• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which next gen console are you purchasing for RE8?

What are ya buyin?

• PS5

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Turo602

The King of Kings
I repeated multiple time that Microsoft is doing better service whit game pass, and that it was a mistake of mine regarding backward compatibility, i never downplay it
I only responded to jen downplaying of ps now and ps5 backward compatibility

Why don't you go back on Twitter downplaying everything you don't like and calling people idiot or else whit no reason XD?

She wasn't downplaying anything. What she said was 100% true, but you can't help but find a way to defend Playstation from someone saying anything like "I'm getting Xbox because of backwards compatibility" or "PS Now isn't real backwards compatibility." You talk without knowing what the hell you're talking about. I figured after your tantrum you would have wised the hell up, but you're back to your usual nonsense.

I expect better from people on forums, but you're no different than all the idiots on Twitter. You speak before you think or you purposely say nonsense just to avoid taking the L. You're wrong like 90% of the time, start learning to be humble.

D

Deleted member 21244

She wasn't downplaying anything. What she said was 100% true, but you can't help but find a way to defend Playstation from someone saying anything like "I'm getting Xbox because of backwards compatibility" or "PS Now isn't real backwards compatibility." You talk without knowing what the hell you're talking about. I figured after your tantrum you would have wised the hell up, but you're back to your usual nonsense.

I expect better from people on forums, but you're no different than all the idiots on Twitter. You speak before you think or you purposely say nonsense just to avoid taking the L. You're wrong like 90% of the time, start learning to be humble.
You're no batter, i saw how you act on Twitter, don't came here telling me how i should act when you're the first one doing **** around

If you re really are a better person than the people you call idiot on Twitter gh you should have simply say: Albert you're completely wrong xbox have backward compatibility
And you could have talked about it and you could have filled the void of my ignorance
Also i don't really see what's the problem since i already say i was wrong, and admitted it, and ebbe says multiple time that Microsoft have better service

But as always all you can do is spread hate and answer whit very angry tone

And who gives you the right to call Twitter people idiot? Are you better than them?
You think you're so better than everyone but you are the first idiot on the earth
You really are a little person, you just spend time insulting people on Twitter and here, don't you have better things to do?

Also i don't defend Sony, i don't give a f about it, I'm buying both a ps5 and an Xbox series x

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
You're no batter, i saw how you act on Twitter, don't came here telling me how i should act when you're the first one doing **** around

If you re really are a better person than the people you call idiot on Twitter gh you should have simply say: Albert you're completely wrong xbox have backward compatibility
Also i don't really see what's the problem since i already say o was wrong, and admitted it

But as always all you can do is spread hate and answer whit very angry tone

And who gives you the right to call Twitter people idiot? Are you better than them?
You think you're so better than everyone but you are the first idiot on the earth

Also i don't defend Sony, i don't give a f about it, I'm buying both a ps5 and an Xbox series x

I would tell you so much worse if this was Twitter because Twitter is a platform full of people like you. This is a forum, we have better standards here, which is why most of our members aren't idiots who just talk out of their ass.

You came here from day one sh*tting on us for being random ass forum users because you thought yourself better than everyone else here just because you write some garbage on metacritic. You threw a tantrum, insulted this forum, but you still lurked around and only kept popping back up to argue with people.

You're also the last person who should be throwing around laugh reacts in a condescending manner when you come around here acting like a fool on a daily basis.

And of course you never see the problem with anything you say. What's new?

D

Deleted member 21244

I would tell you so much worse if this was Twitter because Twitter is a platform full of people like you. This is a forum, we have better standards here, which is why most of our members aren't idiots who just talk out of their ass.

You came here from day one sh*tting on us for being random ass forum users because you thought yourself better than everyone else here just because you write some garbage on metacritic. You threw a tantrum, insulted this forum, but you still lurked around and only kept popping back up to argue with people.

You're also the last person who should be throwing around laugh reacts in a condescending manner when you come around here acting like a fool on a daily basis.

And of course you never see the problem with anything you say. What's new?
I feel myself better than people here?

You literally call people on Twitter idiots thinking you're better than them, you spend you're entire day ****ting on them on Twitter, but you say I'm the one who feel superior? Yeah

The forum isn't **** is the people like you who make this forum garbage
It's not surprise that many new people just get away from here as soon as possible and only the usual people are still around

Turo602

The King of Kings
I feel myself better than people here?

You literally call people on Twitter idiots thinking you're better than them, you spend you're entire day ****ting on them on Twitter, but you say I'm the one who feel superior? Yeah

The forum isn't **** is the people like you who make this forum garbage
It's not surprise that many new people just get away from here as soon as possible and only the usual people are still around

Of course you do. This isn't a secret. You've insulted people and you've never apologized to them and you refuse to be held accountable for any of it because "everyone does it too." How are you still blind to this? What does Twitter have to do with your behavior here and your hypocrisy?

Twitter is a cesspool full of people who never want to be wrong, people who are racist, people who say stupid sh*t, and who troll others. But go on, keep defending those people from being called idiots. I'm sure you can relate to them.

Keep stalking my Twitter, Mr. Productive. All you've done is make this place a headache for everyone because you're impossible to talk to. You don't understand what people are saying half the time, you feel the need to counter argue when no one is arguing, you constantly contradict yourself and change your viewpoints whenever they benefit your argument, and when presented with evidence, you still expect us to bend over backwards for you and find official sources from a decade back because what do we know, we're just random forum users and you're the mighty Albertwesker.

No one is this ignorant. People on Twitter, at least they can hide behind trolling or just being assholes, but you, grow up already.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
These conversations ruin threads. They are needlessly long and boring. Treat each other better or just stop posting. You're making it hard for other people to enjoy these forums. At least this conversation is a little bit on point, but you could both absolutely do better. I think you're both smart and tenacious and have great opinions, but come on, let's take a break from the usual schtick!

I don't see a way for XBOX to win me over. But like I said, in the future, when they are at their cheapest zenith, I might grab a Series X to play some exclusives. I don't play any Bethesda series (if they end up being exclusive) and I have a sort of interest in Halo/Gears. If Rare made some new Banjo Kazooie games, I'd be SUPER tempted though!

Turo602

The King of Kings
These conversations ruin threads. They are needlessly long and boring. Treat each other better or just stop posting. You're making it hard for other people to enjoy these forums. At least this conversation is a little bit on point, but you could both absolutely do better. I think you're both smart and tenacious and have great opinions, but come on, let's take a break from the usual schtick!

Unchecked borderline troll-like behavior whether intentional or not is no better and you do nobody any favors by generically talking down on us without addressing the issue and often picking sides in the past. I'm not trying to be hostile with you, but fence sitting right now isn't exactly helpful either.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
If the button setup on Xbox controllers looked like the one to the right, I would seriously consider switching to it. Whomever came up with that original setup at Microsoft was an idiot.

xbox-improved.jpg

Turo602

The King of Kings
Considering the Gamecube and Xbox controller both share the same analog stick placement, and are considered 2 of the best controllers by people, I'd say it was pretty genius.

The offset sticks are very comfortable for 3D movement where you simultaneously control the camera and is one of the key reasons why Halo was considered such a revolutionary step forward for first-person shooters.

The D-Pad on Playstation made tons of sense when that was the primary way to control characters, but the D-Pad has since become a secondary function in games that moving it below the movement stick still feels totally natural. Even the Joy Cons and Pro Controller on Switch have adopted it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Guys you know that getting personal is bad and the last page or so have had a negative turn. I trust that you know it's time to stop it, if you haven't already.

---------------------

In Norway PS5 is sold out, in fact, som people who have pre-ordered it are told they can expect it around July 2021. The interest for PS5 are about ten times higher than the interest for Xbox. I believe Xbox have always been a good console, but if you can play the game on a more powerful PC why would you play it on an Xbox? This was particularly true on the last generation, in 2014(?) when they were launched both PS4 and Xbox had mediocre hardware. This time they are much more powerful so you'll need a pretty strong PC to get an advantage over the Xbox so not as many will feel they are "downgrading" when playing on Xbox instead of PC.

I read a hardware comparison table on the new consoles. Series S is so much weaker than Series X that I wonder who will enjoy using Series S?
Series X and both PS5 versions have a GPU that does 10-12 TFLOPS. Series S: 4 TFLOPS.
And the memory (I think it is video memory but it just said "memory"):
Series X: 16 GB GDDR6 (448 GB/s)
Series S: 10 GB GDDR6 (8 GB: 224 GB/s. 2 GB: 56 GB/s)
It seems to be more than two versions of the new Xbox where the slowest is really slow compared to the rest.

Edit: something is screwing with my URL so I removed the link to the source.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I read a hardware comparison table on the new consoles. Series S is so much weaker than Series X that I wonder who will enjoy using Series S?

It's the cheapest alternative that plays next-gen games and costs you less than a similarly specced PC. A lot of people still don't have 4k TVs and considering it's an all digital system, it goes well with their Gamepass service making it the most affordable choice for next gen gaming with access to tons of games. I personally have no need or desire for an all digital console or Gamepass, but considering the state of the world and how many people don't care about physical games, power, and are very selective about what games they do buy, this is definitely a good option, especially when it costs no more than a Switch.

Jonipoon

Considering the Gamecube and Xbox controller both share the same analog stick placement, and are considered 2 of the best controllers by people, I'd say it was pretty genius.

The offset sticks are very comfortable for 3D movement where you simultaneously control the camera and is one of the key reasons why Halo was considered such a revolutionary step forward for first-person shooters.

The D-Pad on Playstation made tons of sense when that was the primary way to control characters, but the D-Pad has since become a secondary function in games that moving it below the movement stick still feels totally natural. Even the Joy Cons and Pro Controller on Switch have adopted it.

Considered the best? I guess that's why every single PlayStation console has outsold both Xbox and Gamecube then. I think it has less to do with what's considered the best, and more to do with what you're used to playing with. Of course I, like many other people, could get used to playing with an Xbox controller if I really wanted to - but I don't want to.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Considered the best? I guess that's why every single PlayStation console has outsold both Xbox and Gamecube then. I think it has less to do with what's considered the best, and more to do with what you're used to playing with. Of course I, like many other people, could get used to playing with an Xbox controller if I really wanted to - but I don't want to.

You know they sell controllers that mimic Xbox on Playstation consoles? Many people use Xbox controllers on PC. Console sales have very little to do with what people recognize as a better design for a controller. The Wii outsold the PS3 and Xbox and I don't see people saying the Wiimote was a great controller.

Jonipoon

I'm pretty sure the percentage of PlayStation players that use Xbox-like controllers isn't as high as you'd think. Most people don't even bother buying an additional controller since they are so expensive.

If you could provide an actual statistic for it I'd be proved wrong, but as of now it just sounds like you're talking about a small minority of hardcore players with specific requirements.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm pretty sure the percentage of PlayStation players that use Xbox-like controllers isn't as high as you'd think. Most people don't even bother buying an additional controller since they are so expensive.

If you could provide an actual statistic for it I'd be proved wrong, but as of now it just sounds like you're talking about a small minority of hardcore players with specific requirements.
Considering 2 thirds of the 3 big game companies are utilizing the offset analog sticks, I don't see what exactly you're trying to argue. I'll say it again, console sales are not reflective of controller preferences. Unless you agree that the Wii had a better controller than the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I've been gaming on a Playstation controller much longer than I have an Xbox controller, and I still prefer the offset analog sticks whenever I get to use them as do many people. Guess my sale doesn't count there in your argument.

My statement has nothing to do with console preferences or even which controller is the most popular, so I don't understand why you turned this into a popularity contest as if your original statement and current argument isn't already wrong.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I always thought the Xbox controller looked odd and thought that being different maybe was part of the reason they made it that way. I thought that analog sticks in synch like Sony did it had to be better. But I did not try an Xbox and I like to hear I was wrong! But I guess what type of game you play matters too, maybe the same controller are not best for all games. I played mostly RE4 and GTA San Andreas. In GTA SA you get to use both sticks a lot.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I found this article citing the amount of consoles that have been sold since 2008 and PS has taken the cake overall, with the Switch not doing so bad either.

This article states that the Dual shock 4 is likely the best selling controller as of 2018.

In this wiki, there is a list of best selling consoles, and X-Box barely makes the top 10.

I realize the number of units sold doesn't equate to controllers sold overall, but unfortunately I couldn't find actual stats for overall controller sales. But based on how PS has been dominating over X-Box for years, it doesn't seem unreasonable to guess that more PS controllers have been sold.

I personally hate the X-Box controllers (I really don't find anything redeeming about X-Box) and their flip flopped joysticks but that doesn't matter, so I found some numbers. I think it all comes down to what you've grown to enjoy and normal and it looks like most people are going for PS.

D

Deleted member 21244

I found this article citing the amount of consoles that have been sold since 2008 and PS has taken the cake overall, with the Switch not doing so bad either.

This article states that the Dual shock 4 is likely the best selling controller as of 2018.

In this wiki, there is a list of best selling consoles, and X-Box barely makes the top 10.

I realize the number of units sold doesn't equate to controllers sold overall, but unfortunately I couldn't find actual stats for overall controller sales. But based on how PS has been dominating over X-Box for years, it doesn't seem unreasonable to guess that more PS controllers have been sold.

I personally hate the X-Box controllers (I really don't find anything redeeming about X-Box) and their flip flopped joysticks but that doesn't matter, so I found some numbers. I think it all comes down to what you've grown to enjoy and normal and it looks like most people are going for PS.
I think the best and more confortable controller is the dualshock 4 which many people and many videogame site and journalists agree on

I also find that the touch button and the share button were a nice addition to the overall gaming experience, no wonder why Microsoft copied the share button and added it to the Xbox series x controller lol

probably after the playstation 5 release, the dualsense e will become the best controller due to it's unique feature

But i must admit that having the left analog stick on the top make it more comfortable to use the stick, but it didn't actually change anything about the overall game experience
I had a GameCube and yes it was a bit better having that analog stick there, but who really cares? I think the only people who can care (but not actually that much) are the people who play game tournament for 1 milion dollar and need all the comfort they can, but really the difference was very minimal XD

One of my friend also had an Xbox 360 for like 5 years and we played it day and night on multiple game together like re 5, tekken 6 ecc and What i really find bad about that controller were the directional button, who the hell had the ideas to put all the directional button connected to each other? That's terrible, sometimes when playing fighting games like street fighter 4 or tekken 6, i had to move the directional butto to make combos and that damn directional buttons where a mess... You press up but sometimes it pressed both up and right or up and left, because the button where all connected lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea, I agree. I never really put THAT much thought into controllers until now, except for maybe when I go back and try to play my N64 every now and then. Or more recently with Killing Floor 2s newest patch they changed something which I actually was happy to see, but in employing that change, they made it super awkward to switch to the pistol, because you need to use the directional buttons but you use the same joystick to move so it leave you a sitting duck for a couple seconds when if you're switching to the pistol anyway, you're usually in a bad place lol.

Jonipoon

Considering 2 thirds of the 3 big game companies are utilizing the offset analog sticks, I don't see what exactly you're trying to argue. I'll say it again, console sales are not reflective of controller preferences. Unless you agree that the Wii had a better controller than the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I've been gaming on a Playstation controller much longer than I have an Xbox controller, and I still prefer the offset analog sticks whenever I get to use them as do many people. Guess my sale doesn't count there in your argument.

My statement has nothing to do with console preferences or even which controller is the most popular, so I don't understand why you turned this into a popularity contest as if your original statement and current argument isn't already wrong.
Because you're still focusing on such a small group of people with specific preferences, so its not really relevant when looking at the big picture. The percentage of people who will buy an additional specific controller to their owned console is insignificant.

Top Bottom