• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which characters do you ship together?

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Lol I'm the opposite where most of my favorite games have deep or moving symbolic plots I just like how one track minded the older games I mostly just have problems with 6s canon and its weird how much has changed with RE's overall canon comparing something like 2 to 6 or Revelations 2.

I like such games too. my most fav game is Final Fantasy X and a big reason for that is that no other game has ever moved me as much as FF X did. But I don´t need a deep or symbolic plot in a game that´s about viruses creating monsters :p That´s not what I expect from Resident Evil, just like I don´t a deep and meaningful story when I play things like God of War (for example). I just want engaging characters that I can put my heart into, a fascinating mythology, awesome monsters, bloody action and suspense and badass presentation. For me it´s not "one size fits all" thinking. It totally depends on the game and genre what I expect, like and want to see. I am perfectly happy with RE as is. Yes the story has changed - it had to. Seriously how many times can you basically do the same thing over and over before it dies? I love the old exploitation-horror style games but RE needed something new after almost 10 years repeating the same formula. And so they expanded it, made it bigger, more blockbuster, less grindhouse. the canon changed because the characters changed. Because life goes on and evolves. Thats how its supposed to be. and thats why I love RE so much. Capcom allowed it to grow up. To evolve into something bigger. the characters matured and got older and found new missions in life. New purpose. That´s how life works. And that´s one of my favorite things about RE - that it did not repeat itself over and over but kept going and evolving. Just like its characters. I know people get so hung up on nostalgia and they never want things to change. They want to get the same 1990s game over and over. If Capcom were thinking like that, RE would have died out a long time ago.

Top Bottom