• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Who has made the vital mistake?

B.Martin

Played through the game thinking "I'll save it as far in as possible" then after a few hours game play made a mistake and died?

B.Martin

Well Claire now owes me multiple hours of my life back! All the way up to that dodgy thing that rips chief irons apart, then suddenly I forget I don't have the grenade launcher. Then I realise I've been waiting to use the mixed herb until I was on 'danger' problem was... I realised to late and was covered in those little bug things. Pretty gutted to be honest, I've been playing it all evening :(

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've found that the anger I feel in a situation such as this, stumps my aching need for an 'A' rank and so I save whenever there's even the slightest chance that I might kick the bucket.

B.Martin

I forgot what came next to be honest or I'd had saved in the secretary's office place and whipped out the G.Launcher. Problem is not you do it all again tomorrow? Probably not, will have to wait a few weeks now I think to forget the trouble I've just caused myself!

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I've never really had the problem. I save to where I only have about one or two in the end because I dislike redoing stuff. In this game only time I made a mess up was on my way to the final boss I thought I had more health then I did and got killed by two nude zombies.

Mr Sunshine

Ironically it happened to me once and it was in this game! I was about to finish the RPD when I faced a licker on the second floor of the hall. Had the brilliant idea of conserving some ammo by using the handgun on it! My saves at that point were zero..

Nowdays I'm always saving states on my emulator! :p

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
I put my handgun in an item box to make room for my shotgun. I ran out of slugs all to fast and I had to take on a few lickers with a knife. You can imagine how well that worked out.

YOU ARE DEAD
Continue?
Yes No

Painted_Wraith

I faced a licker on the second floor of the hall. Had the brilliant idea of conserving some ammo by using the handgun on it!

I once loaded up on health and killed one with a knife. Took me a while, but I was bored and just wanted to mess around. haha

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
That has happened many times on me. It's why I pretty much stopped playing the game/s for long periods because I'm in no mood to do everything again. Now however, I save at regular intervals so I wont lose a lot of progress.

hangar40

It happened to me once. I was playing with Claire in the second scenario in hard mode. My goal was to finish the game with number of saves equal zero. I was doing pretty well but during the fight with William Birkin in the elevator to the lab I miscalculated my health and died. I didn't feel so good that time XD.

sbr999

Leon A -hard mode: I tried to get A rank, so I didn't save.
At the G4-William fight, I got stuck in the corner, and kept taking damage until I died.
-->Rage quit

The_Green_King

when i was a wee youngster i use to HATE the fact that you had to restart if you died. it still irritates me, but thats what really makes the game survival horror.

Jakeykins18

Useless
Haha this happened to me on three before, the Nemesis fight on the train ****ed me off so bad, I was on hard with no health and only a pistol. I cant even count how many times i redid that ****.

undergroundx

I've beaten resident evil 2 so many times, one of my favorite games ones outta the series, HUGE RE game fan. One time actually just recently a few days ago to be exact, I was playing Claire Scenario A On Arrange Mode just so I could get the hang of it since I usually do Leons, which I can do without saving and have it memorized. But I got to the part where Sherri gets sucked through that vent when you enter the sewer, and then you have to go up that ladder, and run down that round spiral walkway where those random bugs attack you. Well I was trying to run through it without even killing them, since its a waste of ammo, that and she doesn't have any, so I tried running through and I ended up getting bit, then kept running again, got bit again and died. I was pretty mad. I finished Claire A today. Now I'm gonna try both leon/Claire in normal which is hard for the us version if i'm not mistaken.

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
yeah happened to me once playing on claire disc... was halfway through... then boom i died... that day i almost went insane ^^

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I hate it when your save rate factors into your overall rating for the game. I don't know about other countries, but here in Scotland the electricity feeding the console (and everything else in the house) is taken from a big box with loads of trip switches, and you buy the amount of electricity you want and insert a key (key has to be filled with credit at a store). This means the electricity often just cuts out, so I save often so I don't lose data, which then leads to a lower overall rating.

Damn power companies, if the oil corporations weren't intertwined with Government, maybe we'd have more renewable energy, and I wouldn't have to worry about powercuts so often :(

Aurelius

Yup. Sewer ventilation. DAMN YOU COCKROACHES!!!
... Speaking of which and I don't know if it was a glitch or not: I was playing the N64 version of RE2 and was doing a speedrun with the invincibility and infinite ammo cheats active. I got to the vents as Sherry and couldn't shake them off and died. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Top Bottom