon, and as of late, Sherry.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
3 and 4 are probably my most favourite. As for characters, I like Leon, Chris, Claire, Sherry and Wesker. :)

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
We have a few things in common I see. Resident Evil 3 is just so underrated by the masses IMO. It's constantly compared to RE2, but looking at it on it's own, it's the ultimate survival horror game.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Hello there and welcome. Nice to see someone else who considers RE3 even though you don't like RE6 which is a shame but as long as you don't express hate it's fine by me. RE3 and RE6 are my all time favorites.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Hello there and welcome. Nice to see someone else who considers RE3 even though you don't like RE6 which is a shame but as long as you don't express hate it's fine by me. RE3 and RE6 are my all time favorites.
Yes, I am a oddball indeed. Most people say ReMake, RE2, or RE4 is their favorite and that's great, but RE3 is it for me (wish I could play it today tbh). No hate or love for RE6, never played it so can't really feel either.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
For me it was far too linear, I like games where I can explore for myself, backtrack, have to come back later, etc. It was too much shoot to progress for me, rather than having to think of ways to move forward.

EDIT: However, I loved the story of RE6. :)

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Your first reason is why I like Resident Evil Zero so much. I don't mind backtracking thus the item dropping mechanic was not a big deal. I liked being able to explore the train, training facility, etc.

As for being linear, based on the playthroughs I watched, yeah the game seemed to have a big problem there. That and the fact that the gameplay mechanics seemed all over the place.

The overall story of RE6 I thought was ridiculous (A man in love in Ada is what caused all of this?) but I thought the way some of the characters were presented was great. Chris finally wasn't stiff for once, Helena was a good character IMO, Sherry's return was treated ok (could have been better, but could have been worse too), and Jake's character development, no matter how typical it was, was nice to see in a series not exactly known for its character development. I personally thought Piers was average, and Leon and Ada were just stiff and boring in this game.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You seem to be a fun person. (And one of the few that we actually see again after they made their introduction post). I had some underworld business to take care of during the last few weeks, so I know I'm late, but still: Welcome to the forums!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Welcome SkinniMini! I agree with Hel you seem to be a fun person and I think you'll feel like home here. :happy:
Very nice avatar.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Thank you Romero for both the welcome and the compliment on the avatar. Yeah, I wish I could take complete credit for it, but I got it off of someone's deviantart page. Still I like when people give Rebecca long hair in their pictures (yes I'm a fan of the character) and the color in this one was nice too, so I had to "borrow" it LOL.

Oh, you a fan of Dallas? Did you watch the newer seasons? I think they are pretty good myself.

Top Bottom