• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do some characters take longer to turn into zombies than others?

Zacmac90

Brad turned into one in 24 hrs, Edward did in less than 24 hrs...etc

Does being injured accelerate the process and if you committed suicide would that prevent turning into a zombie

Professor X

Committing suicide wouldn't prevent you becoming a Zombie unless:

A: Your head was destroyed.
B: You broke your neck.

Having said that though, in REmake theres a corpse in the Guardhouse hanging from the ceiling via a noose, and he becomes a Zombie.. Theres also a suicide note underneath the "self-defence gun"... If he didn't die by his neck breaking - what killed him?

Other than that, it probably depends on your immune system and how healthy you are. Maybe the healthier you are, the longer the infection takes to fully take over.

CapcomGirl

Yo bine de Kombate Mortal
Committing suicide wouldn't prevent you becoming a Zombie unless:

A: Your head was destroyed.
B: You broke your neck.

Having said that though, in REmake theres a corpse in the Guardhouse hanging from the ceiling via a noose, and he becomes a Zombie.. Theres also a suicide note underneath the "self-defence gun"... If he didn't die by his neck breaking - what killed him?

Other than that, it probably depends on your immune system and how healthy you are. Maybe the healthier you are, the longer the infection takes to fully take over.

Does it also depend how old you are?Because kids are younger and the infection might take over their bodies faster.

Professor X

Does it also depend how old you are?Because kids are younger and the infection might take over their bodies faster.

I'd of thought so. A childs/infants immune system isn't as developed as an adults.. So that would mean their immune systems aren't as great at defending against diseases and virsus', ect.

So yeah, a child or infant, atleast to my understanding, would become a Zombie within minutes. Their immune systems wouldn't put up much of a fight against such a powerful virus.

I'm still confused as to why that hanging corpse in the Guardhouse re-animates, assuming the neck of said corpse has snapped. I mean we all know Capcom put it there to be scary, and it served it's purpose well, but as far as the storyline goes...

Zacmac90

Are we talking about little kids or teenagers, either way they're usually the first to become zombies.. scary thought

Zacmac90

I'm sure just like adults, it varies...so since kids turn faster, I guess older people must turn faster too since a lot of people get sicker more often when they reach old age

Professor X

I'm sure just like adults, it varies...so since kids turn faster, I guess older people must turn faster too since a lot of people get sicker more often when they reach old age

Agreed. Maybe the virus would flat out kill senior citizens outright, especially if they had poor health to begin with?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Some turn into zombies sooner for plot purposes. :p

But seriously, it probably just has to do with your immune system and the specifics of your genetics. (I also think that it might have something to do with how you were infected - I think being bitten results in a quicker change than if you're infected by the airborne virus.)

Professor X

Some turn into zombies sooner for plot purposes. :p

But seriously, it probably just has to do with your immune system and the specifics of your genetics. (I also think that it might have something to do with how you were infected - I think being bitten results in a quicker change than if you're infected by the airborne virus.)

Agreed on all points. ^^

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
He got pecked to death by mutated Crows, so it was the Crows that infected Forest.
Exactly - or at least that's one of the most common of theories. (There's also another one that maybe he was bitten/attacked by a zombie and stumbled onto the balcony for refuge and was then attacked by the crows in his weakened state.)

To me it seems that the people infected in Arklay by the airborne virus took longer to turn into zombies than others. The diaries found throughout the mansion indicate that it took days, maybe weeks, for the scientists to turn but being bitten seems to only take hours, mere minutes in some cases.

LordGolbez

I'm still confused as to why that hanging corpse in the Guardhouse re-animates, assuming the neck of said corpse has snapped. I mean we all know Capcom put it there to be scary, and it served it's purpose well, but as far as the storyline goes...

I Don't Think The Snapping Of The Neck Prevented Him From Coming Back. The Way I Saw It Was That Him Hanging Himself Killed Him As A Human But The Virus Still Had Access To The Brain Fluids And Such, So The Virus Took Over Control And He Was In Some State Of Hibernation Until The Rope Broke And Could Be Free.

Professor X

Exactly - or at least that's one of the most common of theories. (There's also another one that maybe he was bitten/attacked by a zombie and stumbled onto the balcony for refuge and was then attacked by the crows in his weakened state.)

There were many Zombie's roaming the darkened halls of that mansion, so it's a possibility.

To me it seems that the people infected in Arklay by the airborne virus took longer to turn into zombies than others. The diaries found throughout the mansion indicate that it took days, maybe weeks, for the scientists to turn but being bitten seems to only take hours, mere minutes in some cases.

Indeed. Regarding the "Itchy, Tasty" diary (I'm sorry, I've forgotten it's actual name, could have been Researchers Diary) I think it took the guy about a week to become a Zombie, after wearing that strange "space suit" he recieved from Steve.

Then you realize the guys become a Zombie, and he's just standing there in his wardrobe, lol.

Top Bottom