• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 which campaign?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ada's campaign seems the most interesting to me, not only because it looks so scary, but also because it is said to tie up the loose ends. But generally, I'm looking forward to all of them and I can't even say for sure which one I'll play first.

slack

I like how Leon's and Ada's look but I'm gonna start with Jake and Sherry's simply because I despise Leon as a character.

Lonesurvivor2127

Ada Wong's

Puzzles, no co-op, zombies, survival-horror, finding out that she isn't a clone at all to troll everyone who theorized that she is... I'm foaming at the mouth with anticipation.

I don't think anyone thinks that she is a clone but that there is a Ada clone / doppelganger. Which the achievements have basicly revealed is a fact now. lol

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I haven't read much into the theory, but from what I heard, they're saying that the Ada we see in the promotional material isn't the real Ada, which I think is bullsh*t.

I'm not reading that achievement list now. Why can't Capcom leave spoilers for people to find out in the game?

"LOL WESKER IS THE MAIN VILLAIN IN RE5."
"LOL THE NEW KID IS WESKER'S SON."

Lonesurvivor2127

I haven't read much into the theory, but from what I heard, they're saying that the Ada we see in the promotional material isn't the real Ada, which I think is bullsh*t.
I'm not reading that achievement list now. Why can't Capcom leave spoilers for people to find out in the game?

The theory came down to acouple of things but most importantly a list and the trailers. The list was released months before we saw anything. It had all the main characters names on revealing Jake's name and Carla Radames Ada's clone on it. Not much to go on but as things started to be released the list was right. The Trailers have shown a blue Ada acting like a villian and a red Ada who has acted like she always has. But the huge thing was when Simmons was taunting Ada by telling her is was going to be sent up and her saying how she saw a interesting video. That's when Chris' men died and he lost his memory. The achievements just kind of revealed what some of us have been saying. lol However we don't know if it's a clone,doppelganger, or what it is.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries

I don't think this is Capcom's fault since it's up to you to view the trailers, gameplay, spoilers etc.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
And then people spout them off as if it's common knowledge.

Imagine if Christopher Nolan announced...
[Highlight]"LOL BATMAN DIED BUT NOT REALLY BRUCE GOES OUT TO DINNER WITH CATWOMAN AT THE END"[/Highlight]
...that would ruin a big part of the movie, and make the plot less interesting. Wouldn't it be awesome if the identity of Jake's father was kept secret until the game was released, and you find out while the story is progressing?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Maybe they only felt the need to explain Jake's right to be in the game, to make him more important and interesting instead of having everyone wonder: "Who the hell is this guy, why is he in the game and not Jill or Claire?" As for my part, although I think they do spoil us pretty much, the revelation of Jake's identity made me want to play this game even more. Since the release of that second trailer I've been looking forward to Jake's meeting with Chris, and how Chris will react once he finds out who the guy really is... among other things.

So, in short: I find it important to release some story spoilers, but seeing what Capcom is doing at the moment, I agree with those of you who say they're already giving away too much. However, until the game is out, we can only speculate on how much they're actually giving away. I mean, although we know that Jake is said to be Wesker's son, we still don't know anything about the circumstances of his birth, who his mother is, if he was conceived in a natural way... or - SURPRISE! - if he even is Wesker's son. It might turn out to be a big lie after all, especially when you consider who tells Jake this alleged truth. We are still left in the dark concerning these matters.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Yeah I do feel like they've given away more of the story than I'd care to know before playing it, but there is 4 hours of cutscenes between the campaigns so that's something. I'm sure there will be a few twists and what not.

And as for the original question, I'm pretty stoked on all of them and will probably play them in the "recommended" order. Though I'd probably play Ada's first if I could given that its single player with puzzles and apparently the classic RE feel.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
And as for the original question, I'm pretty stoked on all of them and will probably play them in the "recommended" order.

Same here. Since I don't know whose campaign I prefer anyway, I'm glad that the developers suggest an order. There are characters I like more or am more curious about than others, but every campaign has interesting aspects in its story...

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Same here. Since I don't know whose campaign I prefer anyway, I'm glad that the developers suggest an order. There are characters I like more or am more curious about than others, but every campaign has interesting aspects in its story...
That's probably the order I would have started out with regardless, going on just likeness(and zombies... mmyes zombies) of the characters. Apparently you'll get the best out of the story this way too so that works for me.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
There's a suggested order?

I Google'd it but I can't find anything. Where can I find where they state this suggested order?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Leon - Chris - Jake seems to be the officially recommended order, but now that you mention it... I don't even remember where I heard or read this. :confused: Maybe it's because the characters/campaigns were introduced in that order in the first trailer. (And in the other trailers too, if I'm not mistaken.)

Top Bottom