• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Who is the real villain in Resident Evil 6? *spoilers?*

spacechan

sexy beast
Is it Simmons, or Carla?

At first, I was so sure it was Simmons, and when "Ada"(Didn't know she was a clone back then, I also thought she was a zombie because of the tape, ahaha) made Simmons into some weird huge ass dinosaur-fly zombie, I was like, yes he deserves it!

Then when I played Ada, I realized that she has a clone, the part where she overheard Carla talking to Simmons, Ada said something like "What did Simmons ever do to you?" So I started doubting and got confused.

Who is the real mastermind/villain/evil person in this game?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'd say it's Carla. Simmons isn't really a threat to the world; he killed the president, yes, but he only did so to keep Benford from telling everyone the truth about the virus stuff. His plan is not, and never was, to destroy the world or become the most powerful person in it. He "only" wants everybody to play by his rules, his attitude is rather shelfish, but at least he doesn't run around and kills without asking questions like a certain woman.

Carla is also the only non-playable character who appears and plays an important part in all four campaigns; Simmons is mentioned twice in Chris's campaign, but never appears in person, and he's not really a topic for Ada either until she goes after him in her very last chapter. (He seems to be at first, but then we find out it was actually Carla who talked to Ada all the time.) Carla, on the other hand, seems to be omnipresent and has a hand in everything.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm definitely throwing my hat into the 'Carla' ring. Sure, Simmons was a dickbag, but Carla caused and relished in much of the chaos that ensued throughout the game. That makes her the 'real' villain in my book. Or at the very least the worse of the two.

HappyLeech

Queen of the tl;dr
I'm pretty sure it was Carla. At first, she was just you know, probably happy to believe that she was Ada. But then I assume she found the recording of Simmons after her transformation, and the video, and realized what was up.

As far as I know, Simmons was only responsible for Tall Oaks, while Carla was involved with both Edonia and China...and possibly also Talk Oaks. And she was definitely the only one of the two making HAOS. She does call it her pet project/baby/what have you. I doubt Simmons would have agreed to a plan that involved everyone dying, when he would rather just have everyone playing by his, and the Family's, rules.

I figure that before Edonia, she figured out what Simmons had done to her, so she planned to grab and take Jake and Sherry to make the virus even worse/ create HAOS without Simmons knowledge. I then think she faked working with Simmons until Tall Oaks and until Ada told her she knew the Simmons on the phone was Carla. I think Simmons knew Carla wasn't really working with him when Ada called, and that's why he rushed to China in a hurry, to try and stop her/take control over her.

...wow okay, long paragraph :p
Anyways, I think Carla's the real bad guy. Simmons was a starting point, and he was the main bad guy for Leon and Helena, but he was more...idk, take control over the world, where Carla was destroy the world. And I'm sure Simmons didn't mean to make Carla bat**** crazy, and he probably would have preferred not killing the president/bombing Tall Oaks, but e though he was threatened, so...
(wow sorry for the essay haha)

Hiham

Carla thought Simmons was gonna betray her, even though Simmons only "loved" her, cause he wanted an Ada clone that only loves him. That's why she betrays him, and works on bigger things than Simmons.

Top Bottom