• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which Weapons Do You Use For Boss Fights?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1428
  • Start date

Neo

I woulnd't use the Striker on Salazar though as the Firepower is greatly diminished because of the distance.

Dos

-TMP and occasionally whatever shotgun I have against the El Gigantes..

-TMP and handgun against Mendez, as well as Grenades...you can't really get close enough (without him belting you anyway) for the shotgun or riot gun to be very effective.

-In the two Garradors room, I use the rocket launcher you pick up in Ch. 3-3 and shoot it between the two Garradors...on normal, the unarmoured one will be killed and armoured one will only take a couple rifle shots to his Plaga to be killed. On professional, neither of them die but both will be badly damaged and only take 4 or so shots each to the Plaga to be killed.

-Verdugo..rocket launcher bought from Merchant in the spike pit, after freezing him of course. Even with freezing him with the LN2 first, you just use way too much ammo with the normal guns (even the Butterfly) to justify the waste!

-Salazar...A few Broken Butterfly shots to the swollen eye follwed by a rocket launcher bought from the merchant..on normal this finishes him off, and comes very close to doing so on professional.

-U3...if I can afford it, a rocket launcher...on normal it kills him and in pro leaves him in a near death state.

-Krauser..Broken Butterfly and knives...no point wasting the other ammo with that arm shield of his, and he's very vulnerable to knife attack.

- Saddler...rifle the eyes on his legs, use the crane thing to smash him, and Broken Butterfly and also Striker if I get close enough. And the special launcher obviously, when it is thrown.

:)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Nemises;53709 said:
blacktail
Do you use that peashooter on bosses? :confused:

Nosophorus;53746 said:
Wow, I usually use a shotgun for el gigante, and either killer7 or b. butterfly for the rest.
On the first gigante I use the shotgun, but only because the TMP is so weak that early on. When the TMP is upgraded some more, I find the shotguns's rate of fire too slow for slaying a giant. The TMP can deal more damage quicker.

aintnoscrub;53745 said:
i stick to the pistol and shotgun throughout the whole game.
But the bosses, what about them?

Levan;54431 said:
TMP = dead Gigante. I'd rather use up TMP ammo than fire on the big guy's parasite with the magnum.
Same here. For large enemies like gigantes I use the TMP.

For smaller bosses I use other powerful weapons. I never buy a RPG, the one I get for free is for Verdugo.

Jess

for the first round TMP realy helped me a lot since I wasn't used to aiming TMP just kept it in one spot for a while

Leonhart

This how I personaly kill El Gigantes in RE4 (Village)

First throw Flash Grenade, he will stun for a few sec.
Then shot with TMP about 50 round, then the plaga will come out
shot with shotgun 4 or 5 times on the plaga(100% K.O)
But usually El Gigantes will recover his plaga after take 2 or 3 shot, so I always prepared 2 Flash Grenade, 100 round TMP, and couple shotgun rounds.

Revenantjack_2.0

Whoa, you guys really have good strategies.

As for me, I prefer to use shotguns almost all the time during boss fights. When I run outta ammo, I'd switch to grenades. Then will use whatever weapon that is available at that moment.:lol:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Revenantjack_2.0;65052 said:

As for me, I prefer to use shotguns almost all the time during boss fights. When I run outta ammo, I'd switch to grenades.
I can easily see you run out of shells if you use shotgun almost all the time. Unless you are really close you are going to waste alot of firepower. (Unless you have the Shotgun with the exlusive upgrade.)

Revenantjack_2.0

Yea, I don't really use any strategies :p, I just use whatever weapon available at that moment. But I prefer to use the shotgun most of the time. Just run and gun, that's my style. Heh.. this style of gameplay got me stuck on the twin El Gigante boss fight though...:pinch:

OT:I already finished the game on Normal though. I don't think I'll be playing the Professional mode anytime soon. Since RE5 already came out for quite a long time, and the announced Gold Edition is coming soon, I'm just looking forward to get me a PS3. Hopefully I can get it this year!

Dos

Revenantjack_2.0;65153 said:
Yea, I don't really use any strategies :p, I just use whatever weapon available at that moment. But I prefer to use the shotgun most of the time. Just run and gun, that's my style. Heh.. this style of gameplay got me stuck on the twin El Gigante boss fight though...:pinch:

OT:I already finished the game on Normal though. I don't think I'll be playing the Professional mode anytime soon. Since RE5 already came out for quite a long time, and the announced Gold Edition is coming soon, I'm just looking forward to get me a PS3. Hopefully I can get it this year!
Yeah you'll definitely want to work out gun-specific strategies if you ever do attempt professional. If you just 'run and gun' you won't get very far on professional, be assured of that!

Revenantjack_2.0

Dos;65161 said:
Yeah you'll definitely want to work out gun-specific strategies if you ever do attempt professional. If you just 'run and gun' you won't get very far on professional, be assured of that!

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll attempt pro.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Whatever I feel like using... I recall using Butterfly and rocket launchers frequently. Everyone else gets the good 'ol Striker. 'Ol faithful... 100 rounds baby! TMP otherwise. -_-

Dos

Revenantjack_2.0;65176 said:
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll attempt pro.
Just quietly, kick and then knife opponents in pro wherever possible to conserve ammo. There are some scenes that you can easily run out of ammo in if you haven't conserved properly beforehand...for example, the cabin fight in 2-2, the water room in 3-1 and the military area at the start of 5-4.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Dos;65217 said:
Just quietly, kick and then knife opponents in pro wherever possible to conserve ammo. There are some scenes that you can easily run out of ammo in if you haven't conserved properly beforehand...for example, the cabin fight in 2-2, the water room in 3-1 and the military area at the start of 5-4.

What he said. Melee attack are your best friend in this mode. The suplex is really badass when you manage it.

Dos

So I just realised something...

The Mine Thrower, when exclusively upgraded, is meant to shoot heat-seeking mines that home in on an enemy- they will usually hit and latch on to them somewhere in the stomach/chest area.

But has anyone ever tried using the Mine Thrower on Verdugo? I was mucking around just before, attempting to do this- I shot no less than five mines at Verdugo when he was directly ahead. In other words, I couldn't possibly miss from there, with the the homing capability of the mines and all.

But guess what? Miss I did. The mines didn't seek him out at all...they just harmlessly floated past him and embedded in the wall well behind him.

So what is this about? Is it perhaps that exoskeleton he has, does it block out all heat emissions from his body as well as making him virtually bullet-proof? And just exactly what on earth is Verdugo? A former mutated human? A former mutated insect? A pure plaga? Something else?

Top Bottom